Author Topic: Like I, you want a Brokeback Mountain II, yes a second film??  (Read 20680 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Like I, you want a Brokeback Mountain II, yes a second film??

Offline Artiste

Re: Like I, you want a Brokeback Mountain II, yes a second film??
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 12:29:32 pm »
I am really surprised that no one replied yet to this easy question or subject!!

Why?

Hugs to all!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 12:55:49 pm »
A sequel?    "Beyond Brokeback"  perhaps?

What could it be about?        Ennis goes to Texas to find Jacks Murderers?      Along the way he finds himself?       That would be pretty cool.    But I'd want all the same cast members to be in it.    Jake would have to return for flashback scenes.       We'd  of course need Ann Hathaway to play Jacks widow.    Maybe Ennis would meet L.D.Newsome too.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 02:49:56 pm »
Thanks two of you for replying!!

Since I saw the questions by Ross In Illinois first, I will answer that firstly!

Firstly: Indeed it is my dream to have done or to do another Brokeback Mountain film,
especially a two hour one!! Can that be possible??

Secondly: I do not know if that title could be used?? You know that??

Thirdly: To me, it could very well be ANOTHER Brokeback Mountain,
because I do not think that that story is finished; far from it!!

As to these questions you ask and others, I will try to answer later.

For now, awaiting your answers, expressions, desires, etc.; as you please;
and, are you in the film industry?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 02:55:55 pm »
Thanks DavidnHartford for your reply.

It could be very well a sequel like Brokeback Mountain II!!

However, I would NOT want the same actors, not all; if so, then there would be changes, many!!

Enjoying your comments. And will add more later... my thoughts, if I may on them!!

Any other ideas which are great from you? From others too??

Hugs!

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 01:31:22 pm »
Maybe a sequel could work if they showed us the deleted footage in flashback scenes.....perhaps focusing on the sad life of Ennis after Jack? But that would be so depressing. IMO, there will never be a movie as great as BBM, a sequel would be a stretch and might ruin the phenomenal impact of the original, as well as stray from the intent of the author AP who asserts that a story is not finished but lives on in the minds of the readers (or viewers)....(I'm paraphrasing her famous quote here).
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 04:01:37 pm »
Thanks BBM-Cat2006!

Your comment:
Maybe a sequel could work if they showed us the deleted footage in flashback scenes.....perhaps focusing on the sad life of Ennis after Jack? But that would be so depressing. IMO, there will never be a movie as great as BBM, a sequel would be a stretch and might ruin the phenomenal impact of the original, as well as stray from the intent of the author AP who asserts that a story is not finished but lives on in the minds of the readers (or viewers)....(I'm paraphrasing her famous quote here).

I am glad about your comment!! Indeed a sequel could show the sad life of Ennis, after Jack's death, much more!!  Does that have to be ONLY a sad one?? And, for many years after Jack's death??
Could he not find ANOTHER Jack, maybe??

Indeed flashback scenes could enrich the movie and/or the story!! Even with deleted footage, as you say!!
And added new footage??

Of course, there could never be another equal likely to this First Brokeback Mountain movie and/or book!!
However, sequels are sometimes interesting too!! Plus, at times, enriching the story?? As there are a great many puzzles in this story/movie, and some could maybe be solved; hopefully not all!!

A sequel does NOT NEED to stray away the original intent of Annie Proulx!!

As she (Annie) says, the story will be not finished in the minds of the readers!! I say the same about a sequel!!

Any other ideas?

Hugs!!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 12:11:21 am »
I can't see the point. For what reason? sequels almost never live up to the original in either content or style or interest. And what would it say???

If as, Diana ossama once said in an interview that she thought AP had written a story about Ennis, after Jack, for HERSELF.... we will not see such a thing until there is a posthumous collection. I for one would rather she lives many many years lolol.

What would a sequel actually have to SAY?

I can't see the point and don't want one. You can't remake a masterpiece.

IMO
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 12:46:31 am »
Thanks brokebackjack!1

It is true that you can NOT remake a masterpiece. I know that when I create a painting: I can NOT remake it!!

However, sometimes I make a serie or series, similar paintings. In making a serie, I usually make them very similar, indeed from 2 to 7, usually!
Even in a serie, there can be one or more which becomes too one or more materpieces!! That I know too!!

I do think that Brokeback Mountain  needs a sequel and/or be made like a serie!! One reason, is that this story speaks in wondrous levels of humanity... so many of them!!

There are many things that could be included in a remake, sequel and/or a serie. Wonderful themes... that they are and should or must be addressed much more, even to add some!!

We remain very lonely seeing or reading this story, yes?? We need more... to help us out!!

Any ideas, etc.,

awaiting your news,

hugs!!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 01:09:35 am »
well the whole point of Brokeback is emotional devastation. You know that. I don't think I'd like a tv series at all, it would be studio BS. And I'll stick with what we got...
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"