Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9100762 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10860 on: April 09, 2012, 08:14:13 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Yup, it's that Monday feeling all over again!   :laugh:  The bloated feeling from yesterday is gone, and I'm very happy!  ;D

Very happy that I hit my goal of 15 pounds in 46 days, my next goal is 20 pounds in 53 days, so I can be 210 for the Boston Brokie Bash & AIDS Walk.

;D

CellarDweller and 14 Guests are viewing this board.

oooooooh!  Well, how about that?  I'm popular!   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10861 on: April 10, 2012, 07:29:02 am »

This is how I was feeling a few moments ago.  Apparently someone was cutting bread or cake, and left a big knife out on one of the counter-tops.  They didn't even bother to clean it.

::)

So I picked it up and took it to the kitchen and washed it and put it away, but thought about what someone else might think, to see me walking around the bank with this big-ass knife in my hand.

:laugh:

"OMG!  He finally snapped!"   :o

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10862 on: April 10, 2012, 09:12:20 am »
Ok, so one of the people I report to here has a planter in her cube, that had two dead plants in it.  LOL

I was tired of looking at it, and took it down to see what I could do with it.  The soil in it was soooo dry it was a solid brick.

:o

I went to the local supermarket, as they have a small plant section, and got some potting soil and three green plants that I put in the place of the dead plants.

I want to see if she even notices.  I'm betting not!  :D :D :D

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10863 on: April 10, 2012, 09:40:24 am »
Above and beyond the call of job duty, Chuck, but what a lovely thing to do.  Everyone should have a coworker like you:)
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10864 on: April 11, 2012, 07:59:05 am »

How is everyone today?

Bowling last night went pretty well, as I had two games that were right on average, and one that was 15 pins above average.  ;D

After the past two weeks of not being able to hit my average, it was quite the improvement.

I also made a killer spare!  I had a split, and I hit the one pin just right, throwing it into the other pin.  Everyone saw it too!  wooo whooo!!!!

Above and beyond the call of job duty, Chuck, but what a lovely thing to do.  Everyone should have a coworker like you:)

Awwww, thanks!

I have to say, Mary (my coworker) was appreciative too.  Not only did she notice right away, she went out and got me a gift card for $25.00 at the local supermarket as a "thank you" for it.   I was quite surprised.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10865 on: April 12, 2012, 08:08:44 am »

Well, I'm in the office today, however, my immediate supervisor and my team leader are both out of the office today, so I'm hoping for a nice, quiet day.

Of course, the people I work for will still be here, so I have no idea how busy they will keep me.  LOL

I've started my fund raising at work, putting up fliers at my cube with a pic of the 2010 AIDS Walk group as well, and sending out an email "blitz" to my coworkers, as well as a promise of a "thank you" breakfast on a Tuesday in June, after the walk.

How is everyone else doing today?

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10866 on: April 12, 2012, 01:49:24 pm »
Unfortunately, this world is filled with haters, and of course, we don't all share the same tastes.  The only thing that matters is that YOU love it!
~~~

Madonna's 'MDNA' Fail: Singer's Album Sales Plummet
The Huffington Post  |  By Kia Makarechi
Posted: 04/10/2012 5:28 pm Updated: 04/10/2012 9:05 pm

Madonna's MDNA may be the first album to both top the Billboard charts and be a massive commercial failure.

The record debuted at No. 1 on the charts, prompting her longtime manager Guy Oseary to herald the singer's comeback as a great success. And though it was quite a triumphant return, it turned out to be a short-lived one buoyed by what some are calling a cheap trick.

MDNA sales have fallen a record 88 percent week-over-week, from 379,000 copies to a mere 46,000, Forbes reports.

So why the dramatic drop? In a somewhat savvy move, Madonna packaged the album with ticket sales on Ticketmaster. Though Lionel Richie's Tuskegee was outpacing her in projected sales, Madge was able to surpass his release by essentially giving her album away to anyone who bought a ticket to see her tour. These "sales" were then counted in Billboard's tally.

The only problem? With her shows either sold out or nearly sold out, no one's going to be buying tickets any time soon.

Page Six notes that Madge didn't invent the trick. Both Bon Jovi and Tom Petty used the loophole to finagle their way to the top of the charts.

In his email newsletter, Bob Lefsetz slammed the singer and her team for failing to understand that Super Bowl shows don't translate to album sales, especially for "an ancient superstar dashing for cash."

"Oldsters just want to hear the hits, and youngsters ... just don't care," he wrote of her halftime show. As for her tour? "Charging a fortune and playing huge venues. It's like a going out of business sale. What do you do next?"

Richie, on the other hand, sold 20,000 albums in just one hour by swallowing his pride and appearing on the Home Shopping Network. That's almost half the number of albums Madonna moved all week.

In Oseary's defense, he claims that Madge has foregone traditional album promos, instead focusing on prepping what he's touting as an epic tour. "The focus is getting the show together so MDNA can come to life," he tweeted.

Though Lefsetz and other critics are making it seem as though Madonna's career has seen its last sunset, it's important to remember she still has some pretty fierce fans.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10867 on: April 12, 2012, 02:24:29 pm »
Yeah, I read that article, and the other criticisms too.

They fail to mention Madonna's latest successes.

The lead single from MDNA was "Give Me All Your Luv", and it got to #10 on the Billboard Hot 100, making it her 38th Top 10 single, more than any other artist in the US.

"GMAYL" and it's follow up single "Girl Gone Wild" have both hit #1 on the Dance/Club Play chart, becoming her 40th & 41st #1 singles on that chart as well, once again, more than any other artist.

As the article mentioned, both Tom Petty & Bon Jovi have done the "CD per ticket" sale as well, but their numbers didn't match Madonna's when she did it.

Now, on to a real life lesson for you all.

When you open something up, use it, and then close it right away.

Why do I mention this, you ask?

I went to the market for lunch, and got a salad and a bottle of sweet & sour dressing.  I got back to work, shook the bottle, and took the top off.

Something in my newspaper caught my eye, and I gave it a read.....then I grabbed the bottle and shook it again, forgetting I had done this already, and that the top was loose.

I'm now wearing half a bottle of sweet & sour dressing.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10868 on: April 12, 2012, 02:48:38 pm »
Honey, you're always sweet and never sour.  :)

Madonna making a "comback"?  ???

I wasn't aware she'd ever left. ...  8)

And as for "ancient," somebody hit that Lefsetz person up side the head.  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10869 on: April 13, 2012, 08:30:38 am »

Oooooh......Friday the 13th!  Be careful out there today!

As far as I know, I have no plans for the weekend!  Yaaaaaaaaaaay!  I can relax, get caught up on stuff, and maybe get some writing done too!

Honey, you're always sweet and never sour.  :)

Depends on who you ask.  LOL

Madonna making a "comback"?  ???

I wasn't aware she'd ever left. ...  8)

You can say that twice and mean it!

And as for "ancient," somebody hit that Lefsetz person up side the head.  >:(

I'm sure someone will, someday.  LOL