Author Topic: Happy Birthday to j.U.d.E  (Read 20461 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Happy Birthday to j.U.d.E
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2007, 05:41:07 pm »

Milli, during the watercolour workshops we do use and mix watercolour with acrylic and crayon some time. I like acrylic too, but I think I’ve discovered my love for watercolour. What are you painting?

Sorry Jude, I only just saw this ..   :)
I posted some of my paintings on my blog but here are two, for instance ..
(part of a collection I call: African Lilies .. )  ;)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2007, 09:10:22 pm »
Of course of course of course!! Milli, I've seen your work before of course! On another thread, but I don't remember which one and I had forgotten who the author was. I like them a lot! I like the faces! The colours you use. Very beautiful indeed!

Clarissa, thank you for the tip! I hadn't heard of craigslist but I checked and I clicked on 'Belgium' and there are flats to rent, buy etc. among other things. I have bookmarked the site and will use it when it will become necessary... ..

I like your added 11th line in Smart's poem! Pets are adorable beings and it's nice to know that a lot of people treat them well. Even though the opposite is true too, sadly enough.

At night, I go walk my cats. Really! They follow me through the front door and then around my building. It's a 7-minute walk or so, but still they seem to enjoy it a lot, even when it's freezing cold outside, like tonight. I've met people a couple of time. An elderly man asked me if I was walking my dog and I said, err, no.. and pointed at Brokie.. Another time they wouldn't come back inside with me (they always take their time, but eventually follow me back inside) and this neighbour came along. I told him I was walking my cats and that they wouldn't come back inside. The man actually tried to catch Brokie and Sayif to help me get them back into the apartment. Needless to say, neither Brokie nor Sayif let themselves be caught by a stranger!  :laugh: He gave up after a while, when I had convinced him, that they could always go around to the back of the building, up the little wall, through my garden and the cat flap back inside. ..  :D

Scott, you are so right about the connection. It's been almost a year now for me at BM and the last 9 months or so, I haven't posted much. Ever since I got the DVD in the spring last year, I haven't watched BBM again(!). Still, I never completely abandoned BetterMost, so because of my Birthday and Kelda's post I started posting a bit more often again and actually only now found out about the BBM Radio. Well, not 'found out' but finally clicked on the icon... And I was listening to one of the many beautiful songs, whilst reading your poem, whilst taking that picture and I felt so 'at home' that evening...  :) And when you say 'bits of you are floating around all over the world, affecting people's lives', that gives me goose-bumps.. Rufus Wainwright is singing right now (The Maker Makes) and before BBM I had never heard of him and since then, I've seen him live on stage and discovered him as an actor in 'Heights' recently. Had no idea he was in that movie. What a great surprise! It's like a circle or the 'six-degree-separation' thing (which I was reading about, only because I was investigating on Stanley Milgram - a psychologist, who maybe knew of Christopher Smart's condition.. They both died quite young at almost the same age.) - it's all connected - we are all connected somehow, in ways we wouldn't think would be possible. It's a nice feeling..

j. U. d. E. - it's quite late here, so pardon my bad syntax! I did a spell check, but more I can't do at this time of night..  ;)

The oven is NOT on! ::) I was getting ready to turn it on, when Brokie jumped inside!
I had just enough time to take out the tray that I was planning on using..

« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 09:42:23 pm by j. U. d. E. »
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2008, 10:39:31 am »
And now it's time to revive this lovely thread and wish a very happy birthday to our song-suggesting, art-appreciating, kitty-loving Eurobrokie friend j.U.d.E.!! Have a great day, and don't forget to check in here and collect your cherry cake and very best wishes from us!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2008, 10:55:12 am »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDE

The Brokie with the gorgeous kitties....         have a wonderful day...

You ready down there, to sing...?   .happy birthday to you..............humm

Beautiful mind

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2008, 01:33:33 pm »
Hey Jude,

haven't seen you in a while. Hope all is well.

At last, I have the opportunity to offer a German birthday song :D

*räusper*

Heute kann es regnen, stürmen oder schnein,
denn du stahlst ja selber wie der Sonnenschein.
Heut ist dein Geburtststag,
darum feiern wir.
Alle deine Freunde freuen sich mit dir
alle deine Freunde freuen sich mit dir.

Wie schön, daß du
geboren bist.
Wir hätten dich
sonst sehr vermißt.
Wie schön, daß wir
beisammen sind.
Wir gratulieren dir Geburtstagskind!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2008, 03:06:36 pm »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY j.U.d.E!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2008, 03:49:00 pm »
Have a greta day Jude - hope the kitties are good to you today!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2008, 08:47:30 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDE!!!!

I miss you around here!! I always enjoyed posting with you. I hope you have a wonderful birthday!! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2008, 11:03:54 pm »

Hope you have a great celebration j.U.d.E!!!

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2008, 02:15:41 am »
Happiest of Happy Birthdays J.U.D.E.

Heathen