Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 370420 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #400 on: November 10, 2007, 11:03:25 pm »
hey! I was just trying to save what is left of his eyesight!

Too late, Honey, that's past hope!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #401 on: November 10, 2007, 11:05:27 pm »
Too late, Honey, that's past hope!  ;D

no no...we can start making you wear Baseball mitts to bed...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #402 on: November 11, 2007, 05:39:10 pm »
no no...we can start making you wear Baseball mitts to bed...

Whutre you gonna do about the other 18 hours in the day?  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #403 on: November 11, 2007, 08:04:36 pm »
Whutre you gonna do about the other 18 hours in the day?  :laugh:

EIGHTEEN HOURS!!

No wonder you are going blind!!!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #404 on: November 18, 2007, 11:01:42 pm »
I'm so fucking pissed at my sister and the situation in general that I could just spit!!!!  >:( >:( >:(

My sister got her daughter a puppy last week.

She searched through shelters/rescues all day but because she'd decided she had to get a puppy *that day*, when the Humane Society put her through the wringer then was very hesitant to even have her look at puppies, she got fed up and left.

She ended up getting a puppy from someone who was giving them away.

I hadn't seen the puppy until just this evening.

I'm at her house, kneeling down, playing with the puppy, it's peeing all over my shoes and the floor because it's showing its submission, it's licking my hands, you know, doing puppy things...

Then I asked, "So, it's all nice and healthy right?"

My sister goes, "Oh, no she's getting over parvo."

I freeze, "What?"

The puppy was sick with parvovirus which as you know is extremely contagious and can be deadly to dogs.

The stupid bitch who gave my sister the puppy didn't even know what parvo was when my sister called to tell her.

My sister took the puppy to the vet and it was on an IV for a few days, then it was put on a round of amoxicicillan.
The puppy was entering into Stage 2 of the disease, so there's a good chance she'll survive.  She's very
rowdy now and starting to eat very well - her bones are still showing though.

However, there I am stuck at my sister's house, hands covered with puppy spit and shoes dripped with puppy urine.

"Is it catching to cats?"

I have cats don't forget.  Have had cats all my life.

My sister just shrugged.  She didn't know and it never crossed her mind to warn me so I could check before I went over for a visit.

My best friend owns a dog that my sister dogsits on occasion.

I'm glad my sister took the dog to the vet, but she's so unversed with animals she doesn't know when to question her vet and when not to.   I was looking the puppy over and noticed dark stuff in her ears.  Again, since this isn't a Shelter or Rescue dog I asked, "Those aren't mites are they?"

My sister replied, "Oh, the vet just said her ears were dirty."

"Yeah, but did she test to make sure?"

Silence.

I told her to go clean out the puppy's ears good with a q-tip and warm water and watch carefully.  If the gunk came back, then it was mites or maybe a fungus and the puppy needed to be treated for them.

The puppy also had fleas that they had to treat. 

Before I left her house, I made my sister call her vet to make sure the disease wasn't carried over into cats.  The vet assured me that they did not - but this was the same vet who didn't bother to check a puppy for ear mites.

I asked my sister for bleach so I could at least disinfect my hands and shoes before I left.

"Oh, we're out."

>:(

I washed my hands and arms and ankles before I left.  When I got home, I left my shoes and socks outside, put my
clothes in the washer and took a bath before I even touched my cats.

From what I read, cats can be carriers.  I e-mailed my friend to warn her since it's unlikely my sister will and I'm going to call my vet in the morning to find out if I need to throw away my running shoes or just wash them in bleach.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

injest

« Reply #405 on: November 18, 2007, 11:03:43 pm »
I tell you Dev....we are related....we have to be...

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #406 on: November 18, 2007, 11:36:12 pm »
It just aggravates the living shit out of me.

It's Thanksgiving

My sister and her daughter will be over my mother's house - does the virus shed on the floor?  Will they get it on the floor of my mother's house?  Did the puppy shed the virus in the car we're going to use to go to my brother's house for the dinner?!?!?

From what I read, the virus can live 4-6 weeks outside the body.

I may have to cancel my plans to go to my brother's house for dinner so I'm not carrying the virus back into my home -  >:( >:( >:( >:( I think my brother has a cat and not a dog, thank the gods.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #407 on: November 30, 2007, 10:20:40 pm »
You know, there is just no polite way to tell someone that they are a stupid doormat, a piss-poor mother and that their daughter is an irresponsible, emotional retard and a cheating, manipulative slut.

You ever meet someone as a friend and really hit it off?  You find out you share a lot in common - attitudes about life, spirituality, politics, feminism, sexuality, men, society...and you start to hang out since you have so much in common and the more time you spend together, the more the other person comes to like and admire and trust you and begins to confide about her background.

Then with dawning horror the more you find out the more you realize that if you had known what this woman was really like, you wouldn't have touched her with a 10 foot pole.

And now you can't get rid of her.

It is a new co-worker of mine.  She's older than me, a widowed single mother (her husband committed suicide, which should have warned me I guess).

She has done nothing wrong really, she has just turned out to be the kind of personality that I abhor and cut out of my life a long time ago.

And here I am, stuck with her.

Her latest crisis is just so ridiculously stupid, it's a Jerry Springer episode.  Her college daughter - bragged on by her mother as incredibly intelligent, mature for her age, is on the fast track to be a vet, has a gift for working with animals and independent as hell - has called her mother. 

Oh, she's dropped out of college after flunking 4 classes, working in vet offices as a vet tech didn't pay very well, so she has been topless dancing for a while now, but she stopped doing that, and is now unemployed, uninsured, and - oh, yes, pregnant and she wants to keep the baby.  Oh, the father?  A recent boyfriend she's cheated on several times, dumped him, took him back, he ignores her, tunes her out which causes fights and he's unemployed too.

And they're coming down to be with her mother.

She e-mailed me this travesty and I was just appalled.  Worse, I was appalled because my friend simpered, "Oh I'm going to be a grandmother!  The timing is not good, but if she's happy, I'm happy for her."

If it could have, my jaw would have hit the ground. 

Apparently all the talk about feminism, controlling one's own life and being responsible was just that.  Talk.

Her daughter just called to say she's joined the very large group of poor unwed pregnant young women with no health insurance and she's happy for her?!?!?

She talks about her daughter getting on welfare and having her baby on the public dole at a community hospital as perfectly fine and normal.

She never once lectured her daughter on irresponsibility.

Why?  Because of her abusive background, my friend has never overcome being a doormat and just wanting to make people around her happy and not confronting them.  Hence, her piss-poor parental skills.

So she will accept whatever harebrained idea her daughter comes up with and - lest she alienate her - just accept it with a happy smile.

My sister after hearing this tale wondered how I would face my friend without a look of disgust on my face.

I said it would be easy.  I wasn't going to see my friend much anymore.  Her daughter and unemployed boyfriend were moving in with her, she was going to support them while they looked for jobs and once the baby came, babysit so her daughter could take night classes.  Not that her daughter has actually said she is GOING to take night classes.  :P

My friend was taking night classes, practicing her music - she used to be a torch singer in a nightclub - wanting to improve her life and economic status. She was all excited about coming with me to Italy on my next European sojourn...and now all that's in the toilet.  She's never going to do anything but stay at her level because she no longer has the luxury to quit or change careers or even take a vacation - not with her daughter and soon to be present grandchild dependent on her.

Sad sad sad and extremely pathetic.

injest

« Reply #408 on: November 30, 2007, 10:42:10 pm »
You know, there is just no polite way to tell someone that they are a stupid doormat, a piss-poor mother and that their daughter is an irresponsible, emotional retard and a cheating, manipulative slut.

You ever meet someone as a friend and really hit it off?  You find out you share a lot in common - attitudes about life, spirituality, politics, feminism, sexuality, men, society...and you start to hang out since you have so much in common and the more time you spend together, the more the other person comes to like and admire and trust you and begins to confide about her background.

Then with dawning horror the more you find out the more you realize that if you had known what this woman was really like, you wouldn't have touched her with a 10 foot pole.

And now you can't get rid of her.

It is a new co-worker of mine.  She's older than me, a widowed single mother (her husband committed suicide, which should have warned me I guess).

She has done nothing wrong really, she has just turned out to be the kind of personality that I abhor and cut out of my life a long time ago.

And here I am, stuck with her.

Her latest crisis is just so ridiculously stupid, it's a Jerry Springer episode.  Her college daughter - bragged on by her mother as incredibly intelligent, mature for her age, is on the fast track to be a vet, has a gift for working with animals and independent as hell - has called her mother. 

Oh, she's dropped out of college after flunking 4 classes, working in vet offices as a vet tech didn't pay very well, so she has been topless dancing for a while now, but she stopped doing that, and is now unemployed, uninsured, and - oh, yes, pregnant and she wants to keep the baby.  Oh, the father?  A recent boyfriend she's cheated on several times, dumped him, took him back, he ignores her, tunes her out which causes fights and he's unemployed too.

And they're coming down to be with her mother.

She e-mailed me this travesty and I was just appalled.  Worse, I was appalled because my friend simpered, "Oh I'm going to be a grandmother!  The timing is not good, but if she's happy, I'm happy for her."

If it could have, my jaw would have hit the ground. 

Apparently all the talk about feminism, controlling one's own life and being responsible was just that.  Talk.

Her daughter just called to say she's joined the very large group of poor unwed pregnant young women with no health insurance and she's happy for her?!?!?

She talks about her daughter getting on welfare and having her baby on the public dole at a community hospital as perfectly fine and normal.

She never once lectured her daughter on irresponsibility.

Why?  Because of her abusive background, my friend has never overcome being a doormat and just wanting to make people around her happy and not confronting them.  Hence, her piss-poor parental skills.

So she will accept whatever harebrained idea her daughter comes up with and - lest she alienate her - just accept it with a happy smile.

My sister after hearing this tale wondered how I would face my friend without a look of disgust on my face.

I said it would be easy.  I wasn't going to see my friend much anymore.   Her daughter and unemployed boyfriend were moving in with her, she was going to support them while they looked for jobs and once the baby came, babysit so her daughter could take night classes.  Not that her daughter has actually said she is GOING to take night classes.  :P

My friend was taking night classes, practicing her music - she used to be a torch singer in a nightclub - wanting to improve her life and economic status. She was all excited about coming with me to Italy on my next European sojourn...and now all that's in the toilet.  She's never going to do anything but stay at her level because she no longer has the luxury to quit or change careers or even take a vacation - not with her daughter and soon to be present grandchild dependent on her.

Sad sad sad and extremely pathetic.

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about....I am faced with the same delimna...though in my case it is not a person that has revealed itself to be something different than I believed it to be....and I am questioning my own judgement over it.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #409 on: November 30, 2007, 10:47:06 pm »
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about....I am faced with the same delimna...though in my case it is not a person that has revealed itself to be something different than I believed it to be....and I am questioning my own judgement over it.

Can you tell us?