Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 367744 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2007, 07:20:22 am »
Passive-aggressive.  They didn't want to take you there in the first place.  But then they did for whatever reason but they made you sorry that you went.

One of my ex's was very much like this.  It's a very controlling tactic.  He makes you miserable every time you go somewhere he doesn't want to go.  After a while, you dread going anywhere he doesn't want to.  We didn't stay together.

Another one of my ex's was like this, too. He would actually shrug off my touch in public, try to act like we were not together.  It was self-esteem and soul destroying.  That was many years ago now and I'm still not over that.  :(

It is very painful when they do that to you, isn't it? It happened to me too. Made me feel like shit.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

injest

« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2007, 10:08:19 am »
my pet peeve is to ask someone where they want to go eat and they say "oh anywhere is fine"...ARGH!

just say where you want to go eat. My mother is the WORST! no matter where you choose she acts as if it was the wrong thing but she is gonna suffer thru for YOU!! That martyr act gets old FAST!

so now I try to narrow it down by saying two choices...."Do you want to go to Chili's or Casa Ole?" that seems to work a little better...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2007, 10:16:25 am »
my pet peeve is to ask someone where they want to go eat and they say "oh anywhere is fine"...ARGH!

Tell you what, I have to admit I'm guilty of this sort of behavior from time to time, and not just with regard to choosing a restaurant. And in my case I think I know where it comes from, too.

I was an only child, and I think because of that, my mother constantly drummed into my head that it isn't "all about me," I can't have my own way all the time, it's not always what I want, and so forth.

So I seem to have this knee-jerk reaction that when someone asks me what I want to do, and so forth, I have this instinctive reaction to want to be agreeable, not try to have my own way, and accommodate what the other party wants.

:-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2007, 10:25:34 am »
Tell you what, I have to admit I'm guilty of this sort of behavior from time to time, and not just with regard to choosing a restaurant. And in my case I think I know where it comes from, too.

I was an only child, and I think because of that, my mother constantly drummed into my head that it isn't "all about me," I can't have my own way all the time, it's not always what I want, and so forth.

So I seem to have this knee-jerk reaction that when someone asks me what I want to do, and so forth, I have this instinctive reaction to want to be agreeable, not try to have my own way, and accommodate what the other party wants.

:-\

well, I will give you a pass if you are gracious about whereever you end up!  :laugh:

It is the attitude that is most important....if you are like..."Great! I like that!" then I am fine....

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2007, 11:24:24 am »

just say where you want to go eat. My mother is the WORST! no matter where you choose she acts as if it was the wrong thing but she is gonna suffer thru for YOU!! That martyr act gets old FAST!

so now I try to narrow it down by saying two choices...."Do you want to go to Chili's or Casa Ole?" that seems to work a little better...

:laugh: :laugh:

Yet another one of my ex's was like this.  Not only did he say, "oh, anywhere is fine." but when you made a suggestion would say, "Oh, not there."  So you had to go through a list of restaurants before you found a place he wanted to go.  Once, we sat in a parking lot, engine running, for 20 minutes trying to find a place.

I finally asked, exasperated, "If any place is 'fine', why are you disagreeing?  Apparently SOME places are not fine.  Why don't you just say so?!?!?"

Jess and Jeff

But of course, being decisive about dinner is a two-edged sword.

If someone asks me where I want to go, I will sometimes say "Oh, anywhere."  But I mean it.  But trouble is, I almost always know where I want to eat and I will say so when asked.

You eventually get called 'controlling' or 'selfish' because the other person, being polite, will give in and gets resentful after a time. 

"We always go where you want to go."

Is it my fault if I know where I want to go when someone asks me?

It's not like I won't compromise.  :P

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2007, 12:08:46 pm »
What pisses me off are those thrill seeking pedestrians who cross at the crosswalk or jaywalk fully into traffic.  They know you won't run them down, and will slow down or stop for them.  They have no problem blocking traffic.  And they don't hurry either, just strolling in front of you.

>:( >:( >:(

This is very dangerous behavior but they don't seem to care.

Heh, I did get my revenge once though.  I didn't hit anyone or brush them, I just scared the heck out of them.  I was driving west near sunset.  Nearly empty road, I had a green light.  Just as I approached the intersection, I passed through a bar of sunlight shining straight into my face.  My eyes needed a couple of seconds to adjust.  I wasn't worried though, because I had a green light and there was no one in the way.

Well, at that moment, a couple of those idiot suicide walkers, seeing only me in the road, crossed against the light in front of me, figuring I would slow down for them.

Problem was, I didn't see them, being blinded by the sunlight at that instant.

Luckily for everyone involved, right before I entered the intersection, I passed out of the sunlight into shade again, and my eyes - not yet fully adjusted - went back and I suddenly saw I was on top of these guys.

I slammed on the brakes, locking them, laying rubber all over the road trying to slow down.

The terrified look on their faces was priceless.  I stopped in time, they went on their way, shit in their trousers, I hope.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2007, 12:15:06 pm »
well, I will give you a pass if you are gracious about whereever you end up!  :laugh:

It is the attitude that is most important....if you are like..."Great! I like that!" then I am fine....

Well, fortunately, my buddies and I all share more or less similar tastes, so it's mostly a matter of picking which plain old mid-American type place to go. Nobody suggests anything really way out--like that place Meryl and Amanda went to that served eel and octopus.  :P
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2007, 02:50:10 pm »

No octopus or eel on my plate please,,,i couldnt even sample the frog legs, or the rocky mt oysters, at the
bbq...Im not that cosmopolitan i guess...thank you, but no thanks..............i did love the shrimp and the steak with peanut sauce however. very yummy surf and turf Brokie style.....
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 10:55:12 am by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2007, 10:30:12 pm »
Okay, here is my bitch for today: CHILDREN!

Is it just me, but are all people under the age of 10 totally irritating, whinny, loud, spoiled, egomaniacs or what? Why is it every time they are out in public they have to be constantly demanding the attention of the adult they are with? Why is it when two or more of them gather one or all of them ends up crying? Why is it everytime I am in a restaurant the child in the next booth or table ends up trying to communicate something to me with their eyes?!?!

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

injest

« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2007, 11:24:21 pm »
The one that gets to me is the kid that says "Momma"

"Momma"

"Momma"

"Momma"

"Momma"

I want to just scream "ANSWER THE KID!!"

Argh!! How hard is it to just say "What?"

I was in a store one time looking at a magazine...an older lady tapped me on the shoulder and said "My granddaughter is trying to tell you Hi!"

I said "I taught my child not to interrupt adults or talk to strangers"

and went back to looking at the magazine. (felt bad later though... :P )