Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 367742 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #430 on: December 22, 2007, 09:23:36 pm »

My rant was this morning my stupid cat woke me up laying on my legs...He weighs about 17 lbs. an i have
a bad leg...he is always trying to lay on it....
      So he wouldnt let me sleep, I kept pushing him off, and he kept getting back on me.  So finally I got up and was going to get up and get on line..Tried to turn my computer on...It wouldnt turn on...dead as a doornail.
Now mind you its 6:00 am...so i get online to sony, trying to see if this contraption has a reset button.  I find a telephone number, and call that too.  Get in line and wait.  While waiting I find an online chat room you can actually talk real time to a support person...so ok, about the time exactly the guy answers me at the chat room, the guy on the phone finally says "hello, thank you for using Sony."  and proceeds to ask all the same questions.  How old, is it still under warranty and so on.   I say no its not.. "Do you have an extended warrantee...?"  No I
say i dont.  So he tells me, he can only talk to me if i pay him, $29.95/   I say no thanks goodby....
      So go on talking to the guy online he wants to know all the same things, and the purchase date...I tell him i only know approximately the date...he then says well what does it say on your sales receipt...?   Gosh by now
I am getting crazy.  I told him I dont have the receipt handy..all i want to know is does it have a reset button...so he proceeds to ask me the model number...I said the number that is listed on the bottom, he tells me its really not the number and he will send me a linc, in order that i may look it up on the diagram...so ok i pull up the linc.
and i cannot find the number...he then tells me it starts with such and such..which i cannot find anywhere on the bottom of the computer an on any of the diagrams... Finally I found it...no where near the places listed on said
diagrams of the bottom of the computer...it is actually on the front of the computer.  in little tiny letters on the bottom of the screen....facing....I told him what a goose chase that linc was....stupid...
      So then he starts to ask me stuff like have you reformatted any of you componants.  I said no its just like i
bought it.  All I have done is routine maintainance.  He is then on a mission he keeps asking me all those kinds of
questions which all more or less are diffeerent ways of saying the same thing. 
      Then he says turn to page 99 of the owners manual and it should tell you how to remove the battery and the hard drive.. I tell him i dont have the manual.  He then says i can download one and gives me the linc for that....  So ok i do that.. and tell him i would need a microscope to read that stuff...You wont ever believe the size of that print...any how this is the first half hour of this ordeal and it continues in pretty much the same vane for the next hour and a half.  So i look at the time and it is now 8;10 and i have been on talking to this boob for over two hours...no closer to the fix than when i started...Finally he says could i remove the hard drive  if he walks me thru it..?  I say no i will take it to a shop and let them do it. He says would you llike me to give you the names of some local certified repair places...I politely say no thanks.   I have a place i use...  my parting shot was i
cant believe there isnt a quick fix on this problem.. whena computer is in obvious lock mode...he said no i dont think so....so wish him good day go and decide to use the old computer.  Now it wont work either because my on going problem with the wireless is in full death mode also. 
        Anyway i decide to tough it and have my husband take my computer by the shop on his way out, and tell him not to leaave it there,, just ask them to starr it if possible.   He takes it to the shop...It took ten minutes tops.  they took the battery out..unplugged it, and then returned the battery.  Wa Laa.. it then worked...well shit, that is one of the things i had already done...??????   I iwas just about to explode.   2 freakin hours on
the phone to an idiot.... >:( >:(

Beautiful mind

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
Holiday Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #431 on: December 25, 2007, 12:31:23 pm »
Can't have another holiday without a bitch.  ;D  But it's a minor one.

What fucking theater runs out of gift certificates?!?!  I was going to go Sunday to my brother's favorite art-house theater (he only sees art house movies) to buy gift certificates for him and his wife, but a friend I haven't seen in a long time called up and she wanted to go out, so I lost my chance to pick up his tickets then.  So I called and they said they'd be open late on Christmas Eve.  So I went last night - late, so I could actually find parking around this theater (I was working during the day as well) - and they were out!

Now I don't have a gift for my brother.  Guess I'm just going to have to mail them to him late.  >:(

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Now, my other bitch.

I feel like Linus in a 'Charlie Brown Christmas' where he's told to memorize his lines for the play and be prepared to recite on queue.

"I can't do this!"

I'm not a cook.  I'm not much of a prepare at home food person.  My family is celebrating Xmas at another relative's house.  I called my sister to get the word on what we are to bring, usually we bring bread or sodas or side dishes.  This time my sister said, "Oh we're to bring salad and dessert and dinner has an Italian theme."

Italian?  For Xmas holidays?  Okaaaaay.

Salads are hard to do well.  You have to do them fresh.  So I decided it was easier to bring dessert, but before I could open my mouth to do so, my sister quickly says, "Oh, we're bringing dessert, you bring the salad."

Shit.

Some people here gave me some nice suggestions for a salad, but when I started adding up all the ingredients to be added to this salad, it was going to cost me a fortune to feed 10 people and this year is pretty tight on money as it is.  So I decided to go get a nice prepared salad from the local deli.  They always have a tomato and mozzarella salad that is tasty, fresh and Italian.  But salad has to be fresh.  So, last night, right before the deli closed, I went down there to buy it.

No, they were not out of the salad...they hadn't made any at all!!!!

After all, who has Italian salad for Xmas dinner?

Panic!!!!

So, in panic mode and still locked into my Italian theme, I grabbed some salad greens and some Caesar dressing and some Parmesan - they were out of croutons - for a Caesar salad.

Then I got home and realized for a classic Caesar salad, I needed Romaine lettuce and not field greens - and Caesar salad is not to everyone's taste.

It would have been simpler and more to everyone's taste just to take a simple lettuce and tomato salad and forget any Italian theme.

Now I'm stuck.  I either have to take what I have or not take anything at all.  :P

injest

« Reply #432 on: December 25, 2007, 01:39:05 pm »
Take what you got and maybe next year they will give you more NOTICE...

jeez.

I already told my family I am NOT coming out to the big gathering...we have our own plans for the afternoon (and they are VERY exciting...)

so now they have the KIDS calling "Auntie Wess Is u comin to Chrisssmiss?? We Mizz u"

>:( >:( >:(

NO!! I am not being guilted in to giving up OUR plans!

thank you very much for listening to My gripe!

*bows*

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #433 on: December 25, 2007, 01:49:25 pm »
Take what you got and maybe next year they will give you more NOTICE...

jeez.

I already told my family I am NOT coming out to the big gathering...we have our own plans for the afternoon (and they are VERY exciting...)

so now they have the KIDS calling "Auntie Wess Is u comin to Chrisssmiss?? We Mizz u"

>:( >:( >:(

NO!! I am not being guilted in to giving up OUR plans!

thank you very much for listening to My gripe!

*bows*

You go, girlfriend!!!

It's time you have your own traditions and you can't make them if you're still living someone elses!!!

The salad gods have smiled on my pitifulness.

I had a flash of inspiration.  I had bought sweet salad greens and when mixed with the parmesan and Caesar dressing have taken the bite out of the salad and have made it a nice mild Caesar salad!!

So if they still don't like it, fuck 'em.  I brought Italian, like they wanted.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #434 on: December 25, 2007, 09:31:12 pm »
The salad gods giveth and the salad gods taketh away.

My salad turned out perfect.  However, when I got to my relative's house, turned out they had no room in their refrigerator for my salad.

And they weren't done cooking yet.

And after appetizers, they wanted to open gifts before dinner.

So, an hour and a half later without refrigeration, my salad resembled a wilted hot greens dish.  All slimed together, warm at the bottom of the my salad bowl.

Maybe two people tried some.

I'm taking dessert next year.   :P

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #435 on: December 25, 2007, 09:42:57 pm »
This really isn't a bitch, but rather my guilty conscience talking to me. One of my Dad's close friends passed away last week, and I went to the funeral with him. While I was there, something very funny got stuck in my head and I couldn't stop laughing. I felt terrible about it, but the more I tried to stop thinking about it, the more I would start laughing. It was terrible. I wasn't laughing out loud really, it was more of a silent giggle but I knew if I sat there any longer, I would have busted out. So I got up and walked out to the lobby area for a few minutes.

Has something like this every happened to any of you before? I felt ashamed and embarrassed but for some reason I couldn't help myself.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #436 on: December 25, 2007, 09:52:18 pm »
This really isn't a bitch, but rather my guilty conscience talking to me. One of my Dad's close friends passed away last week, and I went to the funeral with him. While I was there, something very funny got stuck in my head and I couldn't stop laughing. I felt terrible about it, but the more I tried to stop thinking about it, the more I would start laughing. It was terrible. I wasn't laughing out loud really, it was more of a silent giggle but I knew if I sat there any longer, I would have busted out. So I got up and walked out to the lobby area for a few minutes.

Has something like this every happened to any of you before? I felt ashamed and embarrassed but for some reason I couldn't help myself.

Yes.  Don't beat yourself up too much.  It's a tension reliever and the mind just gives you an outlet that isn't related to grief.  You did the right thing by going outside to the lobby.  Probably people thought you were overcome with grief.  So no harm done. 

People thought I was overcome with emotion, crying on my sister's shoulder at a wedding, when in fact I was laughing so hard I was crying.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #437 on: December 26, 2007, 12:52:10 am »

David the funeral thing reminded me of the Mary Tyler Moors show...Where the clown died, and all
]
the people from the station attended..Mary got the giggles in the middle of the ceremony, and everyone
was so embaressed... :laugh: :laugh:

Beautiful mind

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #438 on: December 26, 2007, 01:17:54 am »
This was not funny and I am sorry, but I couldn't help it.

I was with my family at my niece's piano/voice recital. A little boy sang a sad country/western song (can't remember what it was) and it just struck me as funny for some reason. I first tensed up so I wouldn't let any sound burst forth. Then my eyes started to water. Then my shoulders started to shake. I put my head down. I absolutely did not want to laugh while this poor youngster was singing -- how RUDE!!!! Thankfully, I covered -- the family members on either side of me thought I was crying because of the sad song. I was soooo glad when he stopped singing.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #439 on: December 26, 2007, 11:29:24 am »

thats discipline.... :-\

Beautiful mind