Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1100953 times)

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #410 on: May 14, 2014, 06:08:17 pm »
Good discussions today!

Good night  :)
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #411 on: May 14, 2014, 06:09:33 pm »
Do you think Marc was going to ever say I am gay and I love Kay?   It's  a long way from admitting to having an affair and another level of being to say I am gay   After all he'd already punched Kay and denied it at the car incident rage. Cheers V
How do you hide when you are running from yourself?

Offline morrobay

« Reply #412 on: May 14, 2014, 06:14:20 pm »
Well, when Gregor asks if something was going on between him & Kay, Marc says yes, which earns him a beating.  That's a pretty big step from punching Kay and denying everything. 

And what if it was only Kay?  Do you believe that could be true?  I have no frame of reference for that; I've only heard opinions that you can't be "gay" for 1 person........like Ennis was for Jack 

Offline morrobay

« Reply #413 on: May 14, 2014, 07:17:05 pm »
I don't think I've posted this one before, if I have, sorry for the duplicate

Offline morrobay

« Reply #414 on: May 15, 2014, 10:59:43 am »
It's in German, google translate did an ok job.

Prominenz in Niederaußem: Thomas Thieme, Götz George, Hannelore Elsner, Hanno Koffler, Hans-Martin Stier und Wilfried Hochholdinger (v.l.) drehten am Kraftwerk.  Foto: Dennis Vlaminck

http://www.ksta.de/bergheim/fernsehfilm-tv-stars-im-schatten-des-kraftwerks,15189172,27117692.html

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #415 on: May 15, 2014, 04:31:51 pm »
Do you think Marc was going to ever say I am gay and I love Kay?   It's  a long way from admitting to having an affair and another level of being to say I am gay   After all he'd already punched Kay and denied it at the car incident rage. Cheers V

We don't know if Marc is gay. I don't think so, he had a sexual relationship with Bettina and probably with other women before her. The only thing we really know he felt (strongly) attracted to Kay. Does that mean he is bi?
I don't know if he is ever going to say I am gay, I think Marc doesn't know yet what/who he is. And maybe that is not important and the only thing that counts is the one he loves, man or woman. Kay or eventually someone else. I agree with you that Marc is not ready for a relationship with Kay, but the end was a little hopeful (as I see it) and that's why a part two would be interesting.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #416 on: May 15, 2014, 04:34:00 pm »
I don't think I've posted this one before, if I have, sorry for the duplicate

I don't think you posted it before, but if you did...it's really no punishment to look at this twice. Beautiful picture.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #417 on: May 15, 2014, 04:46:26 pm »

And what if it was only Kay?  Do you believe that could be true?  I have no frame of reference for that; I've only heard opinions that you can't be "gay" for 1 person........like Ennis was for Jack 

Some time ago I met a woman who was married for years and mother of 3 children. She fell in love with another woman, divorced and lives together with that woman now. She said to me: It happened once before (atrraction to a woman) so I knew it could happen again.
For her it was not just attraction, both times she fell in love with a woman was real love. 2 Times the right person. And a lot of heterosexual affairs (before she married).

So....maybe it's something like that for Marc?

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #418 on: May 15, 2014, 04:59:23 pm »
I love the scene in the parking lot early in the movie.  There's so much sexual tension, and the looks between them - damn. 

Parking lot? I can't remember a parking lot. You mean the scene when Kay grabs Marcs hand to light the cigaret?

Question about that thene. When Kay walks away, what is Marc thinking?
And what was Marc thinking after the cigarette kiss when he touched his lips? He seems surprised but not negative surprised.

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #419 on: May 15, 2014, 09:50:59 pm »
We don't know if Marc is gay. I don't think so, he had a sexual relationship with Bettina and probably with other women before her. The only thing we really know he felt (strongly) attracted to Kay. Does that mean he is bi?
I don't know if he is ever going to say I am gay, I think Marc doesn't know yet what/who he is. And maybe that is not important and the only thing that counts is the one he loves, man or woman. Kay or eventually someone else. I agree with you that Marc is not ready for a relationship with Kay, but the end was a little hopeful (as I see it) and that's why a part two would be interesting.

You said it better than my feeble attempt.  I'll clarify..

We know from the roadside chase where Kay forces Marc off the road and confronts him, Marc rages "I am not gay. Got it?"  while punching Kay in full denial.  He also reinforces his sense of responsibility in this sequence with "I am a father now... Shall I just abandon them?"  This "not gay" is reinforced again during his locker room fight / encounter with Gregor, Marc never says he's gay, nor does he openly say / admit he had a relationship with Kay.  Watch it carefully.  He asks Gregor if he is Jealous.. after Gregor implies Marc and Kay "had something between you two..."  Yes,  Marc kissed Gregor to clearly provoke him but nothing more...  Marc grew a set..  Then when we see Marc next he's is in the club alone where he does a casual pickup, but realizes he cannot follow thru with casual sex with a stranger - not Kay.  Like Ennis's relationship with only Jack, Marc only appears attracted to Kay enough to have sex - no one else.  There's a big difference internally between accepting and saying "I am gay" and engaging someone implying there was a "something between you two.."   That's why I think Marc will not admit to being "gay" aka very similar to Ennis..    V.      
How do you hide when you are running from yourself?