Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 367760 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #650 on: March 04, 2011, 01:17:19 am »
how is the house these days del?

The heater doesn't work at all now.  :(  Have to call in a repair man, but haven't felt like it as I came down with a seriously bad cold two weeks ago and had to go to the doctor and have been pretty much sick and fatigued ever since.

Of course, over a holiday weekend, I took my antibiotic prescribed and it did nothing.  Unfortunately for me, my doctor is extremely conscientious, AND - unlike a thousand other doctors who are too well aware that infections being resistant these days usually do not hesitate to prescribe a different round of antibiotics should the first not work - asked me to come back into the office for another checkup.  The office is 30 miles away from my current home and between the cold and snow days and then being out sick, I didn't want to take off YET ANOTHER DAY just because this stupid doctor wanted me to come back in so I could show her the same goddamned symptoms I had two weeks ago!!!!  >:( >:( >:(  So I am attempting to get better on my own.  It's a very slow process.  And work got stressful and I decided to go get a massage two days ago.  BIG mistake.  The massage was wonderful, but it triggered a bad nerve spasm.  So on top of the non-working heater, slowly recovering sinus infection and I now have massively painful all over body aches.

I normally take ibuprofen when my myalgia flares up, but I've already been taking it for nearly a month due to my cold and the stress and my stomach is finally rebelling against my taking anymore, so I don't have any painkiller that will work on the aches otherwise.

So, with my sister pestering me about the fence and getting a new stove and fixing the heater, I finally just told her I wasn't feeling well, and there was nothing stopping her from going out and doing all the research herself if she was in such a hurry.

She shut up.

So, thank you for the interest Kelda, but the house is pretty much no better for me than it was before, and in fact worse since the heater is now not working at all and I haven't had a chance to do anything to rectify the situation because of my sudden bad health.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #651 on: March 04, 2011, 05:40:15 am »
hmmm... sorry to hear that Del. Get well soon..

i think this has been spoken about before but there is no way to sell it in its current condition?

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #652 on: March 08, 2011, 09:47:38 pm »
hmmm... sorry to hear that Del. Get well soon..

i think this has been spoken about before but there is no way to sell it in its current condition?

No.  My mother didn't worry about the house in her later years.  She was too busy worrying about her health, so the house fell into a state of shabby neglect.  It needs a lot of work.

My sister thinks we can rent it, but I don't, unless we cater to a rental client that isn't very picky - which I don't care to do.  My sister has some suggestions that we just add on additional rooms and live together there, so we can put our money into refurbishing the house for ourselves, rather than some possible renter, or failing that, tear the house down and together finance a new house together.  Either plan is workable, except for the fact I really don't want to live with my sister or in this particular area.

You do what you have to do, I guess.

Thanks, Kelda for asking.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #653 on: March 08, 2011, 09:55:30 pm »
My bitch of the day.

It's entirely my fault for not reading the small print but the situation falls under the idea that in our commercial economy today, no one is interested in you having something that's useful...just in case.

You have a credit card with no balance that you can have just in case?  The banks weren't making any money off you, so they started charging a fee for you simply having it.

Now, my sister had given me an old pay-as-you-go phone.  I still have the thing.  It's old, but it still has 15 minutes of airtime on it and I've had the thing over a year.

Now since my mom died, my sister emphasized to me that all we had anymore was each other so I needed to be reachable 24/7.  So as an Xmas gift for myself, I bought a fancy nice new pay-as-you-go phone.

Only I didn't read the small print.  It's really a 'pay as you go until they get tired of not making any money off you' phone.  My other phone, the unused minutes rolled over every month.  This phone, they don't unless you buy more minutes every 60 days.  But I don't need more minutes.  I have 1/2 hour left and that could easily last me another 2-3 months.  So unless I buy more minutes, I will lose them all in 2 days and be stuck with a pretty $90 plastic box that lights up in the dark and does nothing else.

>:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #654 on: March 11, 2011, 01:16:11 am »
I really wish these medical shows wouldn't show you a heartbreaking story of a poor child afflicted with some horrible disease, get you involved and invested emotionally in how the doctors work to bring this child back to a relatively normal life, see the joy and tears of everyone involved...only to drop the boom on you at the credits and tell you the poor child died a year later...

>:( :'( >:( :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novemthree_Siahaan

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #655 on: April 01, 2011, 07:13:51 pm »
My boss is anal retentive.  I like that about her though, but what she's demonstrating as of late is being anal retentive and questioning when she doesn't have sufficient information and I'm the only one she does this to because of my lunch schedule.

I'm supposed to leave to eat lunch at 1 pm.  I don't always leave exactly at 1 pm.  Sometimes I forget and leave a few minutes later or today, there was an emergency and my counterpart was running around the office trying to find people and I voluntarily stayed at my desk to cover the phones until she got back, which was about 1:20 pm.  

My boss came back from lunch at 1:30 pm and at 2 pm asked my counterpart why I wasn't back from lunch.

My office counterpart had to explain to her that I had left my desk for lunch later than normal.  But when my office companion told me this later, she made sure I knew my boss was starting to ask regularly about my timeliness.

>:(

Obviously, my impromptu changes in the regularity of things upsets my boss.  So here I was thinking I was doing an 'above and beyond the call' of my job, taking my lunch when the office coverage allowed for it, instead, it's reflecting badly on me because my boss thinks I'm taking long lunches.

It makes me frustrated because my office counterpart is usually at her desk before I get there in the morning.  My boss comes in an hour before either of us, so she's obviously impressed that my co-worker is always at her desk early.

But what my boss doesn't know - and doesn't bother to ask - is what time this girl goes home.

My boss leaves before either of us.  We're supposed to be there until 5 pm.  What my boss doesn't know is that for every minute this girl comes in early, she leaves that much earlier.  She's not supposed to.

She one time left 1/2 hour early and I didn't say anything to anyone about it.

But that's never anything I bring up or can bring up and my boss doesn't think to ask because that situation is not as transparent to her as my alleged 'long' lunches.  She thinks this girl is like her and just works the extra time in the morning and doesn't count it toward her work time because she's not supposed to.

She's wrong.

So now, I'm going to have to be extra perfect on my timeliness, so she can quit asking about it while my counterpart can sashay out of the office at the end of the day whenever she wants to and my boss will never think to ask.

>:( >:( >:(

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #656 on: April 07, 2011, 05:14:16 pm »
Perhaps you could bring it up in the next one to one / appraisal?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #657 on: April 09, 2011, 08:37:03 pm »
Perhaps you could bring it up in the next one to one / appraisal?

If my boss brings it up, I certainly will.  If she doesn't, I really can't.

Minor bitch of the day:  Went to the Renaissance Faire today.  Alas, why is it that when you try to really take care of something it ends up being lost?  I bought a lovely gold and moonstone pair of earrings.  $35.  They were lovely and delicate.  I had a plastic bag with my sandals in them in which I was throwing everything, but I thought they'd be safer in my pouch where I had my important stuff - phone, credit cards, money.  I should have just thrown them in the sack.  Apparently, sometime in the afternoon, while I was digging out cash or ID or something, they fell out.

Now someone has a nice $35 pair of earrings that I bought.  >:(

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #658 on: July 25, 2011, 09:53:12 pm »
Another minor bitch.

I had a wake to go to yesterday.  Took a long time deciding what to wear, all the normal toilet stuff women do to prepare for a big event, ex-boyfriends/admirers were going to be there I hadn't seen in years...and the shower head in the shower stall breaks.  No shower head.  Just a thin line of water puttering out of the pipe.  With this I had to wash my hair, bathe and shave and brush my teeth in the shower to get ready for a big event.

*sigh*

So, today, I ran errands in the 100 degree heat and ran by the hardware store to get a new showerhead.

I've never owned a house before, so I don't think of these things.  I just grabbed a simple one that screws on and was reasonably priced and thought that was that.

I come home and - yay! - the thing screws on easily and then I tilt it to bend it down over the shower stall floor and it only moves 1/2 inch before it goes thunk!

The shower head is not meant for a very narrow shower stall.

It's meant for a bathtub.

I didn't know they had types of showerheads.

If I kept the stupid thing, it would be throwing water horizontally at head level against the opposite wall of the shower stall.

*sigh*

Can't something be fucking easy just once?!?!?  >:(   >:( >:(

If it wasn't already 9 pm, when I haven't eaten dinner, I'd wrap the thing back up and take it back to the store and exchange it, but I just want to eat and cool off and wind down.

So another day of bathing in a tiny stream of water... >:(

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #659 on: November 09, 2011, 07:59:02 pm »
Holiday dress bitch.

Spiegel's really sucks.

I got their "Holiday dress" catalog.  Found a gorgeous lace dress.  I thought, well, it might not flatter me, but if I order it now, and try it on and it doesn't fit, I can still return it in time and get another dress.

So I call them up, because strangely, these holiday frocks are not on their website.

Am on hold for about 8 minutes and finally get to talk to a rep:

Yes, the catalog is out, but the items are not available yet.
They're taking orders, but they won't ship until Nov 28.
The dress may or may not come any earlier.
No, once you pre-order, you cannot cancel the order if the dress won't arrive in time for your party.  You have to get it, then pay for shipping it back for a refund.

When's my party?  Dec 3.

I hung up after telling the rep that was ridiculous business and no, I could easily get a dress somewhere else a lot sooner.