Author Topic: Free Fall - Freier Fall  (Read 1101325 times)

Offline natty

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Re: Free Fall - Freier Fall
« Reply #1040 on: March 29, 2015, 10:49:18 am »

Offline superpop

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1041 on: April 07, 2015, 12:22:58 pm »
So I watched this film 2 days ago and then spent the better part of yesterday obsessing over it.  The ending of course drives me nuts and I hope this sequel gets made.

Just a few of my rambling thoughts on what I think a sequel to Freier Fall should be like....

I don't think Marc went after Kay after the first movie ended.  If he would have the first film could have been 2 minutes longer and ended with Kay opening the door to his new apartment and seeing Marc standing there after tracking him down.  What the film did show at the end was instead kind of a role reversal for Marc and how he was accepting himself and in a way becoming the new Kay.

For a sequel I see Kay as the main character this time and it's years later and he is now a Paramedic. I don't think he had it in him to keep getting transferred after the relentless homophobia he had endured. Kay is now also in a happy relationship with a man. (At least they both think that they are happy)

Marc now taking on Kay's old role transfers to a different department and runs into Kay....to both their surprise. They have a quick beer at a local bar and catch up and Marc flirts a little even though he knows Kay is in a relationship.  And from there Marc goes into predatory mode like Kay in the first film knowing that Kay won't be able to resist him.

Offline Lea

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1042 on: April 11, 2015, 03:22:02 pm »

Offline morrobay

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1043 on: April 12, 2015, 10:36:44 am »
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline Lea

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1044 on: April 12, 2015, 01:05:54 pm »
I have just found a quite new interview with Max Riemelt. At least one questions was about the planned sequel of Free Fall:

Currently there is a lot of advertising via facebook for a sequel, in case they get enough money by the crowdfunding.
MR: To be honest, I find that a bit difficult. The process has been started now. But up to now there is not even a script yet. Even though "Free Fall" was an important film for me I never accept [an offer for a role] blindly. Let's wait and see what the script is going to be and how the project develops.

Not much and quite restrained.

The interview is in German. Nevertheless, here's the link: http://www.morgenpost.de/kultur/berlin-kultur/article139431431/Der-Schauspieler-Max-Riemelt-sieht-sich-als-eher-faulen-Typ.html

Offline superpop

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1045 on: April 19, 2015, 01:12:46 am »
I have just found a quite new interview with Max Riemelt. At least one questions was about the planned sequel of Free Fall:

Currently there is a lot of advertising via facebook for a sequel, in case they get enough money by the crowdfunding.
MR: To be honest, I find that a bit difficult. The process has been started now. But up to now there is not even a script yet. Even though "Free Fall" was an important film for me I never accept [an offer for a role] blindly. Let's wait and see what the script is going to be and how the project develops.

Not much and quite restrained.

The interview is in German. Nevertheless, here's the link: http://www.morgenpost.de/kultur/berlin-kultur/article139431431/Der-Schauspieler-Max-Riemelt-sieht-sich-als-eher-faulen-Typ.html

I get what Max is saying and in all reality it's a smart thing to say in his situation. Of course he's not going to blindly accept a sequel without a script but at the same time there isn't going to be a script actually written unless the funding comes through. (Though I'm sure a detailed outline already exists)  I trust in Stephan Lacant completely and if the funding comes through I bet he will deliver a good script and Max will agree to reprise his role.

The thing that worries me is if enough money will actually be raised to fund a sequel in the first place.

Offline superpop

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1046 on: April 19, 2015, 01:19:01 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9OkeuPgoFI

THAT IS FUCKED UP CRAZY!   I was listening to "Animals" on my iPod yesterday and it made me think of Mark and Kay and who is really the predator and who is the prey!

Offline morrobay

« Reply #1047 on: April 19, 2015, 05:13:35 pm »
whoever did the video did a great job
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline morrobay

« Reply #1048 on: April 21, 2015, 07:30:41 pm »
Hanno is too stinkin cute...