Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101511 times)

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #900 on: October 06, 2014, 04:27:14 pm »

7) Most watched scene on repeat:  Kay's pursuit of Marc in the forest and all that....

Oh well, I confess, I watch that at least five times.

I really hate negative reviews of the film, too, because I feel like these people just don't get it.  I think most of the criticism is unwarranted and I become really suspect of those critics.

I agree, they just don't understand the movie.
Of course not everyone likes it, but a lot of the criticism seems unwarranted to me too.
A lot of complaints about the ending. Ok, a little better ending for Marc/Kai would have been nice, but it doesn't make the movie less good. The ending makes sense, it fits to the rest of the movie and is not really negative. After all it's Marc's story, at the end he left his family, he left the life that choked him. And from that point, anything is possible. Sometimes you have to loose everything to start all over.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #901 on: October 06, 2014, 04:37:23 pm »
OK so... who thinks Marc will eventually find Kay?

I think Marc will definitely find Kay.  But if he can't find him, I think Kay will find Marc because he misses him so much that he wants to give him another chance.  I think Kay loves Marc in a way that won't die.

Sigh.....

Either way, they will be back together.

I don't think Kai will try to find Marc. Kai made up his mind and left. He was done with it. And he thinks Marc is still with his family.
I don't think Marc will try to find Kai either, just maybe after a while. Everyone wonders why Marc didn't call Kai, I think Marc didn't want to call him. He knew Kai wanted commitment and I don't think Marc was ready for that.

But sometimes fate helps. I'm sure they will get back together again sooner or later.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #902 on: October 06, 2014, 06:10:16 pm »
I don't know...I don't like that answer :'(  In my mind, they are back together. I don't think Kay is over it like that.  They have to find each other, they just HAVE to. I won't listen. :(

The ending, I thought, was perfect.  I hated it in a way because I wanted them together but the end was one no one saw coming.  It was very triumphant for Marc.

Sorry you don't like my answer  :).
I don't mean Kai was over it, but he gave up hope when Marc returned the key. And he was done with being Marcs secret lover.
As far as Marc concerns, I'm a Dutch, sober-minded person and I try to think realistic. I know that situations like this are very complex. My belief is that people have to deal with their own sh*t first before they have something to offer to someone else. Marc left his family, and even if it was the best thing to do, it is a loss. After being with women all his life, he fel in love with a guy. Don't you think that Marc needs time to figure out what he wants from life? Who he is?
Someone wrote in a review: leaving his family was the best we could expect from Marc. Getting in a real relationship with Kai would have been too much and would have made it unrealistic. I agree with that.
Vincent posted some good comments about this subject.

But, also wrote that I do see them together. Just not immediately.

Offline altgerman

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #903 on: October 06, 2014, 11:05:17 pm »
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=da&u=http://politiken.dk/kultur/filmogtv/ECE2179033/free-fall-skuespiller-homoseksualitet-bliver-reduceret-til-ren-klich/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmax%2Briemelt%2Band%2Bhanno%2Bkoffle%2Binterviews%26start%3D50%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1C5CHFA_enUS605US605%26espv%3D2%26biw%3D1164%26bih%3D565
I'm not sure if you're able to get this link.  According to this interview with Max, many of the scenes were improvised on the set; his favorite one is the one when Kay & Marc were at the academy, Kay leaned over to help light up his own cigarette, and he gave that glance to Marc.  The whole scene was improvise.  That was so adorable!

I read from another interview that Max admitted that he didn't like the fact that his character was always the passive on in bed; he talked with the director, but then he also realized that his character was the more experienced one, whereas Marc was not; so Kay was giving Marc the authority to do what he wanted.    Actually I was also wondering about that in the movie as well.....

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #904 on: October 07, 2014, 08:07:58 am »
Great interview, thanks for posting it and in the translated version. 

But as far as Kay “always being the passive one in bed”, I don’t see it that way at all.  Maybe a little in the bed scene, and I like this "then he also realized that his character was the more experienced one, whereas Marc was not; so Kay was giving Marc the authority to do what he wanted" \......but the forest and club scene he was most definitely aggressive. 

Even the first kiss with the joint, Kay knew what he wanted and was going for it...planting the seed in Marc's mind...and with every meeting he got more and more insistent.  Compare the time he asked Marc for a light before they went in the pool, to the time he takes a cigarette out of Marc's pocket, grabs his hand and holds it as he lights it - classic come-on, and very sexual.
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline altgerman

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #905 on: October 07, 2014, 09:35:06 am »

Here's a look at his new movie translated, The Second Man.  Wonder when this will be released in U.S.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #906 on: October 07, 2014, 05:59:43 pm »
aawwww... I think you are right.  I am inserting too much of myself into this story. I would turn this world upside down looking for Kay and not stop until I found him if I were Marc.....but I am not Marc, of course.  

I just want them together and am willing to fight for them, probably more than they themselves are willing.  That's pretty sad. LOL

Ali, I just give my point of view. You are totally free to have your's.
After all, we want the same. Getting them back together.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #907 on: October 07, 2014, 06:05:22 pm »

Here's a look at his new movie translated, The Second Man.  Wonder when this will be released in U.S.

Thanks for the interview, very nice to know that they improvised so much.
I wish we could see all of it, all they tried.

Thanks for the trailer too, I haven't seen this before.
I did some research and it's a tv movie from 2012. The actrice is Dutch, just like me.
Maybe I will order the dvd from Germany.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #908 on: October 07, 2014, 06:07:22 pm »
:-\ That was really, really strange.   :o

Because...?

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #909 on: October 07, 2014, 08:00:59 pm »
maybe because Max is fucking a woman instead of Hanno......
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."