Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 367606 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #450 on: December 28, 2007, 11:15:57 am »
Sure enough, but it was still a bit of a shock that three days before Christmas you couldn't find an artificial poinsettia left in the place!  :laugh:

That's what you get for procrastinating! LOL
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #451 on: December 28, 2007, 12:04:12 pm »
That's what you get for procrastinating! LOL

I wasn't looking for Christmas stuff. I was looking for an awl in the leather craft area. But it was impossible not to notice the lack of Christmas stuff in the store.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #452 on: December 28, 2007, 12:38:53 pm »
This really irks me and it seems to be happening more and more these days, since gas prices are so volatile....

I hate when I go to the gas station and fill up the tank and pay...oh, $3.09/gallon. Then the very next day I drive by the station and the price is down to $3.04/gallon. 5 cents on 15 gallons is 75 cents. I know it's not alot of money but it is one of those mildly annoying things...especially since by the time I need to fill up again, the price will likely be back up to $3.09.

L

Well, I write this and guess what happened today? It worked in reverse!

I filled up yesterday and paid $3.07/gallon. Today I drive by the station and it was $3.11/gallon! Friday at the beginning of a four day weekend? Do I sense a relationship here? Maybe I should pay more attention to the day and the price.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #453 on: December 28, 2007, 12:40:50 pm »

I filled up yesterday and paid $3.07/gallon. Today I drive by the station and it was $3.11/gallon! Friday at the beginning of a four day weekend? Do I sense a relationship here? Maybe I should pay more attention to the day and the price.

L

Hmm. A little private study like that might yield interesting results.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #454 on: December 28, 2007, 12:41:57 pm »

L

Yay!!! Yep. So, you gotta get into a pattern! Good to know!  ;)

Actually, I heard that oil prices will soar resulting from the Bhutto assassination. Don't know how true that is. I hope not.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #455 on: December 28, 2007, 12:58:42 pm »
Yay!!! Yep. So, you gotta get into a pattern! Good to know!  ;)

Actually, I heard that oil prices will soar resulting from the Bhutto assassination. Don't know how true that is. I hope not.

Hm. Interesting.

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #456 on: December 28, 2007, 07:37:08 pm »
Yay!!! Yep. So, you gotta get into a pattern! Good to know!  ;)

Actually, I heard that oil prices will soar resulting from the Bhutto assassination. Don't know how true that is. I hope not
[/size]

She wasn't assasinated. Last I heard, this morning, though shot in the neck and chest, she died because when ducking to avoid the blast, she hit her head so hard against something she fractured her skull and that killed her.

So officially, she wasn't assasinated  ::) ::)

Gripe of the day -

anticipating each other's interests can backfire.

I told a relative I'd take their teenage daughter to the movies with me.

The mother said, 'Oh, what time do you think you'll be going?'

Me:  Oh, probably around 7:30 show
Her:  I get off at work at six, then I have to pick her up and drop her off at the mall (where the movie is playing) don't get too early a showing.
Me:  OK

So, today, my friend says, there's a 7:05 show and an 8:20 show, which one do you want?  Me, thinking to give my relative all the extra time she needs, decided on the 8:20 show.  My friend makes arrangements to pick me up.

I call to tell my relative once my friend hangs up.

Her:  8 pm?  What time is the show?
Me:  8:20 why?
Her:  Because she's already at the mall.  She called at 4:45 pm and I thought since you'd said a 7:00-7:30 show, that it would be OK for her just to stay at the mall and wait for you.
Me:  Well, I chose a later show because you said you had to pick her up and drop her off at the mall and it would give you more time.
Her:  That changed.
Me:  Well, I didn't know that, now did I?   >:( >:(

Minor gripe -

Why do people ask you to e-mail them about something, and then when you do, giving them them the info they requested, then asking a couple of questions about it, they respond with a "OK, thanks." never having answered any of your questions?  Do you just assume they didn't read your entire e-mail or just didn't want to be bothered to type in a few sentences before they hit "Send"?   >:( >:( >:(

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #457 on: December 29, 2007, 12:19:59 am »
Why do people ask you to e-mail them about something, and then when you do, giving them them the info they requested, then asking a couple of questions about it, they respond with a "OK, thanks." never having answered any of your questions?  Do you just assume they didn't read your entire e-mail or just didn't want to be bothered to type in a few sentences before they hit "Send"?   >:( >:( >:(

I assume they didn't read the entire e-mail. I've learned at work never to ask more than one question in any single e-mail, because I never get an answer to more than one question at a time.  :-\

injest

« Reply #458 on: December 29, 2007, 12:27:51 am »
I assume they didn't read the entire e-mail. I've learned at work never to ask more than one question in any single e-mail, because I never get an answer to more than one question at a time.  :-\

you should just come to work with my bosses....we don't even HAVE email....heck, they are still using pencils (them pen thingys are just a passing fad ya know)

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #459 on: December 29, 2007, 11:53:39 am »

:laugh:

Yeah, my bad.  Just because my clients are like this too, I shouldn't expect that it's not a universal problem.