Author Topic: ABCs at the Movies: The Doubles Round!  (Read 2624103 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
"S" is Si vous le voyez, tuez-le de ma part (2002)
« Reply #2950 on: March 07, 2008, 08:00:22 pm »

IMDb Plot Outline:
"We got drunk and he talked about his machine allowing him to travel in the future. I made fun of him but since he disappeared..."

It was either that or "So Fresh, So Clean... a Down and Dirty Comedy"

Next T in 10

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
"T" is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991)
« Reply #2951 on: March 08, 2008, 12:31:18 am »

The film follows the adventures of the four Turtles; Leonardo, Donatello, Michelangelo and Raphael. Roughly resuming from the events of the last film, villain Shredder returns to take back command of the Foot Clan, and work towards getting revenge on the Turtles. When he learns the secret behind the Turtles' mutation, he becomes more dangerous than ever. The film sheds some light on the origins of Splinter and the Turtles, introduces two new villains; Tokka and Rahzar. Unlike the first film, this one rarely showed the use of their weapons. The Turtles instead fight bare-fisted for much of the film.

Next:  U in 11
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
)

Literal English Title:  Ultraman Tiga & Ultraman Dyna: Warriors of the Star of Light

From IMDb:

The members of the Super GUTS force, one of whom is secretly Ultraman Dyna, are in the middle of a losing battle against an enormous monster on the surface of the moon, when suddenly a spaceship appears and saves them by zapping the beast. The crew of the ship claim to members of the world peace force that originally created the Super GUTS force, and they invite the GUTS members to enter their brainwave patterns into the ship's battle computer so it can be a more effective fighting system. It sounds like a good idea, but could they have some other plan up their sleeves? Written by Jean-Marc Rocher {[email protected]}

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
"V" is Valmont (1989)
« Reply #2953 on: March 08, 2008, 01:06:56 am »

I did find a V with 12: Les voyages extraordinaires de Jules Verne - Voyage au centre de la terre  but decided against it because it was made for TV and I have standards  ;D  I stay away from those and also the direct to video titles.

W in 2

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"W" is White Out (2008)
« Reply #2954 on: March 08, 2008, 09:34:46 am »
IMDb:  White Out is the story of Nick Watson, host of Reality, a talk show on Norwalk University's WSKO radio station in northern New Hampshire. Just as he's closing down the show on the very last episode of his college radio career, he receives a disturbing on air phone call. It seems that Michelle Fullmer, his fiancĂ©, his wife in nineteen days in fact, is cheating on him with none other than Richie Fontaine, Norwalk's Dust Devils' star quarterback. Too much for most people to handle. Compound this all with the freak blizzard that rages outside, dumping a very healthy amount of snow on the greater Norwalk area, keeping other hosts out of the studio, and stranding Nick inside with co-host Andy Wolcienski, producer Hannah Lorenz, and a great deal of anguish and fury. It would be up to Nick to be the better person, but it seems Nick doesn't have anything nice to say about his darling ex-fiancĂ©e. That won't stop him. The next twelve hours on the radio are going to be VERY interesting.

Next:  Wildcard  "X" in 3.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Wilcard "X" is X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
« Reply #2955 on: March 08, 2008, 09:45:40 am »
Filming on location, as I type this, in Sydney, Australia. Next stop after that, New Orleans!

I know I didn't have to play a movie starting with X but since I found one, with Hugh no less, why not? LOL

Next up: 4 words for Y

Since everyone seems to be enjoying, how about if we keep it going for another round? If someone comes up with five words for Z, then continue on with six words for A and keep it going.

I am in Boston visiting with Southendmd and we are going to be traveling a bit today, so I might not be around as much as usual. I'll trust you guys to hold down the fort!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
"Y" is The Yankee Doodle Mouse (1943)
« Reply #2956 on: March 08, 2008, 12:02:34 pm »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5upz3hWRzw[/youtube]
Time: 7:21

Next:  Z in 5 words

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"Z" is Zui hao de shi guang (2005)
« Reply #2957 on: March 08, 2008, 01:11:03 pm »
English title: Three Times

From IMDB: Three stories of women and men: in 1966, "A Time for Love," a soldier searches for a young woman he met one afternoon playing pool; "A Time for Freedom," set in a bordello in 1911, revolves around a singer's longing to escape her surroundings; in 2005 in Taipei, "A Time for Youth" dramatizes a triangle in which a singer has an affair with a photographer while her partner suffers. In the first two stories, letters are crucial to the outcome; in the third, it's cell-phone calls, text messages, and a computer file. Over the years between the tales, as sexual intimacy becomes more likely and words more free, communication recedes.

Next: A in 6 words

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
"A" is Adrenaline Rush: The Science of Risk (2002)
« Reply #2958 on: March 08, 2008, 05:02:23 pm »

Next up: 7 words for B
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"B" is The Bad News Bears Go to Japan (1978)
« Reply #2959 on: March 08, 2008, 05:07:44 pm »

Apparently, this was unbelievably bad.

Next:  C in 8.