Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 367637 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #420 on: December 11, 2007, 12:55:10 pm »
I could never figure out what "female persuasion" or "male persuasion" was supposed to mean either, as if someone gets "persuaded" to be what sex they are!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #421 on: December 11, 2007, 01:03:23 pm »
I could never figure out what "female persuasion" or "male persuasion" was supposed to mean either, as if someone gets "persuaded" to be what sex they are!

Really!  :laugh:

I'll weigh the pros and cons of each and then pick a gender!  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #422 on: December 18, 2007, 10:22:45 pm »
Just an update on my friend and her pregnant daughter situation.

Just when you thought a train wreck couldn't get any worse...I'm detached now, watching with horrified fascination as this Jerry Springer episode appears to be morphing into a CSI episode.

The mother, my friend, is at least talking and acting disgusted and ticked at her daughter now.

Mind you the daughter isn't a teenager.  She is pushing mid-20's now.

Well, the daughter wasn't actually dancing topless - she was dancing in one of those fully nude clubs.  Is there a sleazier occupation that is still legal?

The daughter had been diagnosed a few years ago with some female problem that her doctor cautioned her would make it difficult to conceive...so in this age of AIDS, herpes, ovarian cancer viruses, her daughter wasn't using any birth control whatsoever.

And mirable dictu, what a shocker, she ends up pregnant.  ::)

Considering what an accomplished liar the daughter has turned out to be, it's hard to put stock in anything she says, but now she is saying that the father isn't her current no-account unemployed boyfriend.  It's another ex-lover, this one is from an abusive family that he 'doesn't like to talk about'.  This man reacted very badly to their breakup, he's already stalked her and has a police record.

My friend told her daughter NOT to tell this guy she was carrying his child.

(Personally, considering how this girl sleeps around, I wonder if she even knows whose child she's carrying)

So, her daughter was planning on coming down to Texas with her bum boyfriend.  Turns out though, the bum is divorced and has joint custody of his son.  Well, he can't leave the state without making new custodial arrangements.  But of course, he's unemployed and can't get the legal paperwork together and afford to hire a family lawyer.  And he's not going to give up his custody rights.  So he's already told her he's not leaving the state.

Now the daughter, being a pathetic excuse for a human being, whose mother's talk about being one's own woman and being independent registered not a whit in her empty head, decided she can't leave the state without a man or something with 3 good legs.   :P

She went back to her ex-boyfriend - the sweet, recovering alcoholic boyfriend - and told him she still loved him and did he want to come to Texas with her to raise another man's child?

Well, she fucked him over so much, and he knows her so well, he knew she was lying and wisely said NO! to her face.

So pissed, and desperate for a man - ANY man apparently - she ignored her mother's advice and common sanity and went to the stalker ex-lover, told him everything and asked him to come to Texas with her and be a father to their child.  The fact that he's controlling, had threatened to kill her ex-lovers and threatened to commit suicide when she first left him, and they do nothing but fight, did not overcome the most important fact that he has, in fact, a penis.

So, seeing as he is in LURV with her, he said, no problem, and jumped at the chance.

My friend put her foot down.  She was willing to take in her daughter and the - by comparison - innocuous bum boyfriend, but she is NOT taking in this type of man.

I told her this was turning out to be a very dangerous situation.  The man has already threatened with violence people around the daughter and himself.  It was just a matter of time/stress/the daughter being uncontrollable by him before he turns that violence on her and possibly the child as well.

You read about this stuff all the time.

My friend is furious.

I urged Tough Love - telling her daughter that she's a big girl and this situation is something she wanted, so she needs to take on all the responsibilities thereof (i.e. get a job and have her baby without any financial help from her mother) - and that may bring the daughter to her senses if she realizes she'll be living in shelters while pregnant, and decide to abort or give the child up for adoption.  Otherwise, IMO my friend is just adding to the problem, offering to help her out.

Don't know what my friend is going to do, but sadly, it won't be what she needs to do.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #423 on: December 18, 2007, 10:29:25 pm »
Geez. This really is one of those situations where you can't tear your eyes away, no matter how much you want to.  :(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #424 on: December 18, 2007, 10:35:57 pm »
Geez. This really is one of those situations where you can't tear your eyes away, no matter how much you want to.  :(

And people wonder why I don't watch reality TV shows.

Why would I need to?

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #425 on: December 18, 2007, 11:12:37 pm »

Yikes...that is sure a nightmare during the daylight hours!!!

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #426 on: December 19, 2007, 01:06:31 am »
And people wonder why I don't watch reality TV shows.

Why would I need to?

You sure you are not related to me??

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #427 on: December 20, 2007, 08:04:00 pm »

Standing there at the gas pump, watching the numbers click by and I happened to glance down.

Doncha just hate it when someone backs into your car and runs?

Yep, bumper/frame is bent down on one side. 

Not sure when or where that happened.

I'm standing there wondering if it's worth the money to fix on a 23 year old car.

But there is an upside.  Karma works fast.   8)

My car is a very old Jeep.  The bumper is actually part of the frame of the car - the steel frame.  The Jeep sits high up, so whoever backed into me, did some serious damage to their car.  Last person who hit my car in that same spot did $2000 worth of damage to their car.  ;D

injest

« Reply #428 on: December 20, 2007, 08:34:07 pm »
Standing there at the gas pump, watching the numbers click by and I happened to glance down.

Doncha just hate it when someone backs into your car and runs?

Yep, bumper/frame is bent down on one side. 

Not sure when or where that happened.

I'm standing there wondering if it's worth the money to fix on a 23 year old car.
But there is an upside.  Karma works fast.   8)

My car is a very old Jeep.  The bumper is actually part of the frame of the car - the steel frame.  The Jeep sits high up, so whoever backed into me, did some serious damage to their car.  Last person who hit my car in that same spot did $2000 worth of damage to their car.  ;D

no I wouldn't ....

that sucks that they would do that....people are awful sometimes

injest

« Reply #429 on: December 22, 2007, 07:36:22 pm »
We got a new secretary/receptionist at work...she thinks VERY well of herself. They have been going over the books for the last year. Well, she picked Friday afternoon at 4:30 to ask me about a petty cash reciept from Aug. AUG!

It is 4:30 on a Friday, this has waited FOUR months (it couldn't wait til Monday?), I had to make the deposit, balance the room, buy dollar coins and balance THAT fund, balance the sales, and fill out my paperwork before five.

I know I wasn't overly patient but.

She asked me what account to post it to and I said "I don't know you will have to ask the boss". End of discussion, right? NO. She insisted on pulling out all of the receipts for that week and going over each one. I was furious...I told her I would have to pull MY paperwork, she responded "Oh no...dont' do that...just tell me this..." on and on...me insisting I don't know...and I needed to get my paperwork...

"It was four months ago I don't remember"

"well was it this?"

"It was four MONTHS ago I dont' remember!"

"I KNOW it was four months ago but could it be this?"

"I DON"T KNOW!!!! You want me to pull the paperwork??"

"no no!! You don't have to!! look at this...could THIS be it??"

AARGH

It wasnt' pretty. She told me not to be short with her. She is lucky not to be slapped down.

>:( >:(