Author Topic: Kerry's Komedy Klub  (Read 1204454 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Kerry's Komedy Klub
« Reply #4410 on: March 08, 2012, 07:13:01 pm »
In honor of International Women's Day:

Medical Info Women Should Know
Pregnancy, Estrogen, and Women
PREGNANCY Q & A & more!

Q: Should I have a baby after 35?
A: No, 35 children is enough.

Q : I'm two months pregnant now. When will my baby move?
A: With any luck, right after he finishes college.

Q : What is the most reliable method to determine a baby's sex?
A: Childbirth.

Q: My wife is five months pregnant and so moody that sometimes she's borderline irrational.
A: So what's your question?

Q: My childbirth instructor says it's not pain I'll feel during labor, but pressure. Is she right?
A: Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air current.

Q: When is the best time to get an epidural?
A: Right after you find out you're pregnant.

Q: Is there any reason I have to be in the delivery room while my wife is in labor?
A: Not unless the word "alimony" means anything to you.

Q: Is there anything I should avoid while recovering from childbirth?
A: Yes, pregnancy.

Q: Do I have to have a baby shower?
A: Not if you change the baby's diaper very quickly.

Q: Our baby was born last week. When will my wife begin to feel and act normal again?
A: When the kids are in college.

10 WAYS TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE "ESTROGEN ISSUES"

1. Everyone around you has an attitude problem.
2. You're adding chocolate chips to your cheese omelet.
3. The dryer has shrunk every last pair of your jeans.
4. Your husband is suddenly agreeing to everything you say.
5. You're using your cell phone to dial up every bumper sticker that says: "How's my driving?".
6. Everyone's head looks like an invitation to batting practice.
7. Everyone seems to have just landed here from "outer space."
9. You're sure that everyone is scheming to drive you crazy.
10. The ibuprofen bottle is empty and you bought it yesterday.

TOP TEN THINGS ONLY WOMEN UNDERSTAND:

10. Cats' facial expressions.
9. The need for the same style of shoes in different colors.
8. Why bean sprouts aren't just weeds.
7. Fat clothes.
6. Taking a car trip without trying to beat your best time.
5. The difference between beige, ecru, cream, off-white, and eggshell.
4. Cutting your hair to make it grow.
3. Eyelash curlers.
2. The inaccuracy of every bathroom scale ever made.

AND, the Number One thing only women understand:
1. OTHER WOMEN

I shared this with some female coworkers. They thought it was hysterical.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4411 on: March 08, 2012, 07:23:07 pm »
I shared this with some female coworkers. They thought it was hysterical.  :)

Glad I could help put smiles on a few faces today, Jeff.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #4412 on: March 28, 2012, 09:47:08 am »
Wasn't sure where to put this little anecdote.  It's not a joke, but it is funny, and I thought it apropos for BetterMost.  It's from Mike Farrell's (B.J. Hunnicutt, M*A*S*H, 1972-83) biography.

From Just Call Me Mike: A Journey to Actor and Activist, by Mike Farrell, c 2007 p 115

A friendship formed during the Proposition 6 campaign [1978 - it would have barred homosexuals from working as teachers in California's schools] taught me even more about how precarious life can be for some.  David Mixner had been one of the chief architects of the Vietnam Moratorium, a hugely successful initiative in the movement to end that war.  At the time of his very public activities, it was not known that he was gay.  When David finally came out of the closet a few years later, old friends -- even family members -- deserted him in droves.  As told in his book, Stranger Among Friends, the price of honesty -- and of being different -- in our society can be monstrous.  At dinner at our house one night, David told us about a loving aunt who did not cut him off when his sexual orientation became known.

"David," she said, "I understand you suck cock."

"Yes, Aunt Helen, that's right.  I do."

"Well," Aunt Helen responded with a smile, "so do I, dear.  So do I."

Due to his own strong character and the understanding and love of people like Helen, David survived it all and went on to become a national leader on gay rights issues; he now works internationally on the AIDS pandemic.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4413 on: March 28, 2012, 02:48:27 pm »
"Well," Aunt Helen responded with a smile, "so do I, dear.  So do I."

:-X I guess I would have fallen off the chair, hearing an elderly aunt saying this. :laugh:

Good for Mr. Mixner, and a lovely anecdote to tell by Mr. Farrell. I love M*A*S*H

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4414 on: March 28, 2012, 04:49:03 pm »

That is truly an amazing story.  And hilarious too.  Oh and by the way, I probably know the lions share of Mash by heart.  I have watched that show over and over, over the years.  My beautiful Kelsey and I used to watch it every afternoon together, when she got home from school...  She loves it too. 

One of the very best shows, to have ever been on television.  IMO

Beautiful mind

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #4415 on: March 28, 2012, 08:32:01 pm »

That is truly an amazing story.  And hilarious too.  Oh and by the way, I probably know the lions share of Mash by heart.  I have watched that show over and over, over the years.  My beautiful Kelsey and I used to watch it every afternoon together, when she got home from school...  She loves it too. 

One of the very best shows, to have ever been on television.  IMO

You and me both, sister.  You and me both.  We should have a trivia contest, ha-ha, see which of us knows it better by heart.  I have had a lifelong crush on Alan Alda, and most of the men I've picked in my life resemble the Hawkeye character in some way or another.  His first biography was a good read, the second one not so much.  And William Christopher and his wife wrote an inspiring book about raising their youngest son, with autism.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #4416 on: March 29, 2012, 07:09:18 am »
    There are very few shows with the beautiful character development, or scripts that that show had.

It had a unique and stellar cast of stars.  They came and they went, but they were all great. 

Hawkeye,,                         Alan Alda
    Trapper John...                 Wayne Rogers
     Colonel Henry Blake          McLean Stevens
     Hotlips Hoolihan                Loretta Swit
     Major Frank Burns             Larry Linville
     Radar O'Reilly                   Gary Burghoff
     Maxwell Klinger                 Jamie Farr
     Father Mulcahey                William Christopher
     Capt. Honeycutt                 Mike Farrell
     Colonel Potter.....               Henry Morgan
     Major Charles Winchester   David Ogden Stiers

Each and every character was fully developed.  They had family members, children, grand children.  Former jobs, and all the things that real life people have.  Probably partly because of it first having been written in a book.  The
people were all based on real people.  They were the men and women that the author had served with in the Korean War.  I am sure there were not direct copies.  But probably conglomerates and partials. 

Beautiful mind

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #4417 on: May 04, 2012, 11:27:40 am »
YOUR AGE BY CHOCOLATE MATH

Don't tell me your age; you'd probably lie anyway-but the Hershey Man will know!

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have chocolate (more than once but less than 10).

2. Multiply this number by 2.

3. Add 5.

4.  Multiply it by 50.

(I'll wait while you get the calculator here.)

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1762.  If you haven't, add 1761.

6. Now subtract the four-digit year that you were born.

You should have a three-digit number.

The first digit is your original number (how many times you want to have chocolate each week).

The next two numbers are:

Your Age!

THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2012) IT WILL EVER WORK, SO SPREAD IT AROUND WHILE IT LASTS.

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #4418 on: August 07, 2012, 10:04:01 am »
GREAT BLONDE JOKES:

DISNEYLAND

Two blondes were going to Disneyland . They were driving on the Interstate when they saw the sign that said Disneyland LEFT. They started crying and turned around and went home.

FLORIDA OR MOON

Two blondes living in Oklahoma were sitting on a bench talking, and one blonde says to the other, 'Which do you think is farther away... Florida or the moon?' The other blonde turns and says 'Helloooooooooo, can you see Florida ?????'

CAR  TROUBLE

A blonde pushes her BMW into a gas station. She tells the mechanic it died. After he works on it for a few minutes, it is idling smoothly.  She says, 'What's the story?'
He replies, 'Just crap in the carburetor .' She asks, 'How often do I have to do that?'

SPEEDING TICKET

A police officer stops a blonde for speeding and asks her very nicely if he could see her license.
She replied in a huff , 'I wish you guys would get your act together.
Just yesterday you take away my license and then today you expect me
to show it to you!'

RIVER WALK

There's this blonde out for a walk.
She comes to a river and sees another blonde on the opposite bank 'Yoo- hoo !' she shouts, 'How can I get to the other side?'  The second blonde looks up the river then down the river and shouts back,
'You ARE on the other side.'

AT THE DOCTOR'S OFFICE

A gorgeous young redhead goes into the doctor's office and said that her body hurt wherever she touched it.
'Impossible!' says the doctor.. 'Show me.'
The redhead took her finger, pushed on her left shoulder and screamed, then she pushed her elbow and screamed even more. She pushed her knee and screamed; likewise she pushed her ankle and screamed. Everywhere she touched made her scream.
The doctor said, 'You're not really a redhead , are you? 'Well, no' she said, 'I'm actually a blonde.' 'I thought so,' the doctor said. 'Your finger is broken.'

KNITTING

A highway patrolman pulled alongside a speeding car on the freeway. Glancing at the car, he was astounded to see that the blonde behind the wheel was knitting ! Realizing that she was oblivious to his flashing lights and siren, the trooper cranked down his window, turned on his bullhorn and yelled, 'PULL OVER!' 'NO!' the blonde yelled back, 'IT'S A SCARF!'

BLONDE ON THE SUN

A Russian, an American, and a Blonde were talking one day.
The Russian said, 'We were the first in space!'
The American said, 'We were the first on the moon!'
The Blonde said, 'So what? We're going to be the first on the sun!' The Russian and the American looked at each other and shook their heads. 'You can't land on the sun, you idiot! You'll burn up!' said the Russian.
To which the Blonde replied, 'We're not stupid, you know. We're going at night!'

IN A VACUUM

A blonde was playing Trivial Pursuit one night... It was her turn. She rolled the dice and she landed on Science & Nature.
Her question was, 'If you are in a vacuum and someone calls your name, can you hear it?'
She thought for a time and then asked, 'Is it on or off?'

FINALLY,
THE BLONDE JOKE TO END ALL BLONDE JOKES!

A girl was visiting her blonde friend, who had acquired two new dogs, and asked her what their names were. The blonde responded by saying that one was named Rolex and one was named Timex .
Her friend said, 'Whoever heard of someone naming dogs like that?' 'HELLLOOOOOOO......,' answered the blonde. 'They're watch dogs.'
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #4419 on: August 07, 2012, 10:24:24 am »

These are very funny Mandy.  I have always liked blonde jokes.   I specially like the one that had crap in the carburator.

Beautiful mind