Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 370628 times)

injest

Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #520 on: July 20, 2008, 05:24:27 pm »
ok my bad...they did send my score to the email address I gave them..they just charge you to find out what it means.

some of those questions didn't make any sense at all....like they had a question that said:

Steve likes 400 but not 300, he likes 100 but not 99, he likes 3700 but not 3600, what does he like?

a)200
b)1200
c)1400

now seriously, how am I supposed to know what that means? They should ask questions a NORMAL person would know.

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #521 on: July 23, 2008, 04:07:41 pm »
Just found a fitting needlework for this thread and thought I'd share  ;D

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #522 on: July 23, 2008, 05:49:18 pm »
Just found a fitting needlework for this thread and thought I'd share  ;D

Perfect!! 
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #523 on: July 30, 2008, 10:00:54 pm »

Dear old friend,

It was good to see you again.  It's been what?  Six years since you stood me up 3 times after making plans?  Yes, I accepted your reason for being rude and disappearing as being reasonable and was very encouraged when we exchanged phone numbers and promised to catch up.  In fact, when I got home, I was even more pumped when I found a voicemail message from you making sure you have given me the right number...Soooo..after nearly a month, it would be nice if you returned the messages I have left almost weekly for you.

Just a thought.  :P

Dear sister,

You're a selfish, fucking scut.  Cut out one happy hour and getting fucking voicemail so you don't inconvenience everyone else when we are trying to reach you.

Dear mom,

I love you.  But after giving up grad school, moving back to town, staying at a job I hate in a state I don't want to be in so I could be near to help you out in your last days, after 14 hour days working then helping you out, when I couldn't take you to one doctor appointment it was a bit much to hear from you that I "wanted you to die of cancer".  :( >:(

*(I am out of sick days myself and work for a company whose benefits are all on paper - they disapprove greatly, deduct from your annual review and any salary increase if you dare to actually take all the sick days they offer)  >:(

injest

« Reply #524 on: July 30, 2008, 10:59:32 pm »
oh DEL

:'( :'( :'( :'(

I wish I had more to offer

{{{{Del}}}}}

I hope you know you are very much in my thoughts....You are doing a great job. I know you are doing your level best and you deserve to have that acknowledged. I am so proud of you for your strength but I know sometimes you get tired of carrying the load for everyone.

:'( :'(

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #525 on: July 30, 2008, 11:29:15 pm »
oh DEL

:'( :'( :'( :'(

I wish I had more to offer

{{{{Del}}}}}

I hope you know you are very much in my thoughts....You are doing a great job. I know you are doing your level best and you deserve to have that acknowledged. I am so proud of you for your strength but I know sometimes you get tired of carrying the load for everyone.

:'( :'(

Thanks babe.  You do help a lot.  Actually it's really nice when I have bad days to simply know that you guys are here.

I'm being patient.  I've written off my sister as being much help at anything.  It's worthless making plans with her, because she'll agree, and then pretty much do whatever she wants anyway (to make sure my mother had someone visit her at least 6 days a week, along with nurses and rehab guy, my sister and I alternated days, that way our mother was covered...well I made plans that we were to alternate days.  I think my sister kept that up for about a week.  Now she pretty much shows up whenever it's convenient for her  >:()

My mother - as in the example tonight - needs something the next day, my sister is supposed to come over tomorrow morning...but I can't reach her so she can bring this item because she doesn't have vm.  I left a nasty message on her work vm

Other times, my mother needs her to bring something, so I call her or e-mail her at work with a list.  I say, "write this down" or "print this out".

Does she?

No. 

I arrive at the house, fully expecting X to be there just to be told by my mother that when asked, my sister replied, "Oh, I forgot."  >:( >:(

My mother's lawn needs watering.  It took my sister three weeks of reminding before she finally bought a waterhose for my mother.  I had given up on her and had bought my own, then had to go get a refund.

She's power of attorney, executor of the estate and has done nothing to find hospice care for my mother.  I'm doing all the research into that.

My mother I forgive a lot more despite the hurtful things she says.  She's sick and so is self-absorbed, she wants what she wants and nothing is ever good enough.  Trouble is, I grew up with the idea of not being good enough, being called stupid, and have spent my entire life proving to myself and the world at large that I'm not stupid and can be good enough so her attitude does not give me warm fuzzies.

So, life is not very pleasant right now, but at least my friends online and real (for the most part anyway) have all stepped in to offer to help out or cheer me up.

And that does mean a lot.  :)

injest

« Reply #526 on: July 30, 2008, 11:38:21 pm »
Thanks babe.  You do help a lot.  Actually it's really nice when I have bad days to simply know that you guys are here.

I'm being patient.  I've written off my sister as being much help at anything.  It's worthless making plans with her, because she'll agree, and then pretty much do whatever she wants anyway (to make sure my mother had someone visit her at least 6 days a week, along with nurses and rehab guy, my sister and I alternated days, that way our mother was covered...well I made plans that we were to alternate days.  I think my sister kept that up for about a week.  Now she pretty much shows up whenever it's convenient for her  >:()

My mother - as in the example tonight - needs something the next day, my sister is supposed to come over tomorrow morning...but I can't reach her so she can bring this item because she doesn't have vm.  I left a nasty message on her work vm

Other times, my mother needs her to bring something, so I call her or e-mail her at work with a list.  I say, "write this down" or "print this out".

Does she?

No. 

I arrive at the house, fully expecting X to be there just to be told by my mother that when asked, my sister replied, "Oh, I forgot."  >:( >:(

My mother's lawn needs watering.  It took my sister three weeks of reminding before she finally bought a waterhose for my mother.  I had given up on her and had bought my own, then had to go get a refund.

She's power of attorney, executor of the estate and has done nothing to find hospice care for my mother.  I'm doing all the research into that.

My mother I forgive a lot more despite the hurtful things she says.  She's sick and so is self-absorbed, she wants what she wants and nothing is ever good enough.  Trouble is, I grew up with the idea of not being good enough, being called stupid, and have spent my entire life proving to myself and the world at large that I'm not stupid and can be good enough so her attitude does not give me warm fuzzies.

So, life is not very pleasant right now, but at least my friends online and real (for the most part anyway) have all stepped in to offer to help out or cheer me up.

And that does mean a lot.  :)

ARGH!! Is Mom not willing to change that? If you are having to do the leg work you should have the power.

And yes, be as patient as you can with your mom...in the future it WILL pay off. I know that aint' gonna be easy...

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #527 on: July 30, 2008, 11:42:08 pm »
ARGH!! Is Mom not willing to change that? If you are having to do the leg work you should have the power.

And yes, be as patient as you can with your mom...in the future it WILL pay off. I know that aint' gonna be easy...

She is willing, but she was afraid my sister would make a big stink about it, having been jealous of me all these years...I never realized it, being rather oblivious about such things, but my mother and several friends finally pointed it out when my sister's behavior toward me was puzzlingly hostile.

Yes, I bitch bitch bitch here and to my friends, never to my mother.  I know she can't help it, so I just disregard it and keep a cheerful attitude around her.  But it is hard.

injest

« Reply #528 on: July 30, 2008, 11:47:00 pm »
She is willing, but she was afraid my sister would make a big stink about it, having been jealous of me all these years...I never realized it, being rather oblivious about such things, but my mother and several friends finally pointed it out when my sister's behavior toward me was puzzlingly hostile.

Yes, I bitch bitch bitch here and to my friends, never to my mother.  I know she can't help it, so I just disregard it and keep a cheerful attitude around her.  But it is hard.

well it can be hard to see things when you are so close to them, Del. You grew up in a toxic atmosphere...hard to see clearly thru that mess isn't it?

it is good to have somewhere to vent...you know you are always welcome to come fuss. Do it as often as you need to...then go give them heck in Current Affairs!

:laugh: :laugh:

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #529 on: July 31, 2008, 03:49:37 am »
Oh dear Del, big hugs and kisses from me.... you're not having an easy time of it.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/