Author Topic: Zero at the Bone by MadLori  (Read 221002 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Zero at the Bone by MadLori
« Reply #210 on: January 01, 2008, 07:32:58 am »
Has anyone heard anything from Lori? It,s been ages and ages since TCJ was updated(september) and about a month for Zero at the Bone. I was hoping for a chapter over Christmas. I miss both of these stories very much. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #211 on: January 04, 2008, 02:38:03 pm »
For all those waiting for "Zero" and 'TCJ" - a status report/note from Lori.  I'll quote the most important line: "Don't panic, nothing bad."

http://community.livejournal.com/humaninterest/93016.html

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #212 on: January 04, 2008, 02:59:11 pm »
Thanks for the info Marie!
:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

mvansand76

« Reply #213 on: January 04, 2008, 04:01:03 pm »
I wonder which fandom she is writing in.... :D

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2008, 09:59:42 pm »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2008, 10:09:10 pm »
I wonder which fandom she is writing in.... :D

This was at the end of her Zero chapter:

Oops, sorry I forgot to put in the info about my other fic as I promised. Fixing that now.

I am writing a multichaptered fic in the "Tin Man" universe, if anybody cares. I am doing something revolutionary with it...I'm writing the whole thing before posting and I'm in love with this method. In fact, I will probably use it for the possible Zero sequel. I can go back and change things, insert scenes, fix mistakes...and once I start posting I can stick to a strict schedule and never worry about falling behind or keeping people waiting. Yay.

Anyhow. Another first for me...I will be posting this story under a pseudonym, but if enough people are interested I will also post it on this community.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #216 on: January 11, 2008, 02:32:18 pm »
SPOILERS

That was hard.  Talk about "close but yet so far..."   I knew D couldn't show up, and that made it even harder for me to watch Jack's anticipation. 

I'm glad he had that talk with Megan and voiced his very natural (and realistic) fears.  A "normal" life, which kind of strips everything to it's basics without the intense highs and lows, can often be the most difficult thing to deal with.  I do hope Lori does follow through with a sequel because there would be so many issues to explore.

D's brand of tenderness in the letter was so touching it broke my heart, but it also gave me hope in its honesty.  Even though we don't "see" D in this chapter, I felt his anguish and his yearning every bit as strongly as Jack's.  An intensely moving chapter.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #217 on: January 11, 2008, 03:07:06 pm »
**Spoilers**

I'm not surprised that D didn't show up... but somehow it almost feels like he was behaving like a "tease" by going to the house just before Jack shows up.  Somehow I feel like it would have been better if he hadn't gone at all.  I am glad that he conveyed the note to Jack (but maybe he could have done this via a note from Megan and some other venue).  It's also nice to know that he says he's kept his promise to Jack and hasn't killed anyone.  It's hard to imagine just exactly what his plan/ strategy is... still at this juncture.

This definitely felt like a transitional chapter to me.  It'll be interesting to see how this complex plot is brought to a conclusion in just a few chapters as seems to be Lori's goal now.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #218 on: January 11, 2008, 07:28:48 pm »
**Spoilers**

I'm not surprised that D didn't show up... but somehow it almost feels like he was behaving like a "tease" by going to the house just before Jack shows up.  Somehow I feel like it would have been better if he hadn't gone at all.  I am glad that he conveyed the note to Jack (but maybe he could have done this via a note from Megan and some other venue).  It's also nice to know that he says he's kept his promise to Jack and hasn't killed anyone.  It's hard to imagine just exactly what his plan/ strategy is... still at this juncture.

This definitely felt like a transitional chapter to me.  It'll be interesting to see how this complex plot is brought to a conclusion in just a few chapters as seems to be Lori's goal now.

SPOILERS

I guess I see that a little differently..."behaving like a tease" doesn't strike me as D's style at all.  I think one of the great ironies of D (and OS Ennis, also) is that he is, at heart, an honest, no bs kind of man, forced to live a lie - which, of course, only compounds his inner turmoil. I  found his letter so incredibly moving and sincere.  But most importantly, I didn't get the impression that Jack saw it as a tease. 

He buried his head in the pillow and smiled; a faint smell of D remained.

I think he saw that as the gift D intended it to be - "sharing" the bed in the only way they could and allowing Jack to open up a part of himself he'd kept buried for three months.  A frustrating scene, for sure, but I also thought it had a beautiful poignancy. 

It really is hard to imagine what kind of plan he has in the works, isn't it?  I know my mind isn't up to the task!  LOL!  Yep, we're entering the home stretch and that leaves me with all kinds of conflicting feelings about seeing the story conclude.  I imagine we'll get a "D" chapter next, and I already can't wait.

Marie

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #219 on: January 11, 2008, 08:55:58 pm »
**Spoilers**

Oh no... I didn't mean to imply that D was intentionally "behaving like a tease", but to me that was something of the effect of his decision to go to the house and make it obvious to Jack that he had been there, but deliberately leave before Jack arrived.  I do understand the intention was to connect with Jack on some level... but I still think that simultaneously, on another level it was sort of cruel.