615,982 Posts in 14,787 Topics by 2,768 Residents
Latest Member: vnszbjzn
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 16, 2019, 08:05:13 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Home Help Login Register
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum  |  Our BetterMost Community  |  The Polling Place (Moderator: David In Indy)  |  Topic: What Is The Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Ate? 0 Residents and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Is The Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Ate?  (Read 34189 times)
Penthesilea
Town Administration
The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 12:50:50 pm »

A German who doesn't like something in the cabbage family?  Shocked

The world is surely coming to an end. ...  Grin

Wink

Yup. Hope you're prepared for it. Maybe stock up on some provisions? Canned red and white cabbage for example? Wink Grin

Did I already mention that I don't like beer? laugh

Jeff Wrangler
BetterMost Supporter!

"He somebody you cowboy'd with?"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 01:49:35 pm »

Did I already mention that I don't like beer? laugh

Shocked  laugh

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.
oilgun
BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 09:00:04 pm »

Blood Pudding!
Yes, the main ingredient is blood.

To be honest, it's actually pretty tasty, lol!
delalluvia
BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club

"Truth is an iron bride"

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 09:10:19 pm »

I can't think of anything 'disgusting' that I've eaten.  I've eaten things I didn't like, but that's not disgusting.

southendmd
BetterMost Supporter!
BetterMost Moderator

well, I won't

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 09:14:21 pm »

I consider myself a fairly adventurous eater.  I love a smoked tongue every now and then, and sweetbreads (thymus gland) is a favorite.  However........

Andouillette.  I had this in France about 20 years ago.  I must have confused it with andouille, which is very different.  Andouillette is essentially pork intestines.  I believe the American equivalent is chitterlings or chitlins.  Truly disgusting. 

photobucket sucks
southendmd
BetterMost Supporter!
BetterMost Moderator

well, I won't

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 09:17:10 pm »

BTW, I love broccoli in all preparations.  And I love brussel sprouts, particularly when they're sliced thinly and seared on high heat until charred.  However, use the stove fan, because it does smell up the house!  

However, I dislike most other forms of cabbage intensely.  Go figure.  

photobucket sucks
southendmd
BetterMost Supporter!
BetterMost Moderator

well, I won't

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 09:23:06 pm »

David, since you also asked for our least favorite food, here it is.  I know it's weird, but I DETEST mint in any food.  I find it overly strong and astringent.   It's tough because I like lamb, which is often contaminated with some kind of minty abomination.   I find I have to ask in restaurants about mint and tell them I'm "allergic".  I once had some Vietnamese beef thing that was studded with mint and, even though I tried to pick out the offending green stuff, I had to send it back.  YUK.  

Of course, in these times, every dessert sports a mint garnish that I humbly ask my dining companion to kindly remove from my plate so I don't have to touch it.  

Furthermore, I have fortunately discovered a wintergreen toothpaste that has no mint whatsoever.  Heaven.  

photobucket sucks
louisev
BetterMost Supporter!
BetterMost Moderator

"My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 09:54:25 pm »

worst food I ever ate intentionally was kimchee - fermented cabbage Korean style.  Liver and kidneys come in a very close second.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Jeff Wrangler
BetterMost Supporter!

"He somebody you cowboy'd with?"

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 10:56:10 pm »

Andouillette.  I had this in France about 20 years ago.  I must have confused it with andouille, which is very different.  Andouillette is essentially pork intestines.  I believe the American equivalent is chitterlings or chitlins.  Truly disgusting. 

I hope that's some sort of stuffing in there, and not the original, er, contents. ...

Reminds me of that rural Pennsylvania German delicacy pig stomach. (I think that may be what Jed Clampett called hog maw.) Pig stomach is generally stuffed with diced potatoes and sausage, and the whole thing is roasted. The stuffing isn't bad. I could never get my grandmother to add diced celery to the mixture, however.

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.
Front-Ranger
BetterMost Moderator

I'm marching for her!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 11:32:19 pm »

I love shopping at the Oriental markets, but there's one meat case that I have to tiptoe past with my eyes averted. I did the same with a couple of the posts here!! By the way, friend Paul, wintergreen IS a form of MINT!

May 2019 be better for us all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  All Go Up Print 
BetterMost, Wyoming & Brokeback Mountain Forum  |  Our BetterMost Community  |  The Polling Place (Moderator: David In Indy)  |  Topic: What Is The Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Ate? « previous next »
Jump to:  

Listen to Brokeback Mountain Radio 1
Listen to Brokeback Mountain Radio 1

Help keep this site operating by donating.

Web bettermost.net
Image courtesy of 'AuroraLucis'

No more beans.  I'm sick of beans.