Author Topic: No more Gay Bashing in 2007+  (Read 132506 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: No more Gay Bashing in 2007+
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2008, 07:57:31 pm »
Thanks Br. Partrick!

You are wonderful having thought of moi, yes of that for me!!

Oui, oui, indeed my logo is First Nation as imagery!! (not Indian, since the First Nations in North America did not come from India!!)

Glad that you use that imagery!! No more gay bashing of First Nation gay men is desired too! Right?

Hugs!!

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2008, 09:03:26 am »
Thanks Br. Partrick!

No more gay bashing of First Nation gay men is desired too! Right?

Hugs!!

RIGHT!

{{{Cyberhugs}}} and sorry for my ancestors who Occupied Your land.

br. p
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2008, 12:58:56 pm »
<a href="http://" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://</a>Thanks Br. Patrick!!

There were some bad persons in the past who murdered needlessly many First Nations in America!! Some even did for the fun of it!! Some unfortunately still do!! Even to-day lip service or occupying such lands is a given in the USA, Canada, and Mexico!! Genocide too continues!! Have you seen recently December 30th on History channel the film: Windtalkers? Windtalkers saved even US whole platoons at times or so!!

In that movie based on facts, the First Nation (as Windtalkers) saved many American soldiers lives in the First, Second, and others wars and yet the US Army and Governments did not accept them with medals... later on only with certificates in the 80's and only lately Bush II with congretional recongnition!! Shame on the USA!! Shame on Canada... Since many had no army pensions or are now dead!!

There were many strangers (Europeans and others, plus American or Canadian borns too) who got along with First Nations... too!! Many First Nations did too get along very well with some foreigners and others!! French-Canadiens born, for instance, did very well with many First Nations... saving some; and, many First Nation saved them too!!

Some First Nations accepted gay men!! So, I feel that many such gay men were murdered because it was not an orient nor european way of life to accept gay men!!

I remember one man who was USA born, and who had been a soldier in the USA forces on a boat. After doing his years (his time) in the American forces, he and I wrote each other letters, and then he visited me often. And he became to live on the street. While I took him in for months, I was told later on by him that he had a right to his american soldier pension, which he applied for... but the US government gave him trouble for that since they asked for proof. He showed me his discharged paper from the US army (navy) which copy he had sent them. He bewildered as to why that was not proof! I wondered too! Now, he has deceased... he had been living on the street!! I wonder now if that was so questioned by the US governement because he was a gay man?? !!

Gash bashing takes many forms?? Let us all decent men fighting against such atrocities!! How?

Is talking and writing real stories one way to pursue for justice and feedom??
Hugs!!

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2008, 03:47:49 pm »
Thanks Br. Patrick!!

There were many strangers (Europeans and others, plus American or Canadian borns too) who got along with First Nations... too!! Many First Nations did too get along very well with some foreigners and others!! French-Canadiens born, for instance, did very well with many First Nations... saving some; and, many First Nation saved them too!!
Gash bashing takes many forms?? Let us all decent men fighting against such atrocities!! How?

Hugs!!

My Great-Great-Great Grandfather came from Ireland with his 12 year old son, Jeremiah, and landed in Quebec, I've been told.   He quickly died of Cholera which was rampant at that port in 1832.  His son, my Great-Great Grandfather travelled everywhere, working as a Steamship porter on the Mississippi and then after marrying, made two trips to the California Gold Rush.  Gay people run on both sides of my family as far back as I can trace them.   There was always the single son or daughter who chose not to marry and it shows up in the Census records.  My Great Grandfather John built a house on his property for his beloved daughter Ruth.   She is buried right next to him.  I am sure she was gay, there are PICTURES!  It still continues in all of my cousins to this day.  I have no information of how he treated First Nations but from what his obituary said, he was well loved and left what is still the largest single family in Lake County Illinois.

How do we fight?

For me, the first would be with prayer and I would join any local demonstration for Gay Rights AND we've got BETTERMOST~!

NO MORE HATE IN 2008!

{{{Cyberhugs my First Nations friend}}}

br. p

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2008, 03:53:37 pm »
I spy...

My Friend, Brother Patrick - see you by the campfire for a few minutes??
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2008, 04:17:58 pm »
I spy...

My Friend, Brother Patrick - see you by the campfire for a few minutes??

That was a good one.   Short, but real good.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2008, 04:17:14 pm »
         I found another little treasure I think you will like... enjoy.....
[youtube=425,350] 
&feature=related        [/youtube]

[youtube=425,350] 
&feature=related  [/youtube]

Its a Rufus cover of another Leonard Cohen song with a little preamble..[youtube=425,350][/youtube]
                                               t hen the song by cohen  because i know you like him too.

I love it..its like some wonderful wine, with a lot of different layers and flavors...its yummy

Beautiful mind

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2008, 04:51:02 pm »
         I found another little treasure I think you will like... enjoy..... Its a Rufus cover of another Leonard Cohen song with a little preamble..
                                               then the song by cohen  because i know you like him too.

I love it..its like some wonderful wine, with a lot of different layers and flavors...its yummy

Janice~!

"I love it..its like some wonderful wine, with a lot of different layers and flavors...its yummy.."    That sounds like YOU~!

{{{{{{{{Cyberghugs}}}}}}}  :-*

br. p

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2008, 05:23:58 pm »

You are so sweet.  did you like it?   The Chelsea Hotel on the Menu of the first one is great too...

Beautiful mind

Offline Br. Patrick

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2008, 05:43:27 pm »
    You are so sweet.  did you like it?

Rufus & Leonard are fabulous~!  Of course I enjoyed it.  But,  I think you are fabulous as well~!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{
           Cyberhugs
}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

br. p