Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3170891 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #8000 on: November 30, 2006, 12:41:10 pm »
8000 posts! Yeah!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #8001 on: November 30, 2006, 12:41:41 pm »
OMG!!  :o

I should start doing all of that too!

It,s kind of strange though, in a way, starting reading it all over again from the begining, and seeing just how far they have both come now. Hope their ceremony doesnt get postponed for too long, though tbh I dont really understand why it has to be. Poor Jeremy, is really going through it isnt he? At least he has Ennis to talk too about it though. He understands exactly what he,s going through. He didnt meant to slap Wayne, even though he deserves it sometimes for being such an arsehole. He threw a hissy fit like a big girl lol. What a wimp. As Ennis would say, he needs to grow some backbone..but knowing Wayne thats doubtfull.  ::) ::)

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #8002 on: November 30, 2006, 12:43:51 pm »
I am totally bummed.   :(

Yesterday was not a good day.  *sigh*

I came home from my doctor's appointment where I learned that I'm being put back on a new SSRI medication after managing to stay off one for 3 years.  I went to check on updates for one of the other BBM WIP fanfics that I'm avidly following, only to find out it is gone, poof, no more.
Now I'll never know how the story turns out and I really hate when that happens.  I wish I had the self-discipline to wait and only read fics that are completed, so as not to get so invested in something that ends up abandoned and has no ending.

I live vicariously through the fictional characters of TV, movies, and fanfiction as an escape from RL.

Sorry for venting my frustration here, but ... I didn't know where else to go.
At times, there are things that go on in fandoms (especially BBM) that to me are just ... depressing.   :'(

I think I need some more happy pics and maybe some happy fics to cheer me up.  (hint-hint)
Looking forward to the wedding chapters of LS, that's fer sure.

What fic is that NV? Yes I hate it when that happens too. Like FON by Jenna. Just got into it and...woosh, gone. You cant help feeling just a teeny bit anoyed really can you?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8003 on: November 30, 2006, 12:46:07 pm »
It,s kind of strange though, in a way, starting reading it all over again from the begining, and seeing just how far they have both come now. Hope their ceremony doesnt get postponed for too long, though tbh I dont really understand why it has to be. Poor Jeremy, is really going through it isnt he? At least he has Ennis to talk too about it though. He understands exactly what he,s going through. He didnt meant to slap Wayne, even though he deserves it sometimes for being such an arsehole. He threw a hissy fit like a big girl lol. What a wimp. As Ennis would say, he needs to grow some backbone..but knowing Wayne thats doubtfull.  ::) ::)

I am also not understanding why the ceremony needs to be postponed. It was just going to be simple private one at Ellery's house. Unless Ennis doesn't want to be wearing a wedding ring when his daughters come to visit. Still, he is going to need to own up to the fact that he and Ellery are married, sooner or later.

Leslie
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 12:52:08 pm by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #8004 on: November 30, 2006, 12:48:58 pm »
What fic is that NV? Yes I hate it when that happens too. Like FON by Jenna. Just got into it and...woosh, gone. You cant help feeling just a teeny bit anoyed really can you?

Yes, that's the one!  It was such a good story - I was totally addicted - and I don't understand what happened.   ???   :o

This is so sad ... and scary.
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Scott6373

« Reply #8005 on: November 30, 2006, 12:49:03 pm »
I just want the whining to stop...Jeremy?...drop 'em and get one with it...it ain't the end of the world.  Jeeves?...zip it up, both ends please...for mercy's sake...LOL

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8006 on: November 30, 2006, 12:50:10 pm »

Morning all!!  8)

Love the Wayne/Jeeves/Dupree discussion ..

- I didn't really feel sorry for Wayne because he makes me laugh so hard!  I know Dupree should not have ploughed into him and knocked him on his ass, but the whole thing was hilarious.  And like Jo said, he has the hide of a rhinoceros ..lol, see how quickly he got over it when he heard about Jeremy winning the poll!  He was all smiles again and talking about cockrings!  That is why I love Wayne ..  ;D

- About Jeeves, he was jealous and petty about Dupree's encounter with Nick.  He was feeling insecure and was suffering from a bad case of "bruised ego-titis" ..lol..  He is not infallible, so I understand to some extent, where he is coming from.  If he keeps up making remarks like that though, he'll most certainly lose Dupree's friendship.

Gotta go check out the new chapter.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 01:25:02 pm by Lucise »

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #8007 on: November 30, 2006, 12:50:15 pm »
I am also not understand why the ceremony needs to be postponed. It was just going to be simple private one at Ellery's house. Unless Ennis doesn't want to be wearing a wedding ring when his daughters come to visit. Still, he is going to need to own up to the fact that he and Ellery are married, sooner or later.

Leslie

Exactly Leslie he is, because, if you remember after Ben and Sallys wedding he told Ellery that he was sick to death of being ashamed. So he ought to be proud to wear it in front of them. Lucky Ennis, dont we wish eh? *SIGH* ::) ::) ::)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #8008 on: November 30, 2006, 12:51:04 pm »
I just want the whining to stop...Jeremy?...drop 'em and get one with it...it ain't the end of the world.  Jeeves?...zip it up, both ends please...for mercy's sake...LOL

Boy, Scott, you are in a real sympathetic mood this morning. LOL

Folks, we are only 56 views behind the ABC people. We could pass them in the next hour or two...

L

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #8009 on: November 30, 2006, 12:52:10 pm »
Yes, that's the one!  It was such a good story - I was totally addicted - and I don't understand what happened.   ???   :o

This is so sad ... and scary.

Did you manage to buy the zine of SN? I did and boy am I glad I did. I think I might have screamed if I hadnt got it and then it got withdrawn from sale before I,d had a chance to buy it.