Author Topic: Press Play & Repeat Over & Over Again  (Read 6647 times)

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
Press Play & Repeat Over & Over Again
« on: January 09, 2007, 11:57:48 am »
Like to see guys in the movies kiss?

http://www.dailymotion.com/paradixman/video/xfln9_kiss-men1

****disclaimer*****
Some of you are aware of how much I dislike "Queer As Folk", so I skip pass the opening sequence.  Beyond that, it's quite lovely.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 12:40:16 pm by Flashframe777 »
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
Re: Press Play & Repeat Over & Over Again
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 12:56:28 pm »
 :) they could not do a video of men kissing without putting in Jack and Ennis - and they did at least a few times
thanks for sharing ;D
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 05:45:54 pm »
Geez!    I need to go rent more gay themed movies!

I recognized Maurice, Jeffrey, Love Valor compassion, In and Out.....  thats about it.    LOL.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
    • BetterMost
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 01:28:57 pm »

Some of you are aware of how much I dislike "Queer As Folk", so I skip pass the opening sequence.  Beyond that, it's quite lovely.

I'm with you.  I've never warmed up to Queer as Folk mostly because I spent my life running away from ever being a part of the fast lane bar scene.  I made it a goal in my life to become a typical suburban guy with a significant other when I was 17 years old and I met John when I was 19 and we celebrated 20 years together yesterday.  I have never been to a gay club or bar in my life (I don't drink anyway so I fail to see the joy in buying a $5 diet cola).  QaF is a completely foreign concept to me, and from all of the friends I've had who have gone through that kind of lifestyle, they end up coming to me for advice about how to get over the latest drama in their life and find some stability and happiness.  On the flip side, Sex and the City (or is it In The City) doesn't interest me for the same basic reasons.

A whole ton of gay cinema (especially the more modern stuff) doesn't appeal to me for celebrating this side of gay culture, which I've never found very appealing or interesting.  I recall having doubts about seeing Brokeback Mountain when I first heard about it, fearing it would turn into another movie that just wouldn't speak to me.  But it certainly did, of course.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 05:17:53 pm »
I have no problem with gay culture.  But bad writing, directing and acting is a sin...especially if you're gay.

***for some reason when I watched this the first time, the download combined a whole sequence of QAF from another clip with the separate download of Men Kiss Men...hence the QaF apology.

"All Over The Guy" is one of my favorite Mushy Gay Films where the boy gets the boy in the end.  Andrea (from SCTV) is HYSTERICAL as his 60s/Experimental Psychologist mother!  I roll on the floor laughing from her scenes.  Doris Roberts (EBLovesRaymond) is funny as the foul-mouthed receptionist.

"Borstal Boy" with that supafine Shawn Hatosy (who is in the new Justin Tiimberlake movie) is a nice, sweet, slice of life almost gay film that I enjoyed.  I was once on a flight to Austin seated next to him....sigh!

"Maurice" has lots of steamy shots of the Ruperts (Rupert Graves. Rupert Everett, and an old bud Rupert Wainwright). It was back in the day when I didn't dislike Hugh Grant as an actor. 

"Testosterone" has sexy naked scenes of Antonio Sabato, Jr. (knew him when he had lots of bodyfat).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 05:37:35 pm by Flashframe777 »
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 01:38:11 am »
I still can't get over that Queer as Folk is supposed to take place in Pittsburgh of all places...  Let me tell you, the scene here is no where near that fast or exciting (??  if that's the right word to use).
 ::)

Both Queer as Folk and the L Word definitely have their problems as far as content (etc.), but I still find it fun to watch them sometimes.  I take it all with a grain of salt... and as a bit of lighthearted fun (like any soap opera really).
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 01:53:46 am »
Nice vid.  I too took down a list of movies I need to be renting soon.  8)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 02:10:23 am »
I recognized Jeffrey, Cabaret, BBM, In and Out, Talented Mr. Ripley and one or two more, but that's it.  Did I see Michael Caine kiss Christopher Reeve?  That was a surprise.  What is that from?  What was the one of the two men ballroom dancing?  What was the one with the very young Michael York (not Cabaret)?

Thanks Flash.  Always good to see you.

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 09:27:22 am »
 :) the movie with Christopher Reeve is "Deathtrap" which was great, especially the writing - very clever :D
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 02:03:32 pm »
"Deathtrap" is a great film.  Lots of twists and turns.  The kiss comes as a big surprise in the film (no longer a surprise now  :)).

It was originally a play.  I once saw the play version in Nantucket.  When the two actors kissed, many of the men in the audience let out a loud groan of nausea.  Live actors, small theatre.  Too close for comfort for some.  No one walked out, however.

Still a mystery:  the ballroom scene, and the young Michael York.  Anyone?