Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 370131 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #380 on: October 23, 2007, 10:35:56 am »
Most places - my first boyfriend used to work at a Baskin Robbins - have a courtesy cone holder.  They wrap it with a paper towel and stick it in this holder while the money transaction is being done.  Then you can pick it up at your leisure.

What a neat idea! I've never seen one of those.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #381 on: October 23, 2007, 10:39:31 am »
And.......friends who go on elaborate vacations, buy fancy furniture, and eat out daily, but whine to me that they can't make their house payment. I don't care how they spend their money---just keep it to yourself when you can't pay your bills, especially when you never deny yourself anything. Sorry. I showed little compassion.  :P

I can relate to this. I have an acquaintance who has a house here in Philadelphia and his own condominium in Provincetown, Massachusetts, and all he ever does is bitch that he doesn't have any money.

Well ... hello!

I get so sick and tired of hearing about this. One of these days I'm liable to say some things he isn't going to want to hear.  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #382 on: October 23, 2007, 08:32:13 pm »
How do you do it? If I eat an ice-cream I immediately get sick (I'm also lactose intolerant)  :-\  It's so horrible because I LOOOVE ice-cream, pizza, and cheese.

It's very bizarre.  I get sick with lactose products, but different kinds of sick.  I drink milk, I get immediate cramps.  Cheese and ice-cream, I don't get cramps, I get violently painful projectile runs later.  That's why I tend to say "I'm going to live to regret this."  :P

And those lactaid pills do absolutely nothing to me. They did for a while but not anymore.

They never did anything for me except give me gas.

My doctor said it gets worse with time and it was better that I completely cut dairy products off my diet. And I did. I now eat soy made ice-cream. My sister says it's pretty similar to milk ice-cream.

I eat soy products from time to time, but seeing as the medical community cannot make up their minds as to whether soy is good or bad for women who have a propensity for breast cancer, I tend not to eat a lot of soy.  I'm on a carb-restrictive diet most of the time and my 'miilk' is a low-carb milk product.  Essentially a white chemical soup that tastes like milk, but isn't.  ;D

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #383 on: October 24, 2007, 01:34:49 am »
The neighbors next door to us have 3 teenage boys and they decided to try and get "cute" tonight. Their father owns a bunch of very expensive sound equipment, and they climbed up on the roof of their house with a high powered public address system, turned the volume up and started passing gas in it. At first I couldn't figure out what I was listening to. I knew I was hearing flatulence, but I thought maybe it was coming from the television downstairs. But when I walked outside, I could see them up there on the roof, bending over and holding the microphone behind them. It was so loud it was hurting my dog's ears. He would squint his eyes and grimice every time they did it.

After about 10 minutes of putting up with these annoyances, I walked over and asked them to please stop doing it, but they just laughed at me. So I went back home and called the police. Well, needless to say, that was the end of THAT!

How RUDE!! Or as Jar-Jar from Star Wars would say it, HOW WUDE!  :laugh:

>:( >:(
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #384 on: October 24, 2007, 02:33:40 am »

That is probably one of the funnier things ive seen.  However I can say it is probably very irritating also.
so you were well within your rights to call the cops....

Beautiful mind

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #385 on: October 24, 2007, 02:54:25 am »
...David you certainly have "colorful" neighbors..... ... I would have called it in to after I stopped laughing  ;)  Gotta admit it was VERY creative.  :laugh:

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #386 on: October 26, 2007, 09:16:07 pm »
Heh, just a quick note to let y'all know that a time-waster workaholic fellow employee got the wind taken out of her sails today.

She works long hours during the week - 9 am to 10-11 pm at night.  But after the bosses leave at 5 pm, I'm not quite sure how much time she actually works.

I don't stay until 10 pm.  No fucking way.

I work a little overtime, and will only work crazy hours when absolutely necessary.

But on a normal day, I stay an hour or two extra, mostly to clean up loose ends a bit better, so my OT hours are strictly dedicated, otherwise, why waste time socializing there when I could just go home?

Anyway, her attitude seems to be when the cat's away, the mice will play.  She'll wait for the bosses to go home, then strolls up to my cubical and starts to chitchat about nothing, or comes to talk about a certain case - she doesn't exactly have a question or a problem, it's just something to do so she looks like she's working, but in reality, it's just an excuse to get up and walk around and talk to people - and let the overtime hours rack up.

Hurray for her.  But I stayed late so I can finish some things and leave.  This habit of hers slows me down because I'm obliged to stop what I'm doing and listen to her - ignoring her doesn't help, I've tried - especially if it's even remotely work-related as we're two of the most senior people on the floor.

So, tonight, it's a Friday night, after hours, I'm trying to finish some quick tasks, instead I'm sitting there steaming, listening to her - and she's the Edith Bunker of problem explaining, giving you every little excruciating detail, whether it's important or not - I've tried before to cut her short to ask what she's really concerned about, but like a spring-wound toy, she'll answer my question, then go right back to where she left off and keep going.  She's bragging/complaining about how she stayed until 11 pm the night before working this problem and...

BING!

An e-mail popped up on my computer screen from one my upper bosses.  It's addressed to her and me (she and I?) giving us a new list of files that need to be done - and oh, by the way, can we come in and work this weekend to help get the numbers down by Monday?

I wanted to laugh at the look on her face.

She works long hours so she can have her weekends off with a clear conscience and conviction that she has impressed the bosses with her dedication and exceeded their expectations.  Then upper management slaps her in the face, showing that they don't give a rat's ass about what she thinks she's given them when the client demands come in.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The lesson I learned a long time ago at that place, is that if you work a little bit more every day, you're expected to work a little bit more every day.

Now she's more aware of why I don't give a shit about working myself to death at that place.

It isn't appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 03:15:29 pm by delalluvia »

injest

« Reply #387 on: October 26, 2007, 10:34:18 pm »
LOL!!

serves her right!! I have a coworker that spends all her time just head down...working working working....busy busy! and never gets anything done...she has been working on the same report since Sept 6.  ::) ::)

(this is a report that the previous employee completed in less than two hours.)

and I am not talking she works on it every now and again...no, she has it out....throwing things, swearing she has 'had about all she can take!!"...it apparently is the most complicated report since the Watergate trials...

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #388 on: November 03, 2007, 01:00:14 am »
Driving--I'm on the interstate on my way to work. A big truck is passing another big truck--FOR 8 FREAKIN' MILES!!!! He knew I was trying to get by--I know that's why he took so long. OMG---steam was coming out my ears. Jerk.

Audio books--Does anyone listen to audio books? I drive so much that I do. Right now I am listening to Janet Evanovich's "Thanksgiving" -- very light, fluffly stuff. Here's what I hate -- the girl who is reading it tries to do voices. That grates on my nerves -- she changes her voice from the woman to the man. It's annoying. I can listen only so long and I have to turn it off. LOL. This is not the first one either. I just want the reader to read it -- no voices.

The Dog--He definitely should not have said what he did, but what kind of asshole son would do that to his dad?

Editorials--I'm not bitching about this. It's just that there were 2 editorials in our hometown newspaper that were so red-necky and politically incorrect -- my hilarious cousin read them to me in a very funny manner, and even tho they were bashing (*someone I like*).......I was rolling with laughter.

Here's an excerpt from one of them:

"You [Republicans] persecuted the finest president we ever had (Bill Clinton) for his indiscretion while almost 100 percent of all his accusers were guilty of worse. If there is a hell, you foolish Republicans who preen and strut and boast of your piety have a special place reserved for you. My greatest wish is for Hillary to be your next president."

LOL. He's using Hillary to curse the Republicans?   :laugh:

Parents who lie for their kids to get them out of responsibilities--Idiots. They should know that the kid brags about it, the other kids tell, and the lie gets back to the teachers. Great role models.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving break!!!! YAY for the weekend and I don't have to work this one. Happy Weekend, Bettermostians--may no Republicans preen, strut, or boast anywhere near you and may you have nothing to bitch about until Monday!!  :P ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

injest

« Reply #389 on: November 03, 2007, 07:09:00 am »
Headline writers that don' proof read...."Crocodile Hunter's wife write book"

huh?

Hey, Shasta...I was driving down a split highway and came up on two people that were driving side by side at about 20 miles an hour having a conversation with each other!!! They apparently hadn't seen each other in a while...met by chance and rather than PULL OVER!!...and decided to catch up as they drive..

regarding 'Dog''s son. His lawyer was practically bragging about how much money he got for the tapes... ::) ::) ::)