Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9081791 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12830 on: March 14, 2014, 09:19:16 pm »
Hello Bettermost Friends!

:laugh:

How is everyone today?

It was busy busy busy at work today!   Thankfully, I managed to get everything done before leaving.  ;D   I just need to get some filing done now.

Tomorrow I'm thinking of getting some shopping done, and relax for the evening.  Sunday is the usual laundry and lunch with the family.

What has everyone else got going on?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12831 on: March 14, 2014, 09:36:12 pm »
Unlike you I do not regularly clean my house other than a quick wipe down of kitchen and bathroom.

However some old friends of mine from Australia are arriving in Dunedin on a cruise ship tomorrow. I am meeting them at 9.30 and driving them around and usually I invite such visitors home for afternoon tea. That is the plan but sadly a tropical cyclone (it was Cat 3) is over the North Island at the moment and is forecast to cross the South Island tomorrow. It will no longer be a tropical cyclone but still bring heavy rain and gale force winds. We may have to spend time in the museum or the ship may not actually enter the harbour if the winds are too strong.

Then I turn 70 on Monday and have decided to invite my walking group back for afternoon tea on Tuesday. Usually about 18 walk , only 2 men regularly. The walk is located not far from my home. I was going to make a last minute decision but my sister used the internet to order 2 dozen cupcakes which I have to pick up on Monday afternoon. So now I am committed.

I vacuumed during the week and cleaned the bathroom thoroughly on Wednesday but have the kitchen to do this afternoon  >:( which is why I am on the net after lunch  :).

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12832 on: March 15, 2014, 03:49:07 pm »
Ah yes!  cleaning for company!  That is when the house/apartment gets the best cleaning!  :laugh:

Oh, happy 70th as well!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline brianr

« Reply #12833 on: March 15, 2014, 03:51:22 pm »
Update.
When I went online at 6.30 this morning, it still showed the Sun Princess as arriving at 7.15 but at 7.15, it was no longer showing. I rang the wharf to be told that it was not coming in. Disappointed I will not meet up with my friends but relieved I do not have to think what to do with them in rain and driving winds. The other cruise ship "Celebrity Solstice" that was also due today has berthed. It is sad for all the tour operators. I know the train on which I sometimes volunteer has to give away all the meals that have been prepared overnight.
As soon as I found out I developed a headache. I often do that when tension is relieved  ???  Can now spend Sunday lazing around the house making sure I do not cause any mess before all the visitors come on Tuesday afternoon.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12834 on: March 17, 2014, 08:38:47 am »

Hope you all have a Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Still tired from last night, I was up later than usual, due to The Walking Dead.  The episode was crazy, and I had to surf the 'net afterward, and then read a light-hearted book to get it off my mind before going to bed.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 05:05:44 pm by CellarDweller »

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12835 on: March 17, 2014, 03:37:28 pm »
Judging by your bathroom decor, I'm surprised a mere TV programme can have that effect on you, Chuck!  ::) ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12836 on: March 17, 2014, 05:09:36 pm »
Judging by your bathroom decor, I'm surprised a mere TV programme can have that effect on you, Chuck!  ::) ;D

It wasn't a scary/gory episode, it was an unexpected event that threw me big time.

anyone who watches the show, and hasn't seen it yet, leave the blog!  LOL   Spoilers ahead.

In prior seasons there were two groups of humans, the main group living in a prison led by Rick, and a second group living in a town called Woodbury led by "the Governor".

The governor had major issues, and when the two groups clashed, the Prison Group won.  They then took a school bus to Woodbury and invited their survivors to join them in the prison.  Two survivors were sisters Lizzie (12) and Mika (10).  Each sister had a major fault.  Mika was too kind-hearted when it came to people.  Lizzie seemed to have a major mental issue, and couldn't always view the zombies as dangerous.

In an effort to teach the group's younger members self defense, Prison member Carol taught them how to use knives and guns for self-defense against zombies.

Last season ended with a major attack against the prison, and the survivors had to scatter to survive.  One splinter group was Carol, Tyrese, the infant Judith, and Lizzie and Mika.  They survived on the road for a while, and then found a house to hide in while they rested for a few days.  While there, Lizzie began to exhibit some strange behaviors regarding the zombies.  She believed they weren't always dangerous, and was trying to convince the others they were safe.  Carol and Tyrese went out to search for food, and came back to find 10 year old Mika dead, and Lizzie covered in blood.  Lizzie had killed her younger sister, in an effort to prove to Carol and Tyrese that Mika would come back, and not be dangerous.  She said she wanted to do the same to Judith, the baby.

Tyrese and Carol discussed what to do, and Carol said that Lizzie couldn't be trusted to do the right thing with walkers, and couldn't be trusted around people.  For their safetly,  Carol walked 12 year old Lizzie into the woods, shot and killed her.

Offline morrobay

« Reply #12837 on: March 17, 2014, 05:15:08 pm »
a zombie's gotta do what a zombie's gotta do, I guess.   ;)
"Do you mind if I smoke?"
"I don't care if you shoot up."

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12838 on: March 17, 2014, 05:57:26 pm »
I wouldn't worry if I were you, Chuck.

I don't think it's a documentary.

You're quite safe where you are.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12839 on: March 18, 2014, 08:15:27 am »

Yup, spring is around the corner.....Here in NJ, it has still be very cold in the mornings!  ugh!  Tomorrow we're supposed to go up to the 50s (I think that's what I heard) so we'll start to get some of the warmer weather now!

;D

Bowling night tonight, I pray it goes better than last week!  LOL  My entire team was off their game!