Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3170163 times)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6870 on: November 16, 2006, 07:11:36 am »
And I'd love this too and what would be good too is to see  Esteban settled, reliable and happy once again in the Laramie police station.

Yeah - I'd like to see the vibe that Esteban and Ellery have. They were partners after all, and even if they weren't close socially you have to have quite a special connection with someone when you spend the time watching each other's backs and supporting each other in that kind of environment.

I'd like to see how Ennis and Esteban interact too. Esteban has known Ellery a long time and has probably seen him throught some difficult times.

Karen

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #6871 on: November 16, 2006, 07:15:09 am »
Oh there has been so much going on here since last night!!!  Louise, great idea to get some plot-bunnies for more LS.....although I cant seem to come up with anything original of my own, unfortunately, but I do like the idea of Ennis and Ellery having a holiday without any interruptions, and I really like the idea of Ellery having to attend a Police convention and taking Ennis with him, really like that.

I think Lori's idea is good too, about them having to talk about the really serious stuff to do with POA and all that.  Its serious but its also a sign of how committed they are to each other, and that just makes me swell with happiness.

Its all Ennis and Ellery for me though, as much as I love Dupree, and I do, I just want as much Ennis and Ellery goodness as you can throw at us.   :)

Offline christie wood

« Reply #6872 on: November 16, 2006, 07:16:46 am »
You know, its my birthday today.   :)  But dont ask me how old I am, I'm in denial.  :(

But as a little treat to myself, I am going to be seeing Ellery tonight.   ;)  Yes, Hugh Jackman is starring in a film called "The Prestige" with  Christian Bale (aka Batman) and I am going to drool and swoon over him, which I think is a perfect way to spend a birthday evening, dont you?

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6873 on: November 16, 2006, 07:30:54 am »
Happy birthday Christie!!

Spending the day with Hugh Jackman is the perfect way to spend the day !!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #6874 on: November 16, 2006, 07:31:40 am »
Congratulations Christie!!
have a wonderful day  :)  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6875 on: November 16, 2006, 07:37:01 am »
Yeah - I'd like to see the vibe that Esteban and Ellery have. They were partners after all, and even if they weren't close socially you have to have quite a special connection with someone when you spend the time watching each other's backs and supporting each other in that kind of environment.

watching each other's WHATs?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6876 on: November 16, 2006, 07:40:25 am »
watching each other's WHATs?

LOL  :laugh:

That's not what I meant!  :laugh:

Karen

Offline christie wood

« Reply #6877 on: November 16, 2006, 07:42:21 am »
Happy birthday Christie!!

Spending the day with Hugh Jackman is the perfect way to spend the day !!

Thank you. 

Thats exactly what I thought.  ;)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6878 on: November 16, 2006, 08:12:03 am »
Happy Birthday Christie!

Enjoy Hugh in the movie. Now close your eyes and pretent you're blowing.......out the birthday candle!     ::)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6879 on: November 16, 2006, 08:15:37 am »
Happy Birthday Christie!

Enjoy Hugh in the movie. Now close your eyes and pretent you're blowing.......out the birthday candle!     ::)

Oh, just a little reminder. I posted this in the Hugh Hugh Hugh! thread - in a recent interview about the Prestige, the Australian interviewer said "I noticed they managed to get your shirt off in that film too."  And Hugh smiled and said "It's standard in the contract now."

I loved that:  Every film with Hugh in it now comes standard with at least one bare chest shot!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”