Author Topic: Brokeback Through The Looking Glass (the Malaysian subtitles thread)  (Read 178044 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: The Looking Glass - The Final Frontier
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2006, 11:25:03 am »
I am laughing so hard I am crying!

I just went back and read the original thread on this...somehow I missed it yesterday.

Ennis Balmor?? Jack being buried in a plant?? OMG, this is priceless.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 11:35:51 am by lnicoll »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2006, 11:32:46 am »
LINE: We can hunt in November, kill us a nice elk...
SUBTITLE: We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

LOL I knew Jake like carpentary but feeling up wood is going a bit far don't you think?

LINE: We got a family plot and he's goin in it.
SUBTITLE: Where you get a family plant, he's going at it...     (Hmrrmm, well, we can only wish he's goin at it BEHIND this plant.. and that somebody's filming it for us...  go Jack..)

LOL Sheyne this is "Piss your self laughing" stuff! Wooops Miss I had an acident! LOL :-[ Only joking!
Ahh the mental images this subtitle conjures up.......Let me dream a while!........ ;)

LOL Sheyne you are the queen of all things comedic! Seriously this stuff is comedy gold! I love this and you hun! :-*
Thanks for posting!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2006, 12:27:22 pm »
This is too funny for words! I love it.
My favorite part:
LINE: We can hunt in November, kill us a nice elk...
SUBTITLE: We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
Re: UPdated!!!! Brokeback Through The Looking Glass
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2006, 12:33:48 pm »
LINE: I can already see what little Bobby looks like.
SUBTITLE: I already see a little barbie she looks like.  (hmm)

no wonder Bobby was acting like Tony Soprano. He butches up cause his grampa kept thinking he's looks a barbie. Makes so much sense now.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2006, 07:02:35 pm »
Question Sheyne, do you mind if I post this on a French BBM forum? Some of them speak very good English and will understand.. (not sure about the Malayan sub-titles though..  ;D)

May I?

~ j U d E

Of course you can, Jude..  hope they get a giggle out of it...  Honestly, some of the lines myself - the caressing nice oak one... oh god, you have just got to hope that some people aren't relying on these subtitles to understand the film because you're going to get some poor viewers walking away and trying to discuss it on a forum somewhere and wanting to know where in the hell in Wyoming Jack was able to get good with using a canoe??  And did Ennis ever have to face judgment over depressing Jack's uncle to death.  And what ever became of Kyle, Gary, Patsy, Grandall and the family plant??  Not to mention who else was on Ennis's short list?? hmmmm
Chut up!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2006, 07:06:43 pm »
I think there are some interesting developments on the canoe front! I mean in november they can hug and feel up some oak, hey maybe the canoe is made of oak and that is what Ennis is refering to! And he has been asking Jack to show him how to ride the rapids! Oh never mind the actual storyline, this has just got interesting people! :o
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2006, 09:47:55 pm »
omg that is so funny, but sad too for the poor people who are going to think how terrible bbm is because of it!

either way, i found me a new signature lol

thanks for posting these sheyne :D
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2006, 10:40:52 pm »
Question Sheyne, do you mind if I post this on a French BBM forum? Some of them speak very good English and will understand.. (not sure about the Malayan sub-titles though..  ;D)

May I?

~ j U d E

Of course you can, Jude..  hope they get a giggle out of it...  Honestly, some of the lines myself - the caressing nice oak one... oh god, you have just got to hope that some people aren't relying on these subtitles to understand the film because you're going to get some poor viewers walking away and trying to discuss it on a forum somewhere and wanting to know where in the hell in Wyoming Jack was able to get good with using a canoe??  And did Ennis ever have to face judgment over depressing Jack's uncle to death.  And what ever became of Kyle, Gary, Patsy, Grandall and the family plant??  Not to mention who else was on Ennis's short list?? hmmmm

Thank you Sheyne! I will post it there and will let you know about the reaction (if any..)!

It's just brilliant! It's like a parallele story - I'd love to see Jake and Heath re-enact some of those scenes.. Especially the oak caressing! LOL!

Good night -

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2006, 11:21:30 pm »
Oh my GOD Sheyne!

I literally have tears on my face from laughing so hard.  Thank you thank you thank you for posting this! 
   Cowboys do it better

dmmb_Mandy

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2006, 11:41:59 pm »
LOL!!! Oh my, that is so friggin' funny. Most of the times that I write "LOL", I'm not actually laughing out loud, but this time I am!! HAHAHAHahahaha! But, it worries me that they may have a very distorted view of our beautiful BBM. Still hilarious though!  ;D

SUBTITLE: I guess I had a bone light and flat.  (Mandy, it is in your capable hands to make something truly filthy out of this... its there, its all there, bones, flats...  )

*thinking of something juicey & witty*