Author Topic: What does Jack Say.. I Cant Understand It For Some Reason..  (Read 6157 times)

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
What does Jack Say.. I Cant Understand It For Some Reason..
« on: April 11, 2007, 07:25:43 pm »
To Ennis after Ennis tells him the Horse has a low startle point. I know he says I doubt there is a Filly that can throw me but I can't get the rest of the line????

injest

Re: What does Jack Say.. I Cant Understand It For Some Reason..
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 07:42:02 pm »
he says "I doubt there's a filly that can throw me. Let's get, 'less you wanna stand around and tie knots all day!"
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 07:43:47 pm by Sheriff Roland »

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 07:43:36 pm »
..and tie knots all day.

Offline RossInIllinois

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 11:16:28 pm »
he says "I doubt there's a filly that can throw me. Let's get, 'less you wanna stand around and tie knots all day!"

Ohhh Its the "Lets Get" I just couldn't make sense of. Thanks.  ;)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 11:51:20 pm »
You bring up an interesting point. Jack says, "Let's git" and then later he urges Ennis to move quickly after killing the elk unless the Forest Service finds them. Annie Proulx described Jack as crazy to be anywhere but his home at Lightning Flat. And Jack was described as "dying on the road." Jack was full of wanderlust, and Ennis was the opposite, all the travelling he done was around the coffeepot looking for the handle.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline RossInIllinois

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 09:21:59 am »
You bring up an interesting point. Jack says, "Let's git" and then later he urges Ennis to move quickly after killing the elk unless the Forest Service finds them. Annie Proulx described Jack as crazy to be anywhere but his home at Lightning Flat. And Jack was described as "dying on the road." Jack was full of wanderlust, and Ennis was the opposite, all the travelling he done was around the coffeepot looking for the handle.

I think he says in the move "Don't want to let the Game N Fish to catch you with no Elk".
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 05:25:59 pm by RossInIllinois »

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 09:26:47 am »
..and tie knots all day.

A very small difference, but I've always heard the line as, " 'Less you want a stand around tyin' knots all day."
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 09:47:55 am »
Sometimes I wish my fellow Brokies would watch the movie more often. I was working on the BBQ menu, for instance, and I threw out the idea of serving turkey legs because of their starring role in the movie. But I got the question back, "Where do turkey legs appear in the movie?" Um, they appear in the two Thanksgiving scenes. Another thing I wanted to add was round steak with peanut sauce. Can anyone guess why this is appropo??

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Scott6373

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 09:58:26 am »
Sometimes I wish my fellow Brokies would watch the movie more often. I was working on the BBQ menu, for instance, and I threw out the idea of serving turkey legs because of their starring role in the movie. But I got the question back, "Where do turkey legs appear in the movie?" Um, they appear in the two Thanksgiving scenes. Another thing I wanted to add was round steak with peanut sauce. Can anyone guess why this is appropo??

Oh that['s easy...that's the scene where they went out for Thai food and Jack had beef satay... ;D  NO wait...that was some bizarre fanfic.

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 10:08:20 am »

When Ennis goes into the store to drop the girls to Alma because he has to work, he promises he'll bring steaks. Then Alma jr. ask for crayons and accidentaly throws all the peanut jars to the floor.

Tip: Before serving, ask who is allergic to peanut. You don't want the BBQ going awry over an allergy reaction. They're bad and deadly.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.