Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3130880 times)

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6210 on: November 04, 2006, 07:58:30 am »
I think maybe that Ennis was lashing out at the feared threat which had kept him and Jack apart -the threat that this man embodied.

And when he said the word "faggot" that put the tin hat on it. If Ellery hadn't been on hand he may have even ended up killing him in his rage.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6211 on: November 04, 2006, 08:13:20 am »
I think maybe that Ennis was lashing out at the feared threat which had kept him and Jack apart -the threat that this man embodied.

And when he said the word "faggot" that put the tin hat on it. If Ellery hadn't been on hand he may have even ended up killing him in his rage.

I absolutely agree Jo. Faggot was just too much for him, sent him right off the deep end and I believe he would have killed him too.
I wonder how Ellery's back is  :(

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6212 on: November 04, 2006, 09:09:34 am »
I am actually reading the 31 March 2004 draft of the screenplay and I believe the first "fuck" in the movie is uttered by Aguirre, when he is talking on the phone and says, "No. No. Not on your fuckin' life."

I need to find one of those websites that counts word utterances for the total number after that.

L

I found it!

PROFANITY 6 - 23 F-words, 3 sexual references, 9 scatological terms, 9 anatomical terms, 27 mild obscenities, 2 derogatory terms for homosexuals, name-calling (stupid), 11 religious profanities, 2 religious exclamations.

And here's part of the sex rating:

Two men hug and kiss passionately, and the wife of one of them sees them kissing. Two men kiss, they lie in a tent together (one man is bare-chested), and they hold and caress each other. Two bare-chested men wrestle and play fight, they end up on the ground, one on top of the other, and they kiss. Two bare-chested men lie in bed in a motel room holding each other (presumably after sex).

Somehow, it just takes all the fun out of it, doesn't it?

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6213 on: November 04, 2006, 09:16:29 am »
   Um,  1997s Titanic?     ???

Perhaps. It does have one fuck and was rated PG-13.

Good memory, David!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6214 on: November 04, 2006, 09:29:50 am »
I found it!

PROFANITY 6 - 23 F-words, 3 sexual references, 9 scatological terms, 9 anatomical terms, 27 mild obscenities, 2 derogatory terms for homosexuals, name-calling (stupid), 11 religious profanities, 2 religious exclamations.

Two men hug and kiss passionately, and the wife of one of them sees them kissing. Two men kiss, they lie in a tent together (one man is bare-chested), and they hold and caress each other. Two bare-chested men wrestle and play fight, they end up on the ground, one on top of the other, and they kiss. Two bare-chested men lie in bed in a motel room holding each other (presumably after sex).

Leslie

Good grief Leslie, such debauchery on the screen, no wonder it was R rated. Its a wonder we didnt all end up with post traumatic stress disorder from seeing 2 bare chested men..kissing as well!! :o :o :o Whatever next. ::) ::) Do you think film directors live in the same century as us? Do they honestly think we are shocked by that? Ermmmmmmmmmmm, nope we want more lol. And as for hearing the word fuck....deary me, I need a brandy now...I dont even know what it means. ;) ;D :laugh:

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #6215 on: November 04, 2006, 09:58:31 am »
I found it!

Leslie

I saw reviews of the film in religious newsletters on the net which enumerated this stuff. The only things they missed were the number of impure thoughts. It is like boiling down the Song of Solomon to "numerous references to body parts". Body parts and crowd control - that's what it's all about.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6216 on: November 04, 2006, 10:45:26 am »
Well I,ve managed to look at LJ a couple of times but then I got "the page cannot be displayed" again. The server is really slow so obviously they havnt fixed whatever it is yet.Which means I cant look at any fan fic.  >:( >:(

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6217 on: November 04, 2006, 10:48:17 am »
Well I,ve managed to look at LJ a couple of times but then I got "the page cannot be displayed" again. The server is really slow so obviously they havnt fixed whatever it is yet.Which means I cant look at any fan fic.  >:( >:(

I can't either Souxi *cries* *wails* It's SO depressing  :'(

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6218 on: November 04, 2006, 10:49:28 am »

Leslie

It sure does  :(

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6219 on: November 04, 2006, 11:18:49 am »
I can't either Souxi *cries* *wails* It's SO depressing  :'(

I know..I,ve chewed one set of fingernails already..I,m starting on the other hand now. :'( :'( :'(