Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3169651 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4100 on: September 19, 2006, 09:03:10 pm »
Folks... I am working on a way to move this thread into the Fan Fiction forum while retaining its original URL so that people coming here from an external link will have no problems finding it.

The Ennis & Ellery thread began prior to appointing a new team to run our Fan Fiction forum, and it sort of got grandfathered into CT.  I would like to keep all of the great fan fiction items together in one place for our users to find it more easily.  In fact, I would like to expand the concept of the Fan Fiction forum beyond just "fan fiction" but also to be a writer's forum in more general terms where people can share their stories and ideas both about the movie and other things happening in their lives.

I'd like to thank Louisev and Mainewriter for doing such a great job with the Fan Fiction forum and this very popular story.  I am hoping our Fall Season and rollout of some new things here will make our site even more inviting and useful to folks.

Many thanks!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4101 on: September 19, 2006, 09:04:08 pm »
I was going to comment on the syringe, something along the lines of WTF? LOL

Now to me, this is Nadine:

Young, candystriper, forgot everything they taught her in orientation about confidentiality...

Leslie

Yes ME too!! SHe looks snippy enough as well as the right profession!  Good find on that one just my own opinion too--but I totally agree.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4102 on: September 19, 2006, 09:05:17 pm »
Since Kirsten and Julia are 'too close for comfort' .. here is Anna Paquin!  She works for me!

« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 09:06:49 pm by Lucise »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4103 on: September 19, 2006, 09:08:22 pm »
I'd like to thank Louisev and Mainewriter for doing such a great job with the Fan Fiction forum and this very popular story.  I am hoping our Fall Season and rollout of some new things here will make our site even more inviting and useful to folks.

Many thanks!

Looking forward to the fall season too Phillip!  :)
Cheers.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #4104 on: September 19, 2006, 09:10:12 pm »
Since Kirsten and Julia are 'too close for comfort' .. here is Anna Paquin!  She works for me!

Anna Paquin is a good choice... she also looks a bit like Alma Jr... I'll vote for her!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

yb

« Reply #4105 on: September 19, 2006, 09:34:57 pm »
I am back from my vacation and here to report to E&E thread.  ;D

Glad to see that you guys added another 70 some pages since I left and few more devoted E&E fans (including the honorable Madlori!).  One thing that I managed to do during my vacation is to stay up-to-date on Laramie Sage.  I really enjoy the new book.

Hi, Jenny

I wasn't aware you're into LS, too.  Great to see you here.  Welcome back from one Chinese to another.

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #4106 on: September 20, 2006, 12:24:40 am »
Thanx, littleguitar!
I'm gonna give this a try.  This is a test - if it works you'll see a picture of the inside of a horse stable.  I thought it could represent where Nellie saved Ennis from Worrell.  (Hey, I'm trying to stay on topic. LOL.)
Here goes:  *keeping fingers crossed*

Oops - I'm lost, Copy and Paste didn't work.  What do I do after clicking on insert image?
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #4107 on: September 20, 2006, 12:31:23 am »

i agree lucise she is great...could very easily be a sister to our junior

Beautiful mind

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4108 on: September 20, 2006, 03:46:54 am »
That's a perfect picture of Ellery for these chapters.
I agree! Absolutely perfect *sigh*

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #4109 on: September 20, 2006, 03:50:22 am »

Works for me too Milli!

Thanks!  :)