Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9091714 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #13040 on: June 05, 2014, 08:31:31 pm »
Sorry to hear this although relieved as I do not remember no messages from you for so long without a good reason and had all sorts of fears. I am on the train from Los Angeles to San Francisco at the moment so wifi is intermittent. Did not work in my hotel this morning and girl was on phone to provider when I checked out. We are due into Emeryville at 5 mins to 10 but last time I checked we were 45 mins late. Just overnight near the station and on train to Denver tomorrow morning.

I was worried, too.  Glad all is well, except for your poor finger. :)

Yeah, the finger has a yucky looking (I'm sure that's a medical term) gash on it, but the pain has stopped.

Brian, I hope your trip is going well!!!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #13041 on: June 07, 2014, 03:02:43 pm »
Sorry to hear about your aunt - a shame she wont have a send off but if that was her wish....
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #13042 on: June 07, 2014, 03:30:47 pm »
Sorry about your aunt, Chuck.

I hope her family and your Dad is ok.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13043 on: June 08, 2014, 07:32:57 am »
Well, it turns out they are doing something.  A one day wake today, and funeral tomorrow.

We're heading up to Pennsylvania today, and will return Monday after the funeral.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13044 on: June 10, 2014, 10:00:14 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Oh my goodness, I'm looking forward to bed!   It was a busy day at work, but I managed to get a good amount done, and get myself set up for tomorrow.

Was away on Sunday and Monday, my aunt Vi passed away on Thursday last week, and I had to drive to Pennsylvania to go to the wake.

Here is the complete summary of what went on.  LOL   It's meant to be laughed at.

I was unable to sleep on Saturday night, left for Pennsylvania on Sunday at 8am, driving my dad and Aunt Helen, who have a ......strained....relationship, three hours in a car, distracting them from potential fights.  Aunt Helen is perpetually cold, so I sat in a hot car to appease her.  After the three hour ride, we meet up with a few other out-of-town relatives at the hotel.

Aunt Helen needs a walker to get around, so every stop consisted of me unfolding the walker, bringing it to her, helping her out of the car, guiding her past potential trips, taking her back to the car, helping her back in, folding the walker, and putting it back in the car.

Got her to the wake, repeat all the above.

Got her to the dinner after, repeat all the above.

Got back to the hotel, repeat all the above (it's now 8:30) and I decided to read for a while, and go to bed at 10:30, as I have to be up at 7:00 for the funeral.  I forgot my sleeping aids, but I'm so tired, not a problem, or so I think.  (do you sense the turn in the story?) 

I'm awakened at 3:00am by my father pounding on the door to my room.  Aunt Helen got up just before 3, decided she needed to use the bathroom, and on the way out of the bathroom, fell and couldn't get up.

::)

I go to Aunt Helen's room with dad.  She's unhurt, just shaken, and unable to get herself up.  We get her up and back into bed, and retire to our own rooms.  Of course, now I'm fully awake and spend the rest of the night tossing and turning.  I finally drift off, to be awakened at 6:40am by a knocking at my door.  I throw on some clothes and open it to find Aunt Helen standing there, already dressed for the funeral.  She doesn't say "good morning", but rather greets me with:   "What time were you getting up?  I want coffee."  I replied with "I planned to get up at 7."  She answers "Well, it's almost 7.".  I scowl and say "But it's NOT 7."  She laughs and says "I"ll go see what your old man is doing."  I counter with "If you're smart, you'll leave him alone now."

I then offer to go get her coffee from Dunkin' Donuts across the street at 7, and tell her to go back to her room. 

I throw on sweats and get ready to get coffee, and there's a knock at the door.  It's dad, he's dressed for the funeral, and he tells me all the relatives are going for breakfast together at the diner down the street.  No one told me this prior, so I rush to get dressed (no shower) and get outside.

Get to the funeral, and Aunt Vi's sons reveal that they are short a pallbearer.  So I am the last-minute addition.

The repast passes without incident.

I'm exhausted, but my father is more than I, so I drive the 3 hours home.

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #13045 on: June 11, 2014, 02:23:38 pm »
You must be sooooo glad to be back home! :laugh:

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #13046 on: June 11, 2014, 02:30:34 pm »
Have you ever considered adopting a new family, Chuck?   ::) ;D

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13047 on: June 11, 2014, 05:12:07 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy hump day everyone!

Busy day at work, but I managed to get a bunch of stuff done, and I'm happy about that. 

This weekend looks to be a busy one, I have to clean the apartment on Friday, meet up with family to do the Valerie Fund walk on Saturday, and Sunday is Father's Day.   So much for any day of rest.  LOL

It's finally cooled off a bit, and the humidity is gone, so I have a fan on in the window, and it's nice to feel fresh air in the apartment.

Hope that everyone is doing well!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #13048 on: June 11, 2014, 05:13:22 pm »
You must be sooooo glad to be back home! :laugh:

You have no idea!!!  It felt so gooood to be home, I just dropped onto my bed.

Have you ever considered adopting a new family, Chuck?   ::) ;D

Sometimes I wish that were possible!   :laugh:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #13049 on: June 12, 2014, 12:46:17 am »
Was away on Sunday and Monday, my aunt Vi passed away on Thursday last week, and I had to drive to Pennsylvania to go to the wake.

Here is the complete summary of what went on.  LOL   It's meant to be laughed at.

:laugh: And I did. Poor you. With a family like that, you don't need enemies. ;)
I have an adopted elderly woman among my relatives who sounds exactly like your aunt (haven't we all? ;D). I couldn't help thinking of her while reading the above! She is tough to deal with. ::)