Author Topic: Meeting Brokies in Person??  (Read 15436 times)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
Re: Meeting Brokies in Person??
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 11:49:03 am »
The only ones I have met are Acoustic man and GG. Two good ones if I might say so. How we met is on the IMDb boards last year discussing the documentory Grzzly Man. The three of us at the time were really hooked on it. I started a thread that asked if anyone was from upstate N.Y. I got about 6 responses two of them being Acousticman and GG. Well came to be Acoustic man/Tullio and GG/Greg  lived pretty close to each other. The three of us used to chat all the time. I live about two hours from both of them and drove to meet them both.

after that we became three very good friends and continued on to BBM on IMDb. Heard of this place and moved over here. We see each other alot, and chat on phone too. I have enjoyed seeing and listening to Acousticman/Tullio play his guitar and sing in clubs a few times.

Who would of thought that these boards can bless you with lifetime friends? But they can and it seems that there are alot of great friendship emerging here on Bettermost! It's really a great thing to watch.!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 11:58:43 am by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2006, 06:57:47 pm »
Lynne, great idea for a poll (one I had, but never got around to implementing!) :)

Here in Seattle: fellow Seattleites silkincense and uberlibran (dinner and THE movie)

The Aero adventure in Santa Monica (AnglessFest): henrypie, Banner Hill, starboardlight, mlewisusc, ndatmo-1, surf, maribel, maribel's friend, (a couple more?).  Can I count Jake, Heath, Michelle, Diana, Rodrigo, and Gustavo, who were all just a few feet away, but whom I wasn't actually introduced to? :)

The Castro adventure in San Francisco: sfericsf, Sashca1007, ptannen, kirkmusic, twistedude, RouxB, JuaninNYC, ednbarby, nerdyjock, Adrian.DelMar, and about 25 others, including starboardlight and silkincense, both of whom I won't count twice.

Here, in Seattle, when they visited: Shuggy and henrypie (whom I won't count twice).

I've also talked to maybe 6 or so others by phone, but I understand you are asking about face to face, so won't count 'em. 

Me love Brokies.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 09:40:48 am »

Hey..

Well until last week, I could only count Ray but I've expanded it quite considerably!

Ray, Celeste, rt (charlie), Eric, Pete, Mikaela, John, DeeDee, Meryl, Juan, RouxB, Will...,

Wish it had included Mandy too..  *sigh*
Chut up!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 01:00:45 pm »
I think I'm up to 24, soon to be 26 when Lynne visits this weekend to see the Gustavo event, and Adrian's going to be there, too.  Me love Brokies, too.  :-*
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 11:37:47 am by meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 08:30:39 pm »
Same as Chrissi! I met Fabienne, Mikaela, Nicky, Anke, Becky, Ann (Becky's Mom), James, Kerstin (Chrissi's friend) and Chrissi at the EURO BROKIE meeting. I don't think I will travel to the US or Canada, but I do hope to meet other fellow Brokies. And why not soon - in December in London again.

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2006, 07:14:35 am »
I think I have met at least Eleven Brokies.

I have gone to New York City twice for BBM brunches in the Village.

I met Meryl, TwoMules (Sarah), NewYearsDay (Jenny), JuaninNYC,  John Gallagher, DeeDee & her hubby,  HobokenJeff, Jeff Wrangler and Anke from Germany!

Also,  I drove up to Maine to have lunch with Mainwriter (Leslie) and BBMIswear (Lisa).

I also met Montferrat (Paul) and another girl from IMDB back in the Spring.  She never joined BetterMost and Paul..... hasn't logged in lately.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 03:06:38 pm »
Between the Castro showing, Atlanta showing, Autie's BBQ (lots of Dave Cullen members), Boston & NYC, I'm guessing 61-80.  Might actually be more.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 12:34:49 am »
The Castro bash (and thanks to Eric I'm a YouTuber), New England/Boston Brokeathon and New York puts me at about...a lot. I'm starting to plan my vacations around Brokie visits.

I got nothin' but love for ya

O0

Heathen

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 12:56:37 am »
I'm starting to plan my vacations around Brokie visits.

Damn straight you are ;) !  I've forgotten there's any other way to plan a vacation!
All that love back at you.

Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 04:21:24 pm »
Hm, I've met quite a few brokies. I'd say more than 20 to be sure. but of the ones that I met first on the net, it'd be just under 20. We did our meeting up for the Aero screening in Santa Monica, and then the Castro showing in SF. At the Castro, I met quite a few others that were from other boards, so I hadn't really met thing on the net before.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.