Author Topic: The Rewind Button: My Best Friend and Worst Enemy  (Read 3193 times)

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
The Rewind Button: My Best Friend and Worst Enemy
« on: April 07, 2006, 11:52:19 pm »
I've seen it 20 times in the theatre, as recently as Tuesday.   I've watched clips on my computer ad nauseum.  Yet it has taken me the past two nights to get through viewing it in its entirety on DVD, because I keep watching select scenes OVER AND OVER!!!!!  I think it took me 4 hours over two days to watch the whole film.  I'm exhausted.  And I still haven't watched the extras!

I will say though, by the time I finally finished it tonight, that I am appreciating the DVD more and more.  I was real lucky to get a clear, bright copy.  The close-ups are beautiful.  I miss seeing details like their facial expressions in shots that are pulled back, though.  But I'm also amazed that I'm still noticing things I never noticed before!

Can you imagine if this movie came out before home video?  What would we have done?  Our only option to see it again would be to catch it on network TV?  I would have died.
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

vkm91941

Re: The Rewind Button: My Best Friend and Worst Enemy
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 11:55:57 pm »
Can you imagine if this movie came out before home video?  What would we have done?  Our only option to see it again would be to catch it on network TV?  I would have died.

You and me BOTH!!!..... and remember those days...when we had to wait a whole YEAR or more for it to show up on Network TV and then it was edited for Time and CONTENT....stupid commercials every 15 minutes !....we wouldn't have even recognized it anymore!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 12:07:52 am »
Darlings, if BBM had come out before video, it would never have been shown on publicTV.

MAYbe cable.  Maybe.

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 12:26:12 am »
Darlings, if BBM had come out before video, it would never have been shown on publicTV.

MAYbe cable.  Maybe.

You're right!  Even WORSE.
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline David

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 08:43:00 am »
 Very true.   I can't even watch live TV anymore.   I'm so spoiled with my RePlay TV digital recorder.   I record everything now so I can skip past the commercials, even if I am home at the time!   LOL

Can you imagine BBM with commercials?   

BBM is sponsored by:

Coleman camping equipment. "Whether you bring home the fish or not."

GMC Trucks.  "Professional Grade Trucks,  8th Grade drivers"

Wrangler shirts. "On your backs and in your closets forever"

Maxwell house coffee.  "Loved everywhere, even Texas"

Crayola Crayons.  "Keeping children happy for generations while their parents fight".

Trojan Condoms   "If you can't support them,  we'll support you!"

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2006, 08:57:40 am »
David, you f***ing RULE.  I just laughed so hard, I almost choked on my Maxwell House coffee and fell over my son's Crayola crayons. 
No more beans!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2006, 10:15:33 am »
David, those are HILARIOUS.  ;D ;D ;D I wish I could think of some, but I haven't had enough Maxwell House coffee yet.

Offline David

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2006, 10:19:48 am »
Glad you liked them.   I'll move them to a new post of it's own.   This way I won't highjack this thread!   LOL.

David