Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 371452 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #610 on: November 04, 2009, 08:53:38 pm »

I'm UNEMPLOYED!!!  Why is my employed sister still calling me to borrow money?!?!?!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #611 on: November 06, 2009, 02:09:01 pm »
I'm UNEMPLOYED!!!  Why is my employed sister still calling me to borrow money?!?!?!

*shakes head in disbelief*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #612 on: November 19, 2009, 03:38:38 pm »
Man, am I behind the times!

A friend is loaning me her garage for free storage as I'm preparing to move.  She wanted me to make a duplicate garage key so she and I could both have copies.

I swung by my local hardware store so I could get a copy made.  They couldn't do it and recommended I go to a locksmith.

Easy enough...or so I thought.

Guess what?  There are next to NO locksmith shops anymore.  They are all on-call businesses.  Yes, they will make you a key but you have to pay $39 for them to come to you because they don't have a shop you can go to.

But you only want a fucking $1 key made! 

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #613 on: November 19, 2009, 03:43:20 pm »
Man, am I behind the times!

A friend is loaning me her garage for free storage as I'm preparing to move.  She wanted me to make a duplicate garage key so she and I could both have copies.

I swung by my local hardware store so I could get a copy made.  They couldn't do it and recommended I go to a locksmith.

Easy enough...or so I thought.

Guess what?  There are next to NO locksmith shops anymore.  They are all on-call businesses.  Yes, they will make you a key but you have to pay $39 for them to come to you because they don't have a shop you can go to.

But you only want a fucking $1 key made! 

Weird, del.  The True Value hardware stores here make keys, and last I checked so does Wal-Mart and Lowe's and Home Depot...I've had keys made and all these places in the past year or so.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #614 on: November 19, 2009, 03:56:30 pm »
Weird, del.  The True Value hardware stores here make keys, and last I checked so does Wal-Mart and Lowe's and Home Depot...I've had keys made and all these places in the past year or so.

Oh, they do, but they can't make it if they don't have a blank for your key.  That's what happened when I went to Home Depot.  They didn't have the blank, so they couldn't make me a key and they have a greater selection of keys than do local drug stores.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #615 on: November 19, 2009, 04:18:11 pm »
Oh, they do, but they can't make it if they don't have a blank for your key.  That's what happened when I went to Home Depot.  They didn't have the blank, so they couldn't make me a key and they have a greater selection of keys than do local drug stores.

good grief...what a pain.  :-\
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #616 on: December 15, 2009, 12:45:44 am »
Most moronically stupid thing I've read in a long time. 

>:( >:( >:(

Such arrogance and self-righteousness makes me want to just slap the shit out of some people because they're obviously completely unaware of how fucking superior and ignorant they come across.

On another board I go to, a guy wondered why AIDS was still around.  He commented,

What made me ask was when my mother and I had a conversation about gay marriage rights, and she said, "Gays can be allowed to marry as soon as they apologize for AIDS." I didn't know how to answer that...

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #617 on: December 18, 2009, 09:09:28 pm »
I've already bitched about this to a friend of mine, but I don't see why you guys here should escape reading about my crappy experience.

Unless I win the lotto, just shoot me next time I say I want a house.  As most of you know, I'm still unemployed and am having for several reasons to move back in with my mother.

I was at my mother's today moving stuff in and TRYING to get her washing machine out of the back bathroom where she had it installed for some ungodly reason so I can actually use it as a bathroom. 

It seemed to me to be a simple thing to get the plumber to come out and put in some new hookups.

The plumber came today and did an estimate.

He wanted $2300 to do the job!  To move the fucking machine 5 feet from where it is now and put in new hookups.

I wanted to cry.  No way we could afford to pay this.  I was SO upset.  So after he left, I figured, well, fine, I'll just use a step ladder and climb over the machine anytime I want to use the toilet.  So I climb over and fill up the toilet tank and turn on the valve so water will start flowing toward the toilet....

and the tank starts to leak...

which I fix but in doing so I managed to break off the floater.  Then the water valve behind the toilet seat starts to leak.  Badly.  Water is running all over the floor.  I have to turn it off.

At this point I wonder why the fuck anyone buys a house.

Who am I going to call to fix this?

Not a professional, and why? 

BECAUSE THE FUCKING WASHING MACHINE IS IN THE WAY!!!!!

I can just manage to squeeze in there next to the toilet because I'm 5'1" and am not a butterball.  No way a man can get back there.

So guess what?  Yes, I had to go to the hardware store, get instructions and next time over I'm going to have to shut off the water, carefully unscrew and move the tank, remove the valve, take it in so they can figure out why it's leaking and if they can figure it out, then I can put in the new goddamned floater and maybe get the toilet working.

My mother saw how upset I was and tried to offer an alternative,

"Well, we have bed pans, you can use that and then empty it out...."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the 21st century!!!!!  Is a working toilet too fucking much to ask?!?!?

My apartment was so lovely and wonderful and repairs were a phone call away... :( :( :(     

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #618 on: December 18, 2009, 09:34:20 pm »
Jeez, Del. I am so sorry. That completely bites and is exactly why I've vowed to never own a home again.  It is ALWAYS something and it will ALWAYS cost major $$$. :/
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #619 on: December 18, 2009, 10:39:02 pm »
Jeez, Del. I am so sorry. That completely bites and is exactly why I've vowed to never own a home again.  It is ALWAYS something and it will ALWAYS cost major $$$. :/

Which is why I bought a condo. I have better things to do with my time than clean out gutters and mow lawns. And now, with a big snowstorm predicted, all I have to do is sit and watch it snow (if and when it snows) while someone else shovels the sidewalks.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.