Author Topic: What Is The Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Ate?  (Read 117123 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: What Is The Most Disgusting Thing You've Ever Ate?
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2012, 08:36:03 pm »

Wow.  That looks like a total committment to eat that.  Lots of different reasons.

Beautiful mind

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2012, 08:37:23 pm »
I don't know if I ever told you all this, but back when I was 11 or 12 my mom gave my sister and I GREEN MILK for St. Patrick's Day. She put green food coloring in it but I just couldn't handle it. Nor could Susan. And I remember her feeling very insulted.

GREEN MILK?!!!

Poor mom! She really DID try though! :laugh:

Hey, Sweetheart!  :-* Green milk?  Yeah, that seems pretty weird.  I absolutely love milk but if I saw green colored milk in a glass I wouldn't go anywhere near it.  I did have a green colored ice cream cone once on St. Patrick's Day, but a green ice cream cone (even though it tasted vanilla) is not really unusual. 

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2012, 09:07:22 am »
chicken feet in the Dominican Republic - they serve them like French fries.  Yuk.

Still holds first prize as my most disgusting thing ingested *ever*!

;)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline oilgun

« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2012, 07:09:25 pm »

Huitlacoche (or Cuitlacoche) is a fungus that infects corn kernels during the rainy season in Mexico.  It's also sometimes called Mexican Truffle.  I had it only once, as a pizza topping in Cuernavaca, and it was absolutely delicious!  Best pizza I ever had.  It's also available in a can but I haven't been able to find it here:

Not very appetizing, that's for sure!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:04:16 pm by oilgun »

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2012, 08:50:39 pm »

We used to live on a huge co-op farm.  One of their major crops was corn.  We enjoyed having all the fresh corn we wanted all year.  What
with eating it fresh picked in season.  Then we would put up in the freezer.  Meal sized amounts in plastic freezer bags.   
   However we always cut off the part that had that stuff on it.  It had a distinctly smutty smell.  Therefor it was called smut.  I never would have
thought to eat it though.  It may be a somewhat aquired taste.  Like blue cheese.

I would probably try that.  Even with my finicky mindset.  I do love Blue cheese.

I would never eat that stuff from the can.. It is down right scary looking.   Looks kind of like rabbit pellets in a sauce...guuh
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:52:14 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2012, 07:32:13 pm »

Huitlacoche (or Cuitlacoche) is a fungus that infects corn kernels during the rainy season in Mexico.  It's also sometimes called Mexican Truffle.  I had it only once, as a pizza topping in Cuernavaca, and it was absolutely delicious!  Best pizza I ever had.  It's also available in a can but I haven't been able to find it here:

Not very appetizing, that's for sure!

BLECH!!!!!  :P  :P

Who thinks these things up? Did you ever wonder about that?

I mean SERIOUSLY, somebody at some point in time had to see that mess and say "Gee, I wonder what THIS tastes like!"

Maybe it tastes good, and maybe it doesn't. But that picture of the opened tin looks like someone just changed the oil in their car and drained it into that can! And then crapped in it! :laugh:

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2012, 02:32:20 pm »
Here is a shot of the can's full content  :o:

Here is a simple recipe:  Huitlacoche Quesadillas

1 tablespoon oil

1/4 onion, minced

1 garlic clove, minced

2 serrano peppers, minced

1 (7-ounce) can of huitlacoche

6 to 8 (6- to 7-inch) corn tortillas

1 (12-ounce) package Oaxaca cheese, sliced

1. In a medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add the onions, garlic and minced peppers and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are softened, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the huitlacoche and heat until it begins to bubble, stirring frequently, then remove from heat and set aside.

2. Assemble the quesadillas: Heat a tortilla on the stovetop (this can be done directly on the stovetop or using a comal, or griddle pan). Add sliced cheese to one-half of the tortilla, and when it has melted, add a scoop of the huitlacoche mixture. Fold the tortilla over and hold in a warm place until all of the quesadillas have been assembled. Repeat with the remaining tortillas. Serve immediately.

Each serving: 455 calories; 25 grams protein; 22 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams fiber; 31 grams fat; 17 grams saturated fat; 76 mg cholesterol; 2 grams sugar; 478 mg sodium.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/07/food/la-fo-mexican-vegetarianrec3-20110407

First one here to find a can of the stuff and to use it in a dish and eat it, wins!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2012, 08:38:23 am »
OMG that black stuff looks horrible!!! Blurgh!!! What on earth is it supposed to be???  ???

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2014, 04:10:32 am »
That just looks wrong

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2014, 04:26:27 am »
Many many years ago, was a passenger in a car, and eating Kentucky Fried Chicken as we were driving along the highway one night, so could not see the food......I bit into something in the chicken that started ooozing out stuff, and quckly turned on the light to see some form of absess in the chicken with pussy stuff oozing out of it......

I was trying to yell to hubby to stop the car as I started violently vomitting.........

I've never eaten KFC since.....

No doubt you all must be overjoyed that I have told you that, eh.........
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection