Author Topic: What Is The Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Ate?  (Read 117178 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: What Is The Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Ate?
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2012, 03:02:49 pm »
Lamb tongue is very tasty.  When I was married (my husband was Pakistani) we ate a lot of lamb tongue curry.  I prepared the dish often and it was my favorite.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2012, 04:38:57 pm »
It sounds tasty, Marie.

How did you prepare the lamb tongue?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2012, 05:01:41 pm »
Lamb tongue is very tasty.  When I was married (my husband was Pakistani) we ate a lot of lamb tongue curry.  I prepared the dish often and it was my favorite.

I am sure its very healthy food. But for me the image is so important. And the once I have seen so far. I would say, looks just horrible.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2012, 08:02:33 pm »
I try to be a veggie girl. So this is the last thing I would consider. It looks just horrible, even when its boilded and sliced.

Well at least I feel better.  I was beginning to think, I was a total pussy.  Its good to see there are some others that agree with me.

I could never eat some of these things.  I did taste beef tongue
ONCE.  My mother was trying to convince me it was really good...NOT...  I took a bite, and spat it out.  I never tried her bright ideas again.
Some of the things she was good at trying to get the rest of us to eat were..  Tongue,  sweet breads, head cheese, and unfortunately
some other extremely "to me," disgusting delicacies.  My brothers and my dad too, if I remember right.  Were totally unreceptive..  If she
had those items for herself, she usually just bought a deli portion and ate it all herself...course she ate cold fried eggs from the fridge also..So maybe that should have been a clue? 
   We obviously were adopted...?  heheheh

Beautiful mind

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2012, 09:29:56 pm »
It sounds tasty, Marie.

How did you prepare the lamb tongue?

Hey, sweetie!  :)  How did I prepare the tongue?  It's so strange!  I haven't eaten one since the late 80s (when I divorced) but I remember buying lamb tongues from the Berkeley Bowl market where they were sold on butcher's styrofoam lined up.  Can you image small tongues (about 7 to a flat) lined up and covered with what looked like Saran wrap?  People thought they were gross and felt sorry for the dear little lamb.  I felt guilty for eating them too, but that didn't stop me from cooking up a pot of lamb curry once a week.   ;D

To prepare them I boiled the tongues first before cutting them up into small chunks.  After the curry sauce was ready, I added the tongues and warmed them in the sauce so they could get a bit more tender.  Lamb tongues can be tough, but they are surely delicious.  I don't see them sold in the chain markets anymore.  I suppose if I wanted some I would have to visit a specialty market.  I miss them. 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #105 on: April 16, 2012, 09:31:17 pm »
I am sure its very healthy food. But for me the image is so important. And the once I have seen so far. I would say, looks just horrible.

They don't look good, certainly.  I know where you're coming from.  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #106 on: April 16, 2012, 09:39:43 pm »
  Well at least I feel better.  I was beginning to think, I was a total pussy.  Its good to see there are some others that agree with me.

I could never eat some of these things.  I did taste beef tongue
ONCE.  My mother was trying to convince me it was really good...NOT...  I took a bite, and spat it out. 
I never tried her bright ideas again.
Some of the things she was good at trying to get the rest of us to eat were..  Tongue,  sweet breads, head cheese, and unfortunately
some other extremely "to me," disgusting delicacies.  My brothers and my dad too, if I remember right.  Were totally unreceptive..  If she
had those items for herself, she usually just bought a deli portion and ate it all herself...course she ate cold fried eggs from the fridge also..So maybe that should have been a clue? 
   We obviously were adopted...?  heheheh

Yes, I did the same thing when my mom cooked beef tongue for us when I was a kid.  I didn't like it at all.  I've been told that when we lived in Oklahoma I ate things like squirrel, rabbit (we continued eating rabbit after we moved here to California) frog's legs, beef brains sauteed in scrambled eggs and pickled pigs feet.  My father used to catch the small game, as he hunted to feed us.  At least we never ate possum.  The only "critters" I remember eating is rabbit and the pickled pigs feet.  Oh yeah, the beef brains are still a favorite but are almost impossible to find, probably because of mad cow disease.  I sure miss my beef brains and eggs: my favorite weekend breakfast.  By the way, I love head cheese, but I don't eat it very often.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2012, 07:49:22 am »
I've not eaten this, but I found it online.

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2012, 08:13:00 am »
Good Lord whatever is it??? It looks awful whatever it is. Yuk. :laugh:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2012, 09:37:07 am »
Good Lord whatever is it??? It looks awful whatever it is. Yuk. :laugh:

There you go. I think it looks yum, not yuk. :laugh: