Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 367631 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #460 on: December 29, 2007, 12:29:30 pm »
you should just come to work with my bosses....we don't even HAVE email....heck, they are still using pencils (them pen thingys are just a passing fad ya know)

I recommend wet clay tablets and pointy sticks. ...  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #461 on: December 29, 2007, 12:30:52 pm »
:laugh:

Yeah, my bad.  Just because my clients are like this too, I shouldn't expect that it's not a universal problem.

Naw, I wouldn't say "bad" of you. But I think it is a universal problem.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #462 on: December 29, 2007, 12:42:02 pm »
I recommend wet clay tablets and pointy sticks. ...  ;)

that is how they were doing it LAST year...and let me tell you...them clay tablets are hard to file.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #463 on: December 29, 2007, 12:56:39 pm »
you should just come to work with my bosses....we don't even HAVE email....heck, they are still using pencils (them pen thingys are just a passing fad ya know)

Jess, I swear...  ;)

You and I must work on different floors of the same company.  A few years back, one of the partners of our firm - trying to get out of paying for an upgrade to our computer system - wondered why his employees couldn't just use a yellow note pad and pen.

injest

« Reply #464 on: December 29, 2007, 01:15:33 pm »
Jess, I swear...  ;)

You and I must work on different floors of the same company.  A few years back, one of the partners of our firm - trying to get out of paying for an upgrade to our computer system - wondered why his employees couldn't just use a yellow note pad and pen.

LOL!!

yep....living parellel lives!

injest

« Reply #465 on: January 18, 2008, 07:52:43 pm »
I forgot to gripe about this yesterday....and NO I am not letting it go!!

I went to Subway yesterday....I go there pretty often. Get the same thing...ham on italian bread, lettuce, tomato, and pickles...no cheese no dressing. I asked for a few extra pickles.......

and the manager GRIPED at me!! She said her cost of product was too high! now really!! You want to tell me those three extra pickles cost more than cheese and dressing?? My sandwich is probably the cheapest one she sold that day!

::) ::) ::)

the NERVE!

ARGH!

and another thing....why are they wrapping their dang straws in that cellophane?? It is nearlly IMPOSSIBLE to get it open with out BENDING the straw....which makes the straw leaky....

ok.

I feel better...glad I got that off my chest...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #466 on: January 18, 2008, 08:19:18 pm »
Since many of the concerns raised on this thread have dealt with poor customer service, I thought the results of this survey might be of interest....

L.L. Bean Jumps To No. 1 In Customer Love

by Sarah Mahoney, Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 5:00 AM ET

L.L. BEAN'S FOLKSY FORMULA--COMPLETE WITH user-friendly snowshoes, monogrammed backpacks and that no-nonsense "satisfaction guaranteed, since 1916" philosophy--is paying off. Consumers named the company No. 1 in customer satisfaction, up from third place in the previous year, reports the National Retail Federation.

The Freeport, Maine-based company, judged the best across all formats, is the only "old-school" retailer in the top five this year. Internet shoe giant Zappos.com came in second, Amazon.com third, Overstock.com fourth and Newegg.com tenth. Multichannel retailers Blair ranked fifth, Sears-owned Lands' End sixth, Coldwater Creek, seventh, Nordstrom, eighth, and Lane Bryant ninth.

Last year, Amazon ranked No. 1, followed by Nordstrom, L.L. Bean, Overstock.com and Lane Bryant. But favoritism is fleeting: Four of last year's Top 10--Boscov's, Kohl's, REI, and Macy's--have fallen off this year's list entirely.

The poll, conducted by BIGResearch, also revealed shifting consumer expectations, with shoppers demanding the most from restaurants and specialty stores. (Both types of retailers rated 4.4 out of 5.0.) They lower the bar a little for department stores (4.1), drug stores (4.0), grocery (3.9), Internet retailers (3.8 ) and membership warehouse clubs (3.7). And they expect the least--just 3.4--from discount stores.

The survey, which polled 8,877 consumers, asked the open-ended question, "Which retailer delivers the best customer service?" In order to develop a fair comparison, regardless of a retailer's size or geographic coverage, the trade group says, responses were compared to each retailer's 2006 revenues to develop the overall rankings.

Separately, the NRF announced that total retail sales for December (excluding automobiles, gas stations, and restaurants) rose 1.7% over last year, and actually slipped 0.4% on a seasonally adjusted basis from November. And it also says that November retail industry sales were revised downward to 4.7% growth, from 5.1% reported last month.

Add it all up, and you've got a 2007 holiday sales period of $469.9 billion, a 3% gain from the prior year and weaker than the 4% forecast.

Sarah Mahoney can be reached at [email protected]
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

injest

« Reply #467 on: January 18, 2008, 08:25:08 pm »
Since many of the concerns raised on this thread have dealt with poor customer service, I thought the results of this survey might be of interest....

L.L. Bean Jumps To No. 1 In Customer Love

by Sarah Mahoney, Thursday, Jan 17, 2008 5:00 AM ET

L.L. BEAN'S FOLKSY FORMULA--COMPLETE WITH user-friendly snowshoes, monogrammed backpacks and that no-nonsense "satisfaction guaranteed, since 1916" philosophy--is paying off. Consumers named the company No. 1 in customer satisfaction, up from third place in the previous year, reports the National Retail Federation.

The Freeport, Maine-based company, judged the best across all formats, is the only "old-school" retailer in the top five this year. Internet shoe giant Zappos.com came in second, Amazon.com third, Overstock.com fourth and Newegg.com tenth. Multichannel retailers Blair ranked fifth, Sears-owned Lands' End sixth, Coldwater Creek, seventh, Nordstrom, eighth, and Lane Bryant ninth.

Last year, Amazon ranked No. 1, followed by Nordstrom, L.L. Bean, Overstock.com and Lane Bryant. But favoritism is fleeting: Four of last year's Top 10--Boscov's, Kohl's, REI, and Macy's--have fallen off this year's list entirely.

The poll, conducted by BIGResearch, also revealed shifting consumer expectations, with shoppers demanding the most from restaurants and specialty stores. (Both types of retailers rated 4.4 out of 5.0.) They lower the bar a little for department stores (4.1), drug stores (4.0), grocery (3.9), Internet retailers (3.8 ) and membership warehouse clubs (3.7). And they expect the least--just 3.4--from discount stores.

The survey, which polled 8,877 consumers, asked the open-ended question, "Which retailer delivers the best customer service?" In order to develop a fair comparison, regardless of a retailer's size or geographic coverage, the trade group says, responses were compared to each retailer's 2006 revenues to develop the overall rankings.

Separately, the NRF announced that total retail sales for December (excluding automobiles, gas stations, and restaurants) rose 1.7% over last year, and actually slipped 0.4% on a seasonally adjusted basis from November. And it also says that November retail industry sales were revised downward to 4.7% growth, from 5.1% reported last month.

Add it all up, and you've got a 2007 holiday sales period of $469.9 billion, a 3% gain from the prior year and weaker than the 4% forecast.

Sarah Mahoney can be reached at [email protected]

or maybe they didn't follow thru? Have you tried to complain lately? It is nearly impossible to get any satisfaction anymore. Many of the service industries adopt the attitude that customers are like buses..there will be another along in a minute.

Walmart has gone from being willing to take back soiled underwear and buy other stores merchandise to keep customers happy (which is ridiculous) to refusing to take merchandise back when you have a receipt that is a week too old.... ::)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #468 on: January 18, 2008, 09:29:44 pm »
or maybe they didn't follow thru? Have you tried to complain lately? It is nearly impossible to get any satisfaction anymore. Many of the service industries adopt the attitude that customers are like buses..there will be another along in a minute.

Walmart has gone from being willing to take back soiled underwear and buy other stores merchandise to keep customers happy (which is ridiculous) to refusing to take merchandise back when you have a receipt that is a week too old.... ::)

I agree. WalMart offers an awful shopping experience as well as abysmal customer service. Which is precisely why I don't shop there. As a consumer, my power is with my money and I can choose where to spend it. Interestingly, I buy from LLBean (both in the store and online), Zappos, and Amazon (nos. 1, 2, and 3 on the list). Locally I buy from Hannaford (groceries) and CVS (drugstore).

I went into Macy's the other day with my daughter and realized that was the first time I had been in that store for a year.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

injest

« Reply #469 on: January 18, 2008, 09:35:13 pm »
I shop for groceries either at Brookshires or a locally owned store called Skinners.

My boss shops at Walmart. I was returning a cell phone we didn't need (for work). I was not happy with the experience. I have a friend that used to work there, she told me stories that would curl the hair..