Author Topic: del Mar Painting by b73  (Read 127631 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: del Mar Painting by b73
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2007, 09:31:33 am »
and there are fics that nail me to the wall...

Yeah Roux, I'm so with you on this one.

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2007, 10:01:03 am »
Del Mar Painting was one of my favourites too. I'm so glad that Maggie muse for this tale stuck around for so long.

Happy Jack and Ennis - yay!

Karen

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2007, 10:38:35 am »
Sigh.

I'm on chapter 21-savoring this story like the last chocolate truffle in the box.
There are fics that I absolutely love and there are fics that nail me to the wall...

O0

I'm so so jealous... I wish I was reading it for the first time! (or had the time to re read it, which I plan on doing very very soon!!(
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2007, 02:14:18 pm »
YAY folks!! Maggie updated again! 'Little Boy Blue'

***SPOILERS***

I just read it and thought it was sweet perfection   :)

This I loved, it's so true and so Ennis:

Anyways, as I was sayin’. Should see him out on the farm, dealin’ with customer, even the bratty little kids: he so mellow, so calm, so--well, manly, if I do say so myself; such a stalwart cowboy ‘n all, just like somebody outta a Western or somethin’, seem to me like the men bow down the women swoon ‘n the kids fall back with awe when he ‘round.

And then this, so beautiful:

But the thing I think them customer would really be unable to picture is that same Marlboro holdin’ his boy in his arms ‘n whisperin’ things to him not even Romeo say to Juliet, then kissin’ that boy’s face like he a angel ‘fore lovin’ him so deep boy feel like he die ‘n gone to heaven.

Still waters do run deep ‘n true.

My Marlboro Man, my Daddy—my Ennis.   

Haha, I LOL at Scooter being like that during labor  ;D   

But what hit me the most is the way Ennis was affected by little Buddha   :) sweet little Jackie  :)  It made me cry too, it was SO loving and special.

He hold the kid like he been ‘round children all his life; ‘n he close his eyes ‘n sorta touch his forehead to the baby’s, whisperin’ to it like he tellin’ it somethin’, ‘n somethin’ ‘bout it make me feel like I wanta cry.

Kid don’t fuss in Ennis’s arms; ‘n like he seem to open his eyes at Ennis, ‘n it like they seein’ each other, ‘n knowin’ somethin’ that me ‘n Scoots left out on.

At last, like in a daze Ennis give the child back to its momma

I'm SO glad they still get to have their day off together  :)  And the ending was just sheer perfection  :)  Absolutely beautiful   :)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2007, 04:39:07 pm »
This story just stupifies me. To think I almost by-passed it...

I want to write Maggie a love letter because I know she got dragged through the mud on this one (as if anyone's story has no elements from other fics-good grief!). I think she needs a-piece-o'-cherry cake.

Heathen

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2007, 04:40:08 pm »
I just read it *happy sigh* Maggie never fails to wreck me... I go through every emotion possible with every single one of Maggie's chapters.

Did this make anyone else want painter Jack and daddy Ennis to raise a little one???? Ok, maybe I'm insane, but they both just seemed so sweet holding Crackerjacks Jr.!  ::)
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2007, 04:40:57 pm »
This story just stupifies me. To think I almost by-passed it...

I want to write Maggie a love letter because I know she got dragged through the mud on this one (as if anyone's story has no elements from other fics-good grief!). I think she needs a-piece-o'-cherry cake.

god me too, roux.... we should write her a thank you letter  :)

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2007, 05:08:22 pm »
I just read it *happy sigh* Maggie never fails to wreck me... I go through every emotion possible with every single one of Maggie's chapters.

Did this make anyone else want painter Jack and daddy Ennis to raise a little one???? Ok, maybe I'm insane, but they both just seemed so sweet holding Crackerjacks Jr.!  ::)

Yeah me. Both of them holding little Jacky, especially Ennis made me melt and sob. I'd love it  :) Lots  :)

one_of_one

« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2007, 05:22:32 pm »
Yeah me. Both of them holding little Jacky, especially Ennis made me melt and sob. I'd love it  :) Lots  :)

*runs away screaming*

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2007, 05:29:08 pm »

*runs away screaming*

Hadn't expected any other reply from you H!!!

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D