Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3845828 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2880 on: November 08, 2007, 05:23:26 pm »
No pic of Heath in NYC yet?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2881 on: November 09, 2007, 03:15:12 am »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2882 on: November 09, 2007, 04:07:25 pm »
In an article on the current writers' strike:

"The strike could affect what might be the most interesting Texas film shoot in 2008. Insiders say Austin resident Terrence Malick quietly has been casting for a shoot there in March. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the film is Mr. Malick's long-awaited Trees of Life, with Heath Ledger and Sean Penn in talks to star. Mr. Penn starred in Mr. Malick's The Thin Red Line, and the new film's production company, River Road Entertainment, made Brokeback Mountain, starring Mr. Ledger."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/fea/breakroom/stories/DN-shotintexas_1109gl.ART0.State.Edition1.42ce69c.html
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 02:16:35 am by Ellemeno »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2883 on: November 09, 2007, 04:29:35 pm »
hm... it might be interesting, but I would hedge my bets on a picture by Malick - he produced the horribly forgettable "The New World" recently - the most beautifully photographed train wreck of a film I have seen in recent years.  So tedious that my friend Jane and I ended up fast-forwarding through the last 20 minutes because it was so damned long, and so DAMNED boring!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2884 on: November 09, 2007, 06:09:21 pm »
hm... it might be interesting, but I would hedge my bets on a picture by Malick - he produced the horribly forgettable "The New World" recently - the most beautifully photographed train wreck of a film I have seen in recent years.  So tedious that my friend Jane and I ended up fast-forwarding through the last 20 minutes because it was so damned long, and so DAMNED boring!

I haven't seen that one but I just re-watched Malick's "Days of Heaven" (from 1978). Also gorgeously photographed but also a really great movie. However....it is only 94 minutes long. An economy of movie making which Malick seems to have forgotten how to do.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2885 on: November 10, 2007, 01:00:35 am »
I haven't seen that one but I just re-watched Malick's "Days of Heaven" (from 1978). Also gorgeously photographed but also a really great movie. However....it is only 94 minutes long. An economy of movie making which Malick seems to have forgotten how to do.

I loved "Days of Heaven." As for "The New World," I have heard everything from Louise's condemnation to outright adoration. I suppose I should just see it myself ... though admittedly Louise's review does not make me want to run to Blockbuster's this minute.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2886 on: November 10, 2007, 01:08:58 am »

I really liked Days of Heaven.  I have watched it several times over the years.  It isnt
getting dated.  It is still great.

Beautiful mind

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2887 on: November 10, 2007, 09:57:47 am »

I really liked Days of Heaven.  I have watched it several times over the years.  It isnt
getting dated.  It is still great.

I agree completely, Janice. Watching it two weeks ago (after a hiatus of several years) it still seemed like a brand new movie. It could have been made yesterday. Maybe it was better that it wasn't made yesterday since it didn't have any CGI locusts!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2888 on: November 11, 2007, 12:20:11 am »
As I mentioned over at the social events forum, unfortunately no Heath at the Ang/James talk. :(

However, I went to a sneak preview of "I'm Not There" tonight in New York, with director Todd Haynes speaking after.  I'm not sure if it's been reported, but in the first few minutes of the film, Heath bares all.

Now I gotta go find that "I'm Not There" thread to give a review...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2889 on: November 11, 2007, 12:39:57 am »
As I mentioned over at the social events forum, unfortunately no Heath at the Ang/James talk. :(

However, I went to a sneak preview of "I'm Not There" tonight in New York, with director Todd Haynes speaking after.  I'm not sure if it's been reported, but in the first few minutes of the film, Heath bares all.

Now I gotta go find that "I'm Not There" thread to give a review...

A-a-all-ll??  As they say 'round these parts sometimes...

Thud.