Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3159882 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6260 on: November 04, 2006, 05:18:14 pm »
Sure sweetie, I will send them in individual messages.

Woohoo!  I just saw 70!  Cheers Louise!  ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6261 on: November 04, 2006, 05:28:57 pm »
Hey, they left out the first tent scene!

There was a description of that. It merited its own paragraph, I guess because a bit of a bare butt was seen.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6262 on: November 04, 2006, 05:36:58 pm »
there was actually "haunch" not "cheek"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #6263 on: November 04, 2006, 05:44:22 pm »

“Kiss me,” Ellery said softly. 

Ennis leaned forward, pressing his lips softly against Ellery’s, sliding one hand behind Ellery’s neck, kissing him gently, unhurriedly, whispering against his lips.  “Sorry.”

“Shhh...” Ellery whispered back, pressing his mouth back against Ennis’s, lips parting, kissing him more hungrily now, pulling him in close.

Ennis bent over him, one hand cupping the back of Ellery’s neck, the other sliding down his bare arm, holding him, trying not to lean against him, but needing the contact with his body, the reassurance of intimacy in the aftermath of shock, anger, and pain.  They broke the kiss slowly, reluctantly, and as their mouths separated, Ennis whispered to him once more.  “I love you.”

Ellery smiled, lids now half-closed. “I know.  It’s all right.  I got ta sleep now.”

Ennis brushed his fingers across the pale forehead, pushing strands of stray hair away and tucking them behind his ear, then kissing Ellery’s cheek.  “I’ll call Dupree now.”  He got up, and stopped at the door.  Ellery’s head lolled back, eyes now completely closed.  He was already asleep.

Oh Louise, that was lovely, so glad that they kissed and made up.   It was so sweet when Ellery asked Ennis to kiss him - it was like his way of saying "everything's ok". 

And when Ennis brushes Ellery's hair away from his forehead - that does something to me every time.

Thanks Louise, I havent been able to access lj either, and so I really appreciated you posting the last few chapters here.  I've spent the last hour catching up on the last few days' worth of posts here, and it seems I've missed lots of interesting discussions! 

Even though I've not been here, I have been commenting on Louise's lj (I'm poppyhoney over there).  Hope to be around a bit more now too.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6264 on: November 04, 2006, 06:52:27 pm »
Looks like the Livejournal outage has become extended.  Look here for updates tomorrow first. I'll post them here before going over to battle with LJ again.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6265 on: November 04, 2006, 08:42:53 pm »
LJ is back up!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/144730.html  "Chapter 75:  Making Up"

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6266 on: November 04, 2006, 09:01:29 pm »

Yes it is back!

I was able to get on 1 minute ago!

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #6267 on: November 04, 2006, 10:21:51 pm »
When I'm reading a chapter on LJ I sometimes drag the right-hand column across to the left to make the text appear longer - illusory of course since it's also much narrower! Does anyone else do that? 8)
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

yb

« Reply #6268 on: November 05, 2006, 12:30:05 am »
I don't know how much more can I love Wes and Edna.  If not for Wes, I guess Ellery would have had a hugh fight with Ennis about his way of handling Larry.  Ellery has a point but Wes was looking at it from an objective angle and an outsider's point who normally sees things in more clarity than those directly involved. 

I agree with magicmountain's comment on lj, will Ellery be able to pass the next physical test?  I'm worried for him.

About Lorenzo Sr, what's the deal here?  I don't remember reading the actual reason behind his transfer to Cheyenne, why is his son saying people at Cheyenne thought he was a homo?  That's a mystery and I hope Louise will get to it in the next chapters.

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
« Reply #6269 on: November 05, 2006, 01:17:23 am »
I worked all day today, so I wasn't able to check LJ for updates until after 8 PM.  I didn't know there had been problems on LJ all day; I was just excited to see three new chapters!  I did think it was odd, though, that no one had commented on them!  I haven't left the first comment on a chapter in ages! :laugh:

Anyway, when I came to this thread, I realized why there were no comments!  I'm sorry you've all had such a frustrating day with LJ.  At least it seems to be working okay now.
What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)