Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9240233 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10730 on: February 25, 2012, 02:23:35 pm »
This weekend will be a slightly busy one.  Dinner with my bowling friends on Saturday night, and then an Oscar party on Sunday night.  The theme is "pajama party" so I need to go buy some pajama bottoms.  LOL

I took Monday off, so I can sleep in.   ;D

Taking off Monday for a post-Oscars sleep-in?  Wow!  What kind of parties you throw up there in Jersey?

I can't believe Jeff or Truman haven't piped in yet on the pajama party theme.  Come on, men, there's got to be some good jokes in there.

Have fun, Chuck.  I'm going over to my best GF's house for dinner and viewing.  I'm making a chocolate pie for dessert, and definitely leaving out the secret ingredient, ha-ha!
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #10731 on: February 26, 2012, 07:54:59 am »
What good is a chocolate pie if you leave out the chocolate ?  :o

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #10732 on: February 26, 2012, 08:01:27 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

It's Friday, it's pay day!  Bonus is in effect too!  ;D  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

This weekend will be a slightly busy one.  Dinner with my bowling friends on Saturday night, and then an Oscar party on Sunday night.  The theme is "pajama party" so I need to go buy some pajama bottoms.  LOL

I took Monday off, so I can sleep in.   ;D

Where did you leave the last pair ??   ::)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10733 on: February 27, 2012, 01:50:36 pm »

Oh, it felt good to sleep in today.  I wish I had slept better.  LOL  I got home about 12:30am but couldn't fall asleep until 3am.  Not sure why.

I did manage to pretty much stay on my lenten/pescatarian diet.  I avoided all the chips and dip, took sushi to eat, and only water to drink.  I did have some liver, because I've never tried it before, so I had to try a small piece of it.

Taking off Monday for a post-Oscars sleep-in?  Wow!  What kind of parties you throw up there in Jersey?

LOL!  Now Mandy, we don't party hard!  I'm up by 5am in the mornings, getting to bed at 12:30 and being up at 5 won't work, so I took the day off.

I can't believe Jeff or Truman haven't piped in yet on the pajama party theme.  Come on, men, there's got to be some good jokes in there.

Don't encourage them!   :laugh:

Have fun, Chuck.  I'm going over to my best GF's house for dinner and viewing.  I'm making a chocolate pie for dessert, and definitely leaving out the secret ingredient, ha-ha!

What good is a chocolate pie if you leave out the chocolate ?  :o

Apparently, you've not seen "The Help".  In that movie, one of the maids made what she called the "Terrible Awful" pie, a chocolate pie and a little something extra for her boss.  She pooped in it.

:o

Most people suspected I would bring beans from Brokeback, but I knew it was just a simple baked beans dish, which wouldn't win.

Someone did a bagel platter after the 'bagel boy' scene from Moonstruck.  The host's mother made deli sandwiches after the "fake orgasm" scene from "When Harry Met Sally".  One woman made a bundt cake for the "Big Fat Greek Wedding" scene.  We also had a "terrible awful" pie from The Help.  We even had a plate of liver and fava beans with a glass of chianti from "Silence Of The Lambs!  

I ended up winning with my (poor) copy of the Groom's cake from "Steal Magnolias", the red velvet armadillo.

:D :D :D

Where did you leave the last pair ??   ::)

:laugh:

they were old, worn, ripped, and needed to be replaced.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10734 on: February 27, 2012, 01:57:34 pm »
The cake looks great, Chuck, but why did you go through all that trouble of baking it?

You could've just shot an elk instead, would've been so much easier.   8)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10735 on: February 28, 2012, 09:06:53 am »

Oh dear.  Well, I may not hate my cube, but I wouldn't want to live here either!   :laugh:

After a nice day off, I'm back in my cube.  Oh well.  I have some time to schedule off, the time I carried over from last year needs to be used before the end of March, so I will be having some more time off shortly.

The last of my tax stuff showed up on Monday, so I can get the taxes done soon, and find out what kind of refund I'll be getting.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10736 on: February 29, 2012, 08:57:16 am »

So today is Hump Day and Leap Day!  ;D

I like Tuesday night bowling, but I hate feeling tired the day after.  Grrrrrrrrrrr!  However, last night went really well!  I bowled a 147, 137, & a 136.  Since my average tends to be a 110 - 120 and I usually have a game that is below average, I'm really happy with that.

At work now, so I'm peeking in while getting other things done.  I need to schedule some time off, and make an appointment to get my taxes done.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #10737 on: February 29, 2012, 10:19:44 am »
Chuckie, may this quadrennial observance of Leap Day exceed your wildest expectations for it.  :-*
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10738 on: February 29, 2012, 10:39:58 am »
Kisses back at ya, big brother!    :-*

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10739 on: March 01, 2012, 10:24:46 am »

Rain all day yesterday, and rain today too!  Oh well, at least we're not having a drought!   :laugh:

The last of my tax paperwork arrived, and now I can get my stuff done and get my refund.   O0

Angelina Jolie and her stupid pose at the Oscars is still getting attention online.  I don't know who came up with this pic, but I wish I had!