Author Topic: Trouble in Paradise?  (Read 7974 times)

mvansand76

Re: Trouble in Paradise?
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 05:19:39 pm »
I think it is a bunch of hogwash, myself. There was a similar article about them breaking up and the very next day, the wedding ring photos surfaced. IMO, I think they are together for the long haul.

I have hig hopes for them too. There has to be one Hollywood couple that is gonna make it together, and this is the one couple that I think and hope will make it. You're never sure though, but I hate it how the press keeps making things up and speculating. How frustrating must that be for them?

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 09:17:37 pm »
I have hig hopes for them too. There has to be one Hollywood couple that is gonna make it together, and this is the one couple that I think and hope will make it. You're never sure though, but I hate it how the press keeps making things up and speculating. How frustrating must that be for them?

Well, Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward have made it, haven't they? They've been married since 1958. Boy. I wasn't even born!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 09:23:47 pm »
Well, Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward have made it, haven't they? They've been married since 1958. Boy. I wasn't even born!

That's true. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell have been together since 1982, as have Jessica Lange and Sam Shepard...both couples celebrating 25 year anniversaries this year. I look forward to raising a glass for Heath and Michelle on their 25th (which will be 2030 by my calculations, and I don't want to say how old I will be! LOL)

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 11:07:07 pm »
That's true. Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell have been together since 1982, as have Jessica Lange and Sam Shepard...both couples celebrating 25 year anniversaries this year. I look forward to raising a glass for Heath and Michelle on their 25th (which will be 2030 by my calculations, and I don't want to say how old I will be! LOL)

Oh, I'm sure that will be wine in your glass and not prune juice, Leslie!   ;)

Who else has been around a long time? I was going to say Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson, but I just looked them up and found they've only been together since 1988 -- less than 20 years. But I know there are a few other longtimers.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 03:40:34 am »
But I know there are a few other longtimers.

Alan Alda is married to Arlene Alda since March 1957.

As for Heath and Michelle, I agree with Katherine:
But I don't believe anything I read anywhere about what goes on inside someone's marriage unless it's a direct quote from one of the spouses

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 02:19:30 pm »
Alan Alda is married to Arlene Alda since March 1957.

Wow, that's (slightly) longer than I've been alive. I didn't even know he was that old!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 04:36:47 pm »
Wow, that's (slightly) longer than I've been alive. I didn't even know he was that old!

He is  :laugh:. I looked it up on imdb. He was born in 1936. He was only 21 when they married  :o. How many times did the press foresee the end of their marriage?
There's a cute pic of the two on imdb, but I can't copy it. Here's the link:
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/3162/Events/3162/ArleneAlda_Kambo_5162098_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Alda,%20Alan

Last year, when I saw him at the Oscars, I was astonished by him twice. First I thought 'Oh my. He is a really old man now.' The second time was when he laughed. I thought 'Oh my god. He still looks like Hawkeye.'

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 05:05:13 pm »
Last year, when I saw him at the Oscars, I was astonished by him twice. First I thought 'Oh my. He is a really old man now.' The second time was when he laughed. I thought 'Oh my god. He still looks like Hawkeye.'

Right on both counts, Chrissi!  :laugh:

His wife looks refreshingly like a regular woman and not a "Hollywood wife."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2007, 03:04:18 am »
Here are some long Hollywood marriages:

Meryl Streep & Don Gummer since September 15, 1978
Raymond Burr & Robert Benevides for 35 years, til Raymond's death
Anne Bancroft & Mel Brooks, for 41 years, til Anne's death
Jane Wyatt & Edgar for 65 years, til Edgar's death

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2007, 03:08:28 am »
And I bet none of them ever had a fight ::)

O0

Heathen