Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 370542 times)

injest

Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #180 on: July 28, 2007, 01:22:41 am »
It sure do Jess!!

I think I'm going through it too, but they call it "Mid Life Crisis" in my case. Same thing though. Relentless hot flashes, feelings of dispair and a wicked temper that won't quit!  >:(

[[[Jess]]]

dang, poor baby!...

{{{David}}}

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #181 on: July 28, 2007, 11:58:41 am »
It sure do Jess!!

I think I'm going through it too, but they call it "Mid Life Crisis" in my case. Same thing though. Relentless hot flashes, feelings of dispair and a wicked temper that won't quit!  >:(

[[[Jess]]]

Guess what, David? My doctor actually used the term, "male menopause." Whatever you call it, it sucks.  :P
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #182 on: August 03, 2007, 08:24:08 pm »
Complaints of the week:

1)  Homeless panhandlers who act mentally unstable, standing next to your car, staring at you through your - open - car window or yelling obscenities at you while you're a trapped audience at a red-light.  This one nut will run in front of your car in attempts to slow you down because he knows you're trying to make the green light so you don't have to deal with him.

Not a damn thing you can do about them.  >:( >:( >:(

It's just depressing to get off every day from a long day at work and have to run their gauntlet, stressed that someday they'll do something more than stare at you through your car window.

2)  Co-workers you just have such a conflict with, personality-wise that you can't stand to even look at them, yet you can't ever seem to escape them - you arrive at work at the same time together, you take lunches at the same time, in training classes or meetings, you always end up sitting next to each other, you're always assigned related portfolios or clients so you have to interact, all the while you stare longingly at other groups/meetings/classes that exclude them that you are never invited to.

She's a sweet lady, but she's such a motor-mouth time-waster, running on and on and on and on and on about stories that are not interesting and do not have a point or work issues that are not even remotely related to what you asked her about.  If you go to her desk to ask her opinion on an issue, she HAS to counter with one of her own or some story.  She can't just answer your question and be quickly done.  Then she waits for you to walk away before she adds something else so you have to turn around and come back and ask her to repeat what she said.

{these days I just keep walking and let her talk to air}

She just came back from vacation, but I didn't seek her out because I don't care to know how it was, but when I sat at my desk to read my book at lunch, she decided to spend my lunchtime showing me pics and talking to me about her trip.  >:( >:( >:(

injest

« Reply #183 on: August 03, 2007, 08:46:34 pm »
dang, Del! That sucks! but it made a dang fine Bitch!!

;)

{{{Del}}}

(I HATE to be reading and have someone keep asking questions or talking to me....are they DENSE??)

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2007, 05:37:43 pm »
{{{Del}}}

(I HATE to be reading and have someone keep asking questions or talking to me....are they DENSE??)

So many people do this or experience this, I'm not sure what is causing the phenomenon.  I think it's a clash of manners and what people consider polite behavior.

Now, if I'm alone at the local deli with my book, peacefully eating my lunch and reading and a co-worker or acquaintance comes by and says 'hi', I feel I'm being sufficiently polite if I look up and smile and say 'hi' back. 

I consider it extremely rude if they take this as an opening and promptly sit down and invite themselves to share my lunchtime.

I think this breed of people are very people/socially oriented and believe that you are reading simply because you couldn't find anyone to have lunch with, not because you actually wanted to do it.  So they think you will be happy to have company for lunch.

If you think they're being presumptuous and wanting to keep on doing what you were doing and keep on reading, hoping they'll get the point, they believe you're now being rude because they have taken you away from your solitary pursuit and blessed you with their company yet you won't talk to them.

One girl I see in the deli all the time says she's always envied me because she sees me reading differnt books/magazines constantly, yet if she tries to do the same, her co-workers all crowd onto the same table as she and she is obliged to put down her book and chitchat until her lunch is over, so she's never able to finish one, much less mutiple books.  Recently she's begun to changing the time she eats so as to avoid her own co-workers who don't get that she would like to get away and relax over her book at lunch - alone.

This is the same kind of thing where a friend invites you to a base/softball game that they play in, but consider it rude if you read during the game.  Like little kids, they expect you to come there and watch them play without ever considering if you find such games boring in the extreme. You are waiting for the game to be over so you can interact with them, they're expecting you to have your attention on them at all times.

I've run across this with lovers as well.  They want to watch the game on TV.  I find this extremely boring and want to go somewhere quiet to read or do my thing.  They pout and whine.  They want you there with them.  The best compromise is to sit next to them and read while they watch the game, but you always get the feeling that they're a bit put off that you don't get excited when they do because you're not watching with them.

[shrug]  Don't know what to do about these kinds of things.

injest

« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2007, 12:02:30 pm »
I just like being alone. and people find that weird! I NEED some time away from other people. Some times when I am out doing errands I just want to be alone so bad I can't hardly stand it.

and reading is a way of getting a little quiet and distance...for me...

injest

« Reply #186 on: August 05, 2007, 01:25:56 pm »
Residents Inn

they have a series of commercials featuring acrobats and various performers...one for example shows a man balancing spinning plates...one shows a woman doing acrobatics using curtains...very artistic.

but!

the MEN are all dressed in dress shirts and ties...

the WOMEN?? in their bras and/or panties.

sexist much?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #187 on: August 05, 2007, 10:49:23 pm »
HEAD ON. APPLY DIRECTLY TO YOUR FOREHEAD.   :(

HEAD ON. APPLY DIRECTLY TO YOUR FOREHEAD.   :P

HEAD ON. APPLY DIRECTLY TO YOUR FOREHEAD.   >:(

>:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:( 
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #188 on: August 05, 2007, 11:47:02 pm »
HEAD ON. APPLY DIRECTLY TO YOUR FOREHEAD. 

hunh? 

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #189 on: August 06, 2007, 12:05:59 am »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvFIxUz2XY[/youtube]

One of the world's most annoying commercials.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~