Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101271 times)

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #540 on: May 25, 2014, 10:44:33 am »
Perfect.  She had not gotten there yet... but eventually does in the frank conversation she and Marc have later.  
That's something that most hetero people, usually due to religious dogma,  just cannot conceive, that sexuality is/can be fluid.  Most believe it's either / or, and for many that is true, they never even consider the alternative..  but there's always that range, depending on if you allow it to be..  V.

Do you mean the conversation they supposedly had, that we don't see?  

I think it would be a LONG time before Bettina would be able to talk about it.  I think she'll torture herself with thoughts of them having sex; of course, it will all be imagined, because she doesn't know how men have sex, what they do.  For a straight woman, it would just be so much to face, so much to learn and know, things she doesn't want to know about.  Besides the sex, which in itself would be pretty damn hard for her to accept, it may eventually dawn on her that Marc now feels emotionally for Kay what he used to feel for her. Totally unknown territory.  How can he feel for a man what he felt for me?

About either / or:  I find your statement interesting.  I see Ennis as a straight man who fell in love with Jack; and in fact, Heath (and maybe Jake) said that in interviews.  But that theory was shouted down in discussion forums as preposterous; perhaps it had to do with a gay agenda.  Proponents of that stance were taking Brokeback and running with it: finally a mainstream movie showing a gay relationship.  Ennis was gay.  Full stop.  As a straight woman, it might be that I'm romanticizing their relationship.  I see Ennis & Marc as straight guys who fell in love with one man.  As for their future, Ennis (IMO) never had another relationship with a man.  Marc's future is still open to it, but (again, the straight female romantic) I want him to be with Kay.
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #541 on: May 25, 2014, 10:50:02 am »
Attraction is a broad concept with many degrees (lausy translation I guess).

I think that says it perfectly.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #542 on: May 25, 2014, 10:59:49 am »
Any idea why BBM changed something for you?

Love is love.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #543 on: May 25, 2014, 12:14:38 pm »
People with more know-how than I are continuing to post gifs and pics for us to enjoy.  Found this as a gif on tumblr, but the pic is just as good.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #544 on: May 25, 2014, 12:15:09 pm »
That face.  Pure sex.  And my new avatar.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 02:57:56 pm by butlers_fantasy »

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #545 on: May 25, 2014, 12:22:58 pm »
Do you mean the conversation they supposedly had, that we don't see?  
About either / or:  I find your statement interesting.  I see Ennis as a straight man who fell in love with Jack; and in fact, Heath (and maybe Jake) said that in interviews.  But that theory was shouted down in discussion forums as preposterous; perhaps it had to do with a gay agenda.  Proponents of that stance were taking Brokeback and running with it: finally a mainstream movie showing a gay relationship.  Ennis was gay.  Full stop.  As a straight woman, it might be that I'm romanticizing their relationship.  I see Ennis & Marc as straight guys who fell in love with one man.  As for their future, Ennis (IMO) never had another relationship with a man.  Marc's future is still open to it, but (again, the straight female romantic) I want him to be with Kay.

But we do.  Right after Marc flees the club, he drives home emotionally a wreck to tears, uttering "Sh1t, sh1T...", next we cut to Marc approaching Bettina from behind while she's sitting on the deck, no doubt playing this in her mind.  Their conversation says it all.  Marc, "I cannot go on like this."  Bettina, "Me neither."  long pause, "Me neither"  It is very subtle but if you watch the camera focus it shifts: First on Marc with the "cannot go on.." then to Bettina with "Me neither..." and we get a really good look her realization and despair knowing she's lost Marc.  Then the camera shifts back and  refocuses on Marc before cutting to him entering the academy training room again.    Hmm, where did we see this before?  The "I wish I knew how scene in BBM?"

That's the conversation, both spoken, unspoken and the lack of any intimate eye contact - says what I'm leaning on.

Re:  I agree with you and I remember those heated debates too well.  Once one accepts sexuality is or can be fluid, it is quite possible for a "straight" guy to fall in love with another man.   It's when we box ourselves into this either/or that the "must be's" surface.   In both cases, with Marc, we are clearly shown that another guy is no substitute for Kay and with Ennis we learn from what he said and did there were no other's besides Jack.    V.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 03:13:24 pm by gattaca »
How do you hide when you are running from yourself?

Offline morrobay

« Reply #546 on: May 25, 2014, 02:16:37 pm »
I'm sure both gays are straight.

Where's Sigmund when you need him?  :laugh:

Offline morrobay

« Reply #547 on: May 25, 2014, 02:32:04 pm »
wish I could make this bigger.  Marc in lust.

ETA: mission accomplished

Offline morrobay

« Reply #548 on: May 25, 2014, 02:46:45 pm »
I generally find gifs annoying to see in a forum like this, so there are 4 gorgeous ones at this link, that make up the kiss in the rain.

http://onlymywishfulthinking.tumblr.com/post/86747525000/marc-kay-freier-fall-free-fall-2013-this-is

Offline gattaca

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #549 on: May 25, 2014, 03:25:55 pm »
I generally find gifs annoying to see in a forum like this, so there are 4 gorgeous ones at this link, that make up the kiss in the rain.
http://onlymywishfulthinking.tumblr.com/post/86747525000/marc-kay-freier-fall-free-fall-2013-this-is

Nice!  Thanks for posting. 

Now if you continue down a page or two on that very interesting site, to find this --> http://vimeo.com/54064452
Talk about eye contact... but sadly, we know H50 is not going to venture there.. ever.  Cheers, V.
How do you hide when you are running from yourself?