Author Topic: For the gals: An open letter to Procter & Gamble  (Read 8111 times)

mvansand76

Re: For the gals: An open letter to Procter & Gamble
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 03:11:00 pm »
That was funny, Barb!  :laugh:

On a more serious note, while we're on the subject of feminine hygiene products, I'd like to recommend a product that I first tried five or six years ago and now recommend to all of the (pre-menopausal) women I know. It has made my life SO much easier ...

http://www.mooncupsandkeepers.com/

When first using The Moon Cup / KEEPER™ menstrual cup, you may be slightly aware of its presence. After you use it for a few periods, you will find – as thousands of other women have found – that you "wouldn't know how to live without it!"

Well, that comes awfully close to saying "Have a Happy Period...."  :-\

:laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 03:15:16 pm »
It was David's vagina that led him here.  ::)

:laugh:  :laugh:

>:(  >:(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2007, 05:54:57 pm »
Katherine
Are you serious?  Are they for real?  OMG! LMAO!

Well, that comes awfully close to saying "Have a Happy Period...."  :-\

Geri, yes I'm serious! And Melissa, "happy" probably wouldn't be the first word I'd use. But vastly improved, for sure.  :D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 06:23:38 pm »
I've seen these - they are real.

boys.. don't read further!!!!

Meant to be very good - partic if you are travelling. and its cheaper and environmentally friendly. From my point of view - the one thing that has always put me off is that I find tampons a little uncomfortable sometimes so am assuming this would be the same.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 06:53:29 pm »
& don't even go there if you have what could be termed a substantial flow (trying to keep the terminology appropriate for mixed company). 

:laugh: at the letter! We have come a long way from the days when it was not talked about at all but that is taking the marketing bull**** to a whole new level. 
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 07:51:43 pm »
I'll never forget the first time I saw a tampon. I was about 5 or 6 years old at the time, and it was laying in the trash can in my parent's bathroom. I saw the little string on the end and I thought it was some kind of whistle.

We don't need to take this any further do we?  :P

But, when Mom saw me trying to blow through it, she slapped it out of my mouth.  I was a VERY curious child with an incredible imagination.

The innocence of childhood.  ::)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 07:52:06 pm »
That was funny, Barb!  :laugh:

On a more serious note, while we're on the subject of feminine hygiene products, I'd like to recommend a product that I first tried five or six years ago and now recommend to all of the (pre-menopausal) women I know. It has made my life SO much easier ...

http://www.mooncupsandkeepers.com/

It looks interesting. I might give it a try. Thanks, Katherine!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 08:25:00 pm »
On another board I go to, cups are apprently very popular in Europe.  It sounded kind of gross to me, but then what about a period isn't gross?   :P

The story was hysterical.  Yep, ripping out the utereus - my thoughts turn instead to seppuku aka hari kiri, or loading up the old shotgun and going to the last person who pissed me off and - and - and I don't know, but it won't be pretty.  :P

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 09:09:30 pm »
I especially enjoyed how the writer suggested "Put Down The Hammer" or "Vehicular Manslaughter is Not Right" as better options for what to put on the self-adhesive strip thingy.

As much as I hate it when the male of our species ventures, foolishly, to say something like "What are you - on the rag?" or "Is it that time of the month again?"  (My husband especially likes to go around the house singing "Living in a Period World - PER-I-OD!" to the tune of Madonna's "Material World" and/or refer to my state of mind at that time as "Barb's Periodic Effects"), the truth is that without self-medication of any kind, I feel as though I'm about to come right out of my skin the week before my Monthly Visitor arrives.  I've learned to temper it over time, but every now and then, I can't conceal it, and so, when Ed says, "Barbara...?" from the other room for the umpteenth time about NOTHING, he's no longer surprised when it's answered with a blood-curdling

WHA - AAAT???

"Put Down The Hammer."  Now, that's funny.
No more beans!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 11:23:22 pm »
I have dealt with all of the, ahem, issues that you mention -- guys, I really hope you've all bailed by now -- David?  :laugh: -- and had no problems at all. I was used to tampons before I got a Keeper, but I found the Keeper more comfortable than tampons. The one thing is, they come with a rubber stick on them for pulling the thing out. That can poke you, so you have to cut it off. Or at least, I did. After that, it was fine.

Gross? Yeah, I guess a little bit. But like you said, Del, it's pretty hard to avoid grossness altogether in that department.

On the plus side: As you said, Kelda, they're great for traveling -- if your period is coming up, you have only one little thing to pack instead of a big box. If you've already got your period, well, you're already carrying it!  :laugh: You don't have to worry about always having supplies with you wherever you go. You don't have to worry about properly disposing of anything. And you save money and help the environment.