Author Topic: HER NAME IS RAMONA!  (Read 10428 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
HER NAME IS RAMONA!
« on: October 04, 2006, 04:56:49 am »
!! C ~ O ~ N ~ G ~ R ~ A ~ T ~ U ~ L ~ A ~ T ~ I ~ O ~ N ~ S !!

Maggie Gyllenhaal, 28, and fiancé Peter Sarsgaard, 35, welcomed their first baby together tonight
in New York City, reports Just Jared. Baby Ramona arrived two weeks ahead of her due date.

Stephen Gyllenhaal (Maggie's father) confirms the news via email through his publisher - the proud
grandpa says Ramona made her debut at 8 pm.

[Source: http://www.celebrity-babies.com]

j. U. d. E.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 05:12:03 am by j. U. d. E. »
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline opinionista

Re: HER NAME IS RAMONA!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 05:31:33 am »
Wow. I'm certainly happy for them. However, bad choice of name IMO. I don't like it at all! But I'll bet she's a beautiful baby.  :D
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 05:56:03 am »
You can imagine jake being a doting Uncle can't you!?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 06:59:01 am »
Ramona? It was the 257th most popular name in the 1940s, and 241st in the 1960s, but dropped out of the top 1000 in the 1990s. Maybe they are hoping for a celebrity comeback or something. It makes me think of the "Ramona" books (Beezus and Ramona? something like that).

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 07:03:23 am »
Ramona?    Mona for short!    :)      Makes me think of the character "Mona Ramsey" in the book & film series :  "Tales of the City" by Armistead Maupin. 

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 07:55:25 am »
Ramona? It was the 257th most popular name in the 1940s, and 241st in the 1960s, but dropped out of the top 1000 in the 1990s. Maybe they are hoping for a celebrity comeback or something. It makes me think of the "Ramona" books (Beezus and Ramona? something like that).

L

Beatrice and Romana
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 08:02:48 am »
Ramona is eech.   :P  Mona is cool.

Beatrice is only cool if you're the daughter of the Duchess of York.   :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 08:37:04 am »
Beatrice and Romana

I should trust my aging memory. It is Beezus and Ramona:

In Beezus and Ramona, Beezus, who is just turning ten, finds four-year-old Ramona an exasperating little sister who invites her nursery school friends to an unplanned party, takes one bite out of each apple in the box, and spoils her birthday cake—twice.

I read that Heath and Michelle named Matilda after the Matilda in Roald Dahl's book. Maybe Maggie and Peter are Ramona fans. Beverly Cleary wrote five Ramona books. Beezus and Ramona was the first. For more, see:

http://www.beverlycleary.com/index.html

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 08:53:54 am »
Yeah, Beezus was what everyone called her... I forgot that somehow... probably because she got to the point where she didn't like it anymore. I got "Ramona the Pest" when I was in fourth grade.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 09:10:36 am »
I think Ramona is very pretty.  I like old-fashioned names.  It's sure as hell better than all those surname/unisex names they're giving girls these days, and a million times better than a fruit.

I work with a woman named Ramona who goes by Mona, as a matter of fact, and we were talking about a month ago about how no one ever names their girls names like ours anymore.  I should call her and tell her someone finally did.  :)

Will came four weeks early.  If she's small, I hope they won't be too concerned.  It means nothing.  Will weighed 5.0 pounds at birth and was only 18 inches long.  He had to be in the NICU for four days because his blood sugar level wouldn't stabilize so they had to give him glucose by I.V.

At 4 1/2, he's off the charts tall for his age (45 inches) and of average weight.  He's gonna be taller than his daddy, who's 6 feet tall, if the formula they use at 2 years old is accurate.

Hope it all went as smoothly as possible for her.  Your first is so scary because unless you have a scheduled C-section, you just have no idea how it's going to go, and that unknown factor is daunting.  It's so nice that her family was all around her.  My brothers and parents had zero interest in being with or near me when Will was born.  Granted, I was 36 and had been married for 11 years, and they already had multiple grandchildren.  My mother would have been there come hell or high water.  As it turned out, Ed's sister and parents are the ones who were there.  I still think of them as my true family and I always will no matter what happens.

ANYway..., welcome to this place, Ramona.  You've been born into an extraordinary family.  (And for what it's worth, I think your name is lovely.)

~ Barb, from her hit song "On And On"
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 09:13:44 am by ednbarby »
No more beans!