Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3208967 times)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4330 on: November 20, 2008, 05:20:37 pm »

I just discovered this fairly interesting interview with Reese on MSNBC.  It's sort of long, but she clearly talks a bit about Jake.

Witherspoon not so sure about marriage
But ‘Four Christmases’ star says she still has ‘a lot of hope for love’

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27826977/

Reese Witherspoon may be happily involved with Jake Gyllenhaal. But though the handsome, blue-eyed actor has been spotted with the blonde star and her children in locales from L.A. to London, she isn’t currently thinking about making their union permanent.

“Family is all we have in life, but I don’t know how I feel about marriage,” Witherspoon told Parade magazine in the November 23 issue. “Obviously, I’m not far enough out of being married to think about doing it again. You sort of reconstitute your family. You find a family, with people who come into your life for a reason.

“I definitely still have a capacity to love,” Witherspoon continued. “Someone said to me once, ‘No matter what breakup you went through or what new love you find — the love you remember, like the love you now value, is yours. Whatever love you once gave to somebody else, it doesn’t go away. Even if it is only remembered love, it belongs to you.’

Though she isn’t ready to make it official, she hinted her romantic life with Gyllenhaal continues to be inspiring.

“Things change,” Witherspoon added. “But your ability to love remains intact. Oh, I have a lot of hope for love! I do!””

But Witherspoon, who is gearing up for the release of her new film, “Four Christmases,” alongside Vince Vaughn, also told the magazine that sometimes she looks back. In the interview, Witherspoon said she still deals with her divorce from actor Ryan Phillippe last year.

“There are things in my life that are hard to reconcile, like divorce,” she said. “Sometimes it is very difficult to make sense of how it could possibly happen. Laying blame is so easy. I don’t have time for hate or negativity in my life. There’s no room for it. When you make wrong choices, you have to take responsibility for them: ‘What part of this do I own?’”

And like many people who have divorced, Witherspoon too, revisits decisions she made in her marriage.

“I struggle to figure out what made me make those choices,” she said. “All I can hope for is that I’ve learned something from it and won’t make the same choices again.”

One conclusion the actress said she came to, is that she didn’t put herself first as a young person.

“I wasn’t good about protecting myself,” she said. “I spent a lot of my 20s just trying to make other people happy, rather than trying to figure out if doing that made me happy.”

Though there are some things she regrets from her 20s, Witherspoon is proud of many of the decisions she made — like choosing to avoid scantily clad moments on screen.

“It takes perseverance and determination for any young woman to navigate the movie business,” she said. “It’s deeply offensive when they are objectified, treated like sex toys. It’s so easy to get attention early on in your career when you promote only the sexual side of yourself. It gains you popularity, but it doesn’t mean anything. Five years later, no one knows your name, and you wonder why.

“Trust me, I’ve had my moments,” she continued. “I’m like a junkyard dog. I’d say, ‘Why are they asking me to wear a bikini?’ I get tough, because I see the slippery slope. … There are a lot of women who don’t respect themselves and hurt themselves. I grew up knowing strong women who value who you are and what you contribute to life.”

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4331 on: November 28, 2008, 01:19:08 pm »

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #4332 on: November 28, 2008, 04:25:51 pm »

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4333 on: November 28, 2008, 05:31:14 pm »
Love the cap! Very Heath-ish.

Sure enough.  I think he must be having continuing issues with how to deal with his PoP hair while out and about doing his normal activities.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #4334 on: November 28, 2008, 06:51:03 pm »
Sure enough.  I think he must be having continuing issues with how to deal with his PoP hair while out and about doing his normal activities.

I guess, and if his PoP hair gives him an excuse to wear caps, I´m all for it!

Offline Love

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Jack,I Swear...
    • Brokeback Mountain
« Reply #4335 on: November 30, 2008, 06:05:01 am »
Gyllenhaal’s parents in financial problems

Jake Gyllenhaal and his sister, Maggie Gyllenhaal, may be famous actors with equally A-list squeezes, but it looks like their parents haven’t been reaping the benefits of their children’s success.
According to divorce documents obtained by TMZ, Stephen Gyllenhaal and Naomi Foner are in deep financial trouble. The couple, who separated last January, apparantly acquired some serious debt during the course of their marriage, including mortgage payments, home equity lines of credit against their two homes, several credit cards and “various outstanding loans.”

Naomi, a screenwriter, says she had to take out a loan during the writer’s strike because she had no money coming in.

Gyllenhaal allegedly told Foner of their finances, “I have been clear that if worse comes to worse, I will let all of this collapse into ruin, just as I believe letting the markets crash and burn are the right approach.”

Uh huh. How about just asking your kids for help?
Sometimes I miss you so much,I can hardly stand it

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4336 on: November 30, 2008, 03:04:15 pm »

I finally have something in common with Jake - hair issues!

:)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #4337 on: November 30, 2008, 05:54:54 pm »
Love your smile Jake G. !

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #4338 on: November 30, 2008, 09:19:34 pm »

I just saw my first commercial on TV for the game Prince of Persia and despite the character having a scarf around most of his mouth, it did look a little like Jake!  ;D

Gyllenhaal’s parents in financial problems

Jake Gyllenhaal and his sister, Maggie Gyllenhaal, may be famous actors with equally A-list squeezes, but it looks like their parents haven’t been reaping the benefits of their children’s success.
According to divorce documents obtained by TMZ, Stephen Gyllenhaal and Naomi Foner are in deep financial trouble. The couple, who separated last January, apparantly acquired some serious debt during the course of their marriage, including mortgage payments, home equity lines of credit against their two homes, several credit cards and “various outstanding loans.”

Naomi, a screenwriter, says she had to take out a loan during the writer’s strike because she had no money coming in.

Gyllenhaal allegedly told Foner of their finances, “I have been clear that if worse comes to worse, I will let all of this collapse into ruin, just as I believe letting the markets crash and burn are the right approach.”

Uh huh. How about just asking your kids for help?

Well, it's nice to know they weren't stage parents, living on their kids' money.  I suggest they sell the houses and eat the losses.  It's likely they have no equity.  I can't imagine what was going through Naomi's head when she thought taking out more debt was the solution to her unemployment problem.  Sounds like she took a gamble and lost.  Just goes to show you that smart people can make really dumb financial decisions.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4339 on: December 02, 2008, 12:35:23 am »
More Jake News... He plans to get fat!  Well that's the wordchoice of the article.

Jake Gyllenhaal is looking forward to getting "fat" when he finishes shooting 'Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time'.

The 27-year-old actor - who is currently in London shooting the Disney movie, in which he plays a sixth century prince - can't wait to return to his ordinary eating regime after losing weight and building up his 5lbs of muscles for the film shoot.

He said: "I guess I've gotten buff. There's a lot of acrobatics in the movie - a lot of running up walls, and jumping on things, so it requires muscularity, but it requires a lot of aerobic ability too. But when filming wraps it's going to turn into fat and I'm going to be happy."

Jake also revealed he was terrified about starring in the fantasy adventure because he didn't think he would be able to cope with the extreme stunts.

He added: "I over-prepared myself because I never knew how much they were going to ask me to do, so I just made sure I'd be hopefully able to do anything

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1443240.php/Jake_Gyllenhaals_fat_plan.php/Jake_Gyllenhaals_fat_plan[/b]