Author Topic: The Walking Dead Thread!  (Read 138163 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
The Walking Dead Thread!
« on: August 18, 2014, 05:19:41 pm »

This is a thread to discuss the TV/comic series "The Walking Dead".

I'm sure the focus of this thread will be the TV series, as most of us don't read the comic series.

Discussion doesn't have to center around the current season, please feel free to discuss any season, from episode one to the last one aired.

If you want to discuss spoilers (or potential spoilers) you can feel free to do so, but please label them as such, so those who don't want to see them can quickly skip over them.  Or, change the color of your text to match the background, like this.

Highlight below for spoilers.

To get this color (azure 2), for the light blue fields, use this code:   [COLOR=#  deecec] text here [/ COLOR]

For the darker fields, use this color (Gray93 - #EBEBEA) [COLOR=#  ebebea] text here [/ COLOR]    

Of course, you leave out the spaces after the hashtags and backslash in my examples.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

Re: The Walking Dead Thread!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 05:26:11 pm »
Chuck, those are very solid clues. He got very close to Carol, and although I didn't think they would be a very plausible couple, it seemed possible, but it never happened. Same with Beth in that episode on the farm, as far as we know. And although it's always jut seemed like his abusive dad and brother were assholes, the very fact that that part of his background has been repeated a couple of times suggests there may be more to the story.

On Vulture, somebody commented something about how straight women across America would all be upset. My response was, why, did we all want to hook up with him? Daryl is cute and has always been my favorite character but, gay or not, I would have zero chance with a fictional character.

Well, you know how some fangirls and fanboys can be.  LOL  They become very connected to the characterization in their heads, so changes from that can cause......anger.  :laugh:

I'd like to think that some gay people survived the zombie apocalypse!  LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 08:56:45 am »
I'd like to think that some gay people survived the zombie apocalypse!  LOL

Which begs the question of whether there are any gay zombies.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 11:06:03 am »

Undoubtedly gay people become zombies, but you wouldn't be able to tell a gay zombie from a straight zombie because neither one is sexually attracted to anyone. They'll readily eat people of either gender.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 07:20:20 pm »

I've tried to explain to people who don't watch the show that sometimes the zombies become secondary to what's going on, but they don't buy it.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 10:16:23 pm »
By the way, Chuck, I'm particularly glad you started this thread because I have always watched The Walking Dead with my son. It's pretty much the only reason I've watched it, for sure at least at the beginning -- because he watched it and I wanted to spend time with him, watching TV.

Now he's going off to college. Of course my first thought was, what about The Walking Dead? (Ha ha -- not quite my first thought but I have actually thought it.) Will I continue to watch a show I don't quite actually love, but watch primarily because of my son, who's no longer in the picture? Might it possibly even make me sad to watch it with him not around? Or will I continue to watch it alone, because at this point I'm invested enough in the characters to stick with it?

The answer to the last is yes, I think, especially if we're discussing it here. It will give me a sense of purpose to go on watching The Walking Dead knowing I can come here and comment (warning, sometimes snarkily!) about the most recent episode.

But I'll say it now, as I've said a number of times before: If Daryl goes, I'm probably out, myself. However, I think so many fans think this way that the writers would be crazy to let anything happen to Daryl.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 12:12:19 am »
The writers have said that 'anyone' is fair game in this show, but I doubt that.

I can't see Rick getting killed any time soon, or his son Carl.  I also believe both Daryl and Michonne are safe.

Anyone else is up for grabs.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 05:30:31 pm »
Now he's going off to college. Of course my first thought was, what about The Walking Dead? (Ha ha -- not quite my first thought but I have actually thought it.) Will I continue to watch a show I don't quite actually love, but watch primarily because of my son, who's no longer in the picture? Might it possibly even make me sad to watch it with him not around? Or will I continue to watch it alone, because at this point I'm invested enough in the characters to stick with it?

The answer to the last is yes, I think, especially if we're discussing it here. It will give me a sense of purpose to go on watching The Walking Dead knowing I can come here and comment (warning, sometimes snarkily!) about the most recent episode.

But I'll say it now, as I've said a number of times before: If Daryl goes, I'm probably out, myself. However, I think so many fans think this way that the writers would be crazy to let anything happen to Daryl.

Looking forward to your discussions on the show, whether we agree or not.....and snark is fine by me.  LOL

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 12:10:53 am »
See you on Oct. 12!  :D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 12:56:55 pm »