Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 371448 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Woes of the day - of life actually
« Reply #550 on: October 29, 2008, 08:33:45 pm »
Not a bitch, just a sad bewilderment on the vagaries of life and the cruelty it can deal out.

I cannot fathom why life would be so cruel as to give each of us such a will to live - and what do you need to live?  To keep one's heart beating, lungs breathing and belly filled - yet take it away at the same time.

Why would the Fates return cancer to an aging woman who has already suffered most of her life with this condition and at an age where she is now too delicate to fight it off as she had done before?

And so begins the last slow dance with Death. 

Need a heart to keep pumping?  Years of chemotherapy have damaged my mother's heart and sprung a leak.  So she has erratic blood pressure that can make her breathless, nervous and giddy and also dizzy, weak and faint, sometimes in the same day.

And due to her condition?  Inoperable.

Need those lungs pumping?  Let her diaphragm muscles slip out of their normal spot and push so completely against one lung that she is down to 1.3 lungs and is on oxygen 24/7.  I imagine she must feel like she's just about to suffocate almost every day.

Oh, and how about keeping oneself fed?  Let the cancer metastasize, one tumor lodge in her neck, slowly growing and squeezing her esophagus shut. 

It's as if Death is squeezing her, cutting off every lifeline, one at a time, killing her slowly, but keeping her in full awareness of each desperate breath.

And still mom has hope.  One phone call to me to tell me, my stomach clenches and gets sick, while her call is full of irritation that her doctor doesn't give her any options.

I wonder - does she know that's probably because she really doesn't have any - or worse still, she does know that, but is going to keep on fighting even though the battle is already lost?

I can't be angry - the Wheel of Fortune spins for us all, but not equally - I just wish the Dance had been a quick one.

>:( :( :'(

Second woe - discussing politics with friends of opposing political parties.  Spent most of today back and forth with a conservative friend and despite being two adults with good, college educations, equal ability to communicate ideas, ideals and effective skills at negotiation, compromise, equal access to a legion of information and media sources, our discussion ground down and left us two kids on a playground, both convinced we were right, unwilling to budge because we know we are right and

Me:  Yes, it is.
Him:  No, it isn't.

Is it any wonder this country is still so divided?  You start to understand why there are some spots in the world without any chance of peace because of this same situation.  :P

injest

Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #551 on: October 29, 2008, 08:37:47 pm »
Del

:'( :'(

{{{{}}}}

I wish there was more that I could do.

Your mother is in denial. It won't last forever...let her have it for now. It is all you can do for her...let her rant...I know it is hard, Del mon ami...lord you have a hard time ahead of you. Take it one step at a time. One breath at a time and remember it won't last forever...though it will feel that way.

:'(

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #552 on: October 29, 2008, 08:57:32 pm »
Thank you, dearest Jess.

injest

« Reply #553 on: October 29, 2008, 09:02:49 pm »
Thank you, dearest Jess.

it is so hard to see people go thru such hard times. I remember when I was very very depressed many years ago, I would wonder why I lived when everywhere you turn there are people dying that dont' want to.

That kind of stuff is hard to figure out...hard to think about. Life is so random.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #554 on: October 30, 2008, 04:32:09 pm »
oh dev,  :-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #555 on: November 07, 2008, 07:28:37 pm »
Dear boss - I really appreciated you calling me into the office today to tell me that the trainer of the training class I attended yesterday didn't appreciate the 'confrontational' and 'inappropriate' manner in which I asked her about a certain topic.

I was told I needed to respect my peers.

Translation?

The trainer was wrong, didn't understand what I was asking and really resented feeling like a fool in front of the training class.  So the next time when this trainer asks "Are there any questions?"  I'll know that's just a rhetorical statement and I'm to keep my mouth shut.

Respect is supposed to go both ways - but it apparently doesn't.  When I replied to my boss that I was surprised the trainer said this because she had thanked me for my 'good questions'

So, next time, when I hear "thank you, those are good questions." from this trainer, I'll know that that person is a lying hypocrite and behind my back will report a complaint against me to my manager.

>:( >:( >:(

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #556 on: November 08, 2008, 03:06:28 pm »
I just now read about your Mom, Del.  I am so, so sorry.  Shit.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #557 on: November 09, 2008, 12:08:46 am »
Me too, Del.

:(

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #558 on: November 09, 2008, 01:44:42 pm »
Thanks guys.  Appreciate it, much.

One of the reasons I disappear from the board from time to time. :(

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #559 on: November 09, 2008, 02:16:47 pm »
Thanks guys.  Appreciate it, much.

One of the reasons I disappear from the board from time to time. :(

:'(  :-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/