Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3184064 times)

Monica

Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #4370 on: September 24, 2006, 01:38:26 am »
Tara,

There is "no such thing" as rehashing old chapters!  Now that I have a statistic counter on my Livejournal, I can see what people are reading, and HOW MANY people are reading, and while there are certainly a whole lot of people up to date, there have been in the past 24 hours since I got the thing installed, indications of 3 people reading "Looking for Answers", one person reading "Taking Chances" and four people reading "A Second Chance" as well as more reading "Shelter" and the bulk reading "The Long Way Home."  Discussion is not limited to the latest chapter!

What I wrote about Jack's motives for going to Austin, and his regret about hurting Ennis with his other sexual activities, reflects my own belief that Jack loved Ennis deeply, and that his love for Ennis affected his emotions and behavior after their last meeting, leaving him with a need to look at himself, causing him to hesitate before meeting up with other men - even anonymous prostitutes.  I would even go so far as to say that his extracurricular sex with men was something he felt guilty about.  He didn't simply hide it to keep from angering Ennis - I think he hid it because he felt ashamed of it, that he was "not like Ennis", who clearly had not gone out seeking other men's company between their meetings.  But that is only my own fan fic interpretation.

I hope you know  I am going to be rehasing old chapters all of the time now that you said that,  ;D.

I agree with everything you said about Jack whole heartedly!  I have complete faith in your fan fic interpretation.

Tara
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 02:02:52 am by Monica »

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #4371 on: September 24, 2006, 03:00:43 am »

The sight which greets Ennis at the Holiday Inn. Ellery sleeping like a baby.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4372 on: September 24, 2006, 03:42:20 am »
Well, theres a gorgeous sight to see first thing in the morning.  :P :P No wonder poor Ennis finds it hard to control himself, I,m having a hard time myself now, and it,s only 8.30 am. I need a cold shower after looking at that, and June will have to go for another drive. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #4373 on: September 24, 2006, 04:02:19 am »

The sight which greets Ennis at the Holiday Inn. Ellery sleeping like a baby.

Mmmmm.... niiiiiiiiice.  Love those naked shoulders.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

« Reply #4374 on: September 24, 2006, 05:52:32 am »
Okay, now that I spoiled everyone TO DEATH with extra bonus chapters, tomorrow I have company, and I still have cleaning to do...

so  *ahem*

I might only get one (or maybe no) chapters written.  However you had FOUR today so there shouldn't be any complaints.  And many of you are busy at your Boston and NY bashes in any case!  So enjoy your Sunday if you don't see me!

Have a great time today Louise. We can wait for the chapters, don't worry. You go and have some fun.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 06:36:34 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4375 on: September 24, 2006, 06:19:30 am »
A brief statistic from overnight: as before, the UK got overtaken by Canada once more as the late readers on the west coast took over:

US:  57%
Canada: 12%
UK:  10%
Germany: 10%
Australia:  3%
New Zealand: 2%
Other: 6%

In other:

Netherlands
Sweden
Hong Kong
Austria

round out the top 10.

Netherlands is holding fast to 7th place: not bad for such a small country!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4376 on: September 24, 2006, 07:34:19 am »
*whoo wee!  The house is passably, er, clean!*

And I still have an hour or so till company comes.  Just put in this load of wash here... and I should have chapter 65 whipped off before I have my visitor!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4377 on: September 24, 2006, 08:20:06 am »
And here it is:

Update to "The Long Way Home"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/120233.html  "Chapter 65:  An Awakening"

yb

« Reply #4378 on: September 24, 2006, 08:20:40 am »
Great.  So, at least we'll have a chapter today.   :D

ETA:  AW, you've already posted it.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 08:22:12 am by yb »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4379 on: September 24, 2006, 08:31:29 am »
yup!  If company doesnt stay too long I may be able to get another chapter done tonight, but that won't be for maaaany hours!

And my insane delight with statistics is dying down, however, the following just boggles my mind:

In just over 2 full days (50 hours), there have been 421 unique hosts connecting to my Livejournal, and the number of new, previously untracked hosts reading the Laramie Saga is... astonishing.  Thank you all for reading.  I have been writing fiction in obscurity for the past ten years, wondering if anyone would ever show more than a feeble interest in my writing... and that hope has been fulfilled.

I am very, very grateful to all of you.  And that includes all of you lurkers!

love and kisses and gettin fancy!

Louise