Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1100959 times)

Offline omhamdy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #800 on: September 04, 2014, 03:19:30 am »
poor kai  >:(
hospital scene he is so sweet and loving ,in the balcony scene marc was sooooo bad leaving him haret and go this way .
الكلام ما عدتش له لزمه السكوت احسن

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #801 on: September 04, 2014, 08:44:26 am »
I agree the raid was just for drugs. Kay wasn't caught doing anything illegal.
We know he was drunk but that's not illegal.
The big surprise was that he was gay.
The reason why I think he wanted people to know, is because I thinks it's logical.
He knew that the raid would be that night. He went to that bar exactly that night on purpose. So he knew he would be "caught".
The logical consequence of being caught, is that people will find out he is gay. So he wanted them to find out.

As I feel it and as I see Kai, it is something he would do. I think he wanted to provoke, which fits to Kai.
Watch his face the next morning in the classroom (the end of the scene). He look on this face was not devastated or ashamed, it seemed to me there was a kind of pride (like: that's how it is, take it or leave it).

Why he did it, we don't know and is open for interpretation.
How I feel it, it's hard to explain, he wanted to force or provoke something. He just couldn't let it happen: Marc dumping him and thinking now everything is normal again as if nothing happened. So Kai threw a bomb. He is just not the type you can dump nice and quietly. And...if it was his intention to get attention, he succeeded. Because a little while later Marc was sitting in his appartment.
Now I think of it, maybe this whole thing was only to get Marc's attention. (Remember his question at Marc: is this all you have to say?).

But...of course this is only my interpretation. I see Kai as someone who doesn't allow anyone to ignore him.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #802 on: September 04, 2014, 08:51:22 am »
As far as it goes for Marc in the hospital, I think if not as a conscience effort, then certainly subconsciously.  He knew his mom was just around the corner! But Kai just feels soo good!! It's like, "(expletive deleted) Kay is worth the risk."

Interesting point, I never thought of that.
You might be right about subconsciously wanting to get caught by his mom.
But I'm not as romantic as you I guess  :), I think Marc was egostic at that time and if he wanted to get caught, it could be because he couldn't live with the ly/cheat sitation anymore.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #803 on: September 04, 2014, 09:02:32 am »

and when kai is being haret by the other guy in his face, marc through the keys at him and go.

Yes that was so sad for Kai, but I think it was the only way for Marc to deal with it. As if he had to shield his emotions and make the goodbye quick and aloof. Otherwise he would collapse again.
Look at Marc's face after he had left the appartment.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #804 on: September 04, 2014, 11:35:30 am »
It occurred to me that Kai meant more behind his rhetorical aside to Marc asking if he'd ever heard of "infiltrating the system."  Eureka!  Not just a throw-away response by Kai, but a serious "mission" statement.  He is infiltrating the institutional system as a gay man.  At this point in the movie, you are thinking like Marc: he is just joking about it as him being a sort of rebel, flaunting some conventions and rules (light drug use, unauthorized use of the pool after hours, etc.).

Eureka! Great point.
I remember, when I watched the movie for the first time, I thought Kay's answer was kind of strange. If I have the definition of "infiltrating" right, it implies that he entered the system sort of "under false flag", as someone else then everybody thinks he is. That's different than just being a rebel, so I didn't understand why he used this word.
I think you are right about this. Eye opener.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #805 on: September 04, 2014, 06:14:49 pm »

Aside from making any statement about himself, his goal is a response from Marc.

Exactly.

And indeed, the scene in the back of the police vehicle was very sad for Kai. He was on his own.

I think that Marc really might be a little concerned that Kai would talk about their relationship too, but yes, I think his biggest concern was what Kai was doing in that club.
Marc's face when he said: what were you doing there? Are you f*cking others too?" sais it all.
His response, when Kai said he didn't sleep with others, said it all. The moment he collapsed.
So yes, I think that was haunting him.

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #806 on: September 04, 2014, 06:23:57 pm »
Always something to "unpack" in this film. It's like a gift that keeps on giving. 

Every time I think I have it all figured out, a new point of view makes me think about things again (and sometimes change my mind) or a new detail shows up that I overlooked.
Really great.

Offline omhamdy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #807 on: September 05, 2014, 10:08:29 am »
why is marc looking ar kai this way ,what does he want kai to say or do I always wonder?

Offline mariska

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #808 on: September 06, 2014, 03:52:33 pm »
Ok so, I'm a little bit of a freak here  :o but did anyone else think it was super sexy how Marc grabbed Bettina from behind in the room-painting scene and was forcible (in a good way) with her while attempting to give it to her from behind?  Here is why I thought it was hot:

Well, hello freak. You are at the right place here  :). Spoken about freaks: Butler and I discussed about 80 pages with now and then somebody else responding.
I have to think about your question. To me it was not sexy.
They said something about that scene in the German audio comments, I'll have to listen again. Will let you know.

And Marc is attractive, absolutely. (And Hanno is an amazing actor). But for me the hottest is Kai/Max  ::)

Offline omhamdy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #809 on: September 07, 2014, 06:24:42 am »
Well, hello freak. You are at the right place here  :). Spoken about freaks: Butler and I discussed about 80 pages with now and then somebody else responding.
I have to think about your question. To me it was not sexy.
They said something about that scene in the German audio comments, I'll have to listen again. Will let you know.

And Marc is attractive, absolutely. (And Hanno is an amazing actor). But for me the hottest is Kai/Max  ::)

I agree with you ,I think it wasn't sexy at all, I was afraid for har when he did that I was afraid she will get heart she is pregnant and he took drugs, but marc deserve to be boshed away. :(