Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 367660 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #660 on: December 29, 2011, 11:19:36 pm »
If someone told you you had until midnight on say December 1st to buy something, when would you consider that time?

I was thinking that since it was 9 pm on December 1st, I had another 3 hours to buy something.

It never occurred to me that midnight on December 1st, was at the end of the day of November 30.

I've been told that since midnight is written as AM, then midnight of the day you are in, occurred BEFORE 11:59 PM.

Isn't that wonky?  Or is it just me?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #661 on: December 30, 2011, 12:23:43 am »
If someone told you you had until midnight on say December 1st to buy something, when would you consider that time?

I was thinking that since it was 9 pm on December 1st, I had another 3 hours to buy something.

That's the way I would have interpreted it.

And look at it this way. When they say you have to have your income tax filed by midnight April 15, they mean it has to be filed by, say, 11:59 p.m. April 15, not April 14. Post offices stay open late on April 15 to accommodate filers, not on April 14.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #662 on: December 15, 2012, 09:03:41 pm »
Wow, can't believe it's been a year since I bitched.

Well here it is.

Thanks sis for ruining another party day for me.

I told you I had a party to go to on the Saturday before Daylight Savings Times day but you said since you had driven all the way up, you could still have lunch with me before I had to leave for the party.

You showed up an hour late and then explained your tardiness by saying you 'forgot' it was Saturday and not Sunday and had already turned your clock back and thought it was an hour earlier than it was.

I missed the party thanks to you but we still had lunch, so you wouldn't be inconvenienced.

Yesterday, another party and happy hour.  I told you about it weeks ago.

The office closed down at 11 am and I didn't check my phone until I was about to go to the Happy Hour at 6 pm, still in party wear.  Upon which I found a slew of text messages from you.

Thinking it was a family emergency I called, just to find out that you needed me to drive your daughter down to meet you 60 miles away.  Tonight - not tomorrow.  Because your ex-husband bailed on driving her down to meet you and you didn't want to bother to drive all the way up and inconvenience yourself.  So you chose to inconvenience me by suggesting I interrupt my party to go home, change and drive 60 miles one way and drive back alone in the middle of the night.

I repeated to you that I was in a party outfit, about to go into the bar as per my plans.

I paused, waiting for you to do the right thing and say, "Oh, that's right I forgot, never mind, go to your party, I'll just drive all the way up and pick up my own daughter."

Nope.  You waited me out, expecting me to agree to your plan.

I did at first, then called the ex-brother in law to bitch him out.  He agreed to take her.  I texted back, "Fine" and didn't look at my phone the rest of the night.

But was I thinking about it?  I sure was and thus my night of fun was ruined yet again.

When your frenemy is your own sister, what do you do?

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #663 on: December 16, 2012, 11:22:54 am »
That's bad of your sister - isn't she the parent why did she think you should drive?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #664 on: December 16, 2012, 02:14:01 pm »
That's bad of your sister - isn't she the parent why did she think you should drive?

Because that's the way she is.

Get this.  My car has been in the shop for two weeks due to a chronic problem that is so intermittent, it only happens with me and NEVER with the mechanic.  But it's a serious problem that has been going on for months.

So frustrated, I finally rented a rental car for a month, hoping the car will act up in a month.  Cost of over $600 - no one will be getting gifts for the holidays from me this year - and of course, the rental car's engine light went on and it's starting to have problems. I intend to turn it back to the rental car this weekend and get another one.

BUT I hadn't done that yet when she called.

So I'm in a rental car I don't trust. She KNOWS this.  But she's perfectly fine with me giving up my night of partying, going home, changing clothes, getting a new rental car and then driving down to meet her.

All so she doesn't have to bother driving all the way up to town to get her own daughter.  She's more than willing to inconvenience me, rather than herself. 

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #665 on: December 16, 2012, 02:31:33 pm »
Say "No", Del. It´s hard the first few times, but you´ll get better at it.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #666 on: February 11, 2013, 10:11:43 am »
At the moment, I have nothing to bitch about.   ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #667 on: February 11, 2013, 02:27:39 pm »
That is sooo sad ...
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer