Author Topic: OT:Awww how sweet is Heath?  (Read 4687 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
OT:Awww how sweet is Heath?
« on: April 19, 2006, 01:28:28 pm »
Now as most of you will know I am a Jake woman myself, but when I read this I found it so sweet. I knew he was staying home to look after Matilda to let Michelle work(which I thought was so sweet anyway) but I never knew that he was willing to give up work and promotion for his family...Awww how sweet! ;D I have used the word sweet so much in this paragraph, I think I will use it a few more times to make it even: sweet, sweet, sweet and one more; sweet! ::)

Got this from contact music:

LEDGER SNUBS PREMIERE TO LOOK AFTER MATILDA

HEATH LEDGER has snubbed the Sydney premiere of CANDY, the first Australian film he's made in four years, because he will be looking after baby daughter MATILDA in the absence of girlfriend MICHELLE WILLIAMS. BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN star Ledger will be in Brooklyn, New York City, caring for the tot, who was born last year (05), while his co-star onscreen and at home is away filming her latest project. A spokesperson for Dendy films - the distributor of Candy - says, "We've been told he will not be attending due to commitments in the US. "It is disappointing that Heath is not coming, but he's never wavered in his support for this film. "He is committed to promoting Candy and will be conducting all press interviews for the film via satellite and the phone." Ledger has a tempestuous relationship with the media and paparazzi in his home country, and this latest no-show, after selling his Sydney home, is thought by some to signal his intent to stay away from Australia.

I am sorry if this has already been posted, but I will post it again for all the people that haven't seen.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 01:35:21 pm by Becky »
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: OT:Awww how sweet is Heath?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 01:37:27 pm »
I'm sure Michelle must be in the middle of some project.  Otherwise I'd bet she'd watch Matilda for a day or two so Heath could zip over and make an appearance for that film.   

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 01:43:30 pm »
 :) they are such a devoted couple and cute too - Matilda is one lucky little girl to have such a hands-on dad.............
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 02:21:55 pm »
Michelle is a lucky sonofa...
Well, nuff said  ;D

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 02:48:17 pm »
They were spotted together at the Broadway opening of "Awake and Sing" on Monday night, so she must be  leaving only now for her movie.  Btw, Jake has been spotted here and there in the city this week, too, and Heath was on Spring Street the same day Jake was seen at 14th and Hudson (not far from our Brokie Brunch restaurant!).  :D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 02:57:52 pm »
They were spotted together at the Broadway opening of "Awake and Sing" on Monday night, so she must be  leaving only now for her movie.  Btw, Jake has been spotted here and there in the city this week, too, and Heath was on Spring Street the same day Jake was seen at 14th and Hudson (not far from our Brokie Brunch restaurant!).  :D

Well, that just settles it, Meryl. In addition to brunch, and Western belt-buckle shopping, and shopping at The Leatherman, I'm just going to have to swing by 14th and Hudson and stand on all four corners of the intersection so that I can hope I actually stood on the very spot where Jake stood. ...

Ol' Jack Twist got me bad. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 04:02:40 pm »
Heath had to quit Australia-the press were mean to him and made him cry. He sold his home there and vowed never to return.

O0

Heathen

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 10:57:11 pm »
michelle got cast in woody allens next movie.  i bet that's what she's working on..
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 11:00:49 pm »
I thought she was doing the little part in Ethan Hawke's movie....She said that was shooting here this spring, or somewhere this spring.

PMed you littledarlin.

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2006, 01:31:21 am »

Meryl, how do you come by this info?  if they ever come to Seattle, give me a nudge, would you?